What's new

Coronavirus

I have a feeling I have the covid, was with a girl last night who was chesty and now im feeling completely ****ed.

The CDC's website as of last week still asserts Covid vccination prevents transmission of the virus.
You have evidence otherwise (with the understanding that "prevent" does not imply perfection)? Does taking the vaccine make you more likely to spread the virus?

I have a feeling I have the covid, was with a girl last night who was chesty and now im feeling completely ****ed.
Usually I'd consider being with a chesty girl and being completely ****ed a good thing. Maybe this is a language barrier thing?

Pretty sure it was invented by Soros and Bill Gates. And vaccines actually cause it. It’s all designed to force everyone to get 5G and pay Steve Jobs and Hugo Chavez more money.

Am I doing stupid conspiracy right?

“Feel”
Yeah ”feel”

If you don’t know something with absolute truth, you look at facts and make a judgement on what you “feel” is true.

Just like what you are doing with the origins of Covid. You can’t provide absolute truth of the origins of Covid. If you can please do, because no one else has that information.

Yeah ”feel”

If you don’t know something with absolute truth, you look at facts and make a judgement on what you “feel” is true.

Just like what you are doing with the origins of Covid. You can’t provide absolute truth of the origins of Covid. If you can please do, because no one else has that information.
Lecturing me about the difference between looking at facts and relying on feelings is hilarious. Thank you, I needed a good laugh today.

Lecturing me about the difference between looking at facts and relying on feelings is hilarious. Thank you, I needed a good laugh today.
You did not read the article. This is why you have no depth on subjects. You also have no facts. You can’t provide absolute truth on the origins. Did you just skip right over that?

You just feel like it came from the market, because of the information that you consumed. Or maybe that deep down that’s what you hope is the truth because then you wouldn’t look foolish.
You don’t know 100% because nothing is confirmed. You absolutely believe this Chinese study, even though they literally say they can not prove that the animals were infected. Yet you don’t believe FBI that says it looks like it came from the lab.

But you keep on shaming people for looking at information and feel differently than you.

You did not read the article. This is why you have no depth on subjects. You also have no facts. You can’t provide absolute truth on the origins. Did you just skip right over that?

You just feel like it came from the market, because of the information that you consumed. Or maybe that deep down that’s what you hope is the truth because then you wouldn’t look foolish.
You don’t know 100% because nothing is confirmed. You absolutely believe this Chinese study, even though they literally say they can not prove that the animals were infected. Yet you don’t believe FBI that says it looks like it came from the lab.

But you keep on shaming people for looking at information and feel differently than you.
According to this report from the Director of National Intelligence, 4 parts of the US IC (Intelligence Community) believe, with low confidence, that it came from the market, while 1 believed, with moderate confidence, that it came from the lab, and 3 said "Uhhhhh... Dunno." Since this came out, I believe 1 of the "Dunnos," the DOE, turned to "lab" with low confidence. I don't recall exactly where the FBI landed on it.

According to this report from the Director of National Intelligence, 4 parts of the US IC (Intelligence Community) believe, with low confidence, that it came from the market, while 1 believed, with moderate confidence, that it came from the lab, and 3 said "Uhhhhh... Dunno." Since this came out, I believe 1 of the "Dunnos," the DOE, turned to "lab" with low confidence. I don't recall exactly where the FBI landed on it.

Exactly. We talked about this document earlier in the forum. I also posted Christopher Wray (fbi) doing an interview stating they believe it came from the lab. DOE also came out with low confidence that it came from the lab. I believe Red and Thriller posted about scientists talking about the wet markets raccoon dog as an origin as well.

When I look at all these sources, I honestly don’t have a strong opinion one way or another. To me both look viable. People shaming others to silence their opinion is what upsets me about this conversation from the beginning.

This is an interesting conversation with Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Del Bigtree about vaccines, each from either end of the issue. Del Bigtree has the position that certain people with pedigrees were silenced because they were bringing up issues. Neil said he favors the medical consensus over the individuals pedigree.

View: https://twitter.com/thechiefnerd/status/1644107524797345793?s=46&t=BMMZjW7vq0_zwnmLDjNTgQ

This is exactly how I feel:

View: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1636453969491836930?s=20

@Bucknutz You understand that you’re not entitled to my attention, right? I get that you get off on it. But I’ll respond to you if, when, and how I’d like and I really don’t care if it’s to your satisfaction. I don’t ignore you because because you’re finding good stories, intellectually stimulating links, or making some mind blowing argument. I find you boorish and largely a waste of time. In the past, you’ve made it clear that you don’t intend to engage in good faith arguments, you just want to troll. I have you on ignore most of the time because I quite frankly don’t have the time or patience to argue with someone like that.

1) Let me be clear, I don’t rely on feelings. I let evidence guide me to my political views and opinions. I’m first and foremost, a policy driven person, not a tribal warrior. I have changed views in light of experience and better arguments. I might seem tribal against your GOP because I recognize the warning signs for authoritarianism that many fellow historians and political scientists see. It’s not because I’m loyal to Democrats or Biden. Frankly, Biden just doesn’t have the personality to become a cult of personality, unlike Trump.

2) I believe in what the major intelligence services and institutions in this country believe the origin of Covid to be. I also believe in the effectiveness of vaccines. Again, I’m a policy driven person. I don’t need to stick flashlights up my *** to feel loyal to my dear leader.

3) I want to make it clear that we all know what Tom Cotton and Republicans were doing right from the get go with blaming this on a Covid lab leak. It wasn’t based on evidence. It was based on nationalism. Even today, your “tribe” insinuates that it came from a lab as some sort of bio weapon. That way they can fan the flames of nationalism and incoherent conspiracy involving Fauci, Biden, Soros, etc. the truth is likely more straightforward;

a) it most likely originated from an animal at the west market.
Or
b) it originated from an animal, had a sample maintained at the lab, and was leaked from the lab.

I know it’s a lot less exciting to believe what the evidence suggests. I know it “feels” better to think that the liberals and Chinese ganged together against Orange God King to end his presidency. But that’s what the evidence suggests. And that’s why I don’t engage in this “lab leak” theory. Your side is trying to weaponize it into something that isn’t supported by evidence, But it certainly makes you “feel” good.

Last edited:
“Feeling” is what you see people on both sides of the political aisle prioritize but it’s becoming increasingly the focus on the right.

“I feel like my country is changing and I don’t like it.”
“I feel like Covid was made up by Fauci and vaccines don’t work.”
“I feel like Bud lite shouldn’t support the gays so I’m gonna boycott them!”
“I feel like the LGBT community is weird so let’s ban them.”
“I feel like history and books should coddle to my interests, so let’s cancel courses, ban books, intimidate educators and librarians, etc. I should feel comfortable and only me.”
“I feel like those two black Democrats from Nashville were gettin too uppidty so let’s expel them!”
“I feel like my candidate won so therefore Jan 6 was justified.”

It’s a sign of the rampant narcissism throughout the country that diminishes experts and expertise. It’s why Tucker, Hannity, etc keep shoveling garbage for their viewing narcissists to swallow down. They can’t handle the truth so we need to continue to feed into their fantasy of grievance.

Last edited: