What's new

Coronavirus

anyone purchasing Ivermectin prepared as a de-wormer for horses and taking it is an absolute idiot. I am however in favour of a doctor being able to prescribe it as they see fit with their patients. And the villification of Ivermectin as only a "horse de-wormer" was bizarre given that it's one of the most widely used medications in humans ever with an incredible safety profile, and it's developers awarded a nobel prize for such.
What is it prescribed to humans for?

given that it's one of the most widely used medications in humans ever.

Does it go by a different name or something? I have never known anyone to use it.

Is it as widely used as things like Neosporin, aspirin, Tylenol, etc?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Does it go by a different name or something? I have never known anyone to use it.

Is it as widely used as things like Neosporin, aspirin, Tylenol, etc?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
it's mostly used as an anti parasitic, in the poorer parts of the world and has benefitted billions of people. It's incredibly cheap and safe

it's mostly used as an anti parasitic, in the poorer parts of the world and has benefitted billions of people. It's incredibly cheap and safe

Thanks. Not sure why I didn't deserve a response, but I appreciate the information none the less.

So it's a de-wormer. Seems like that's what it's been called all along. Horse = big dose, human = little dose. Is covid a worm? Not sure why it would be prescribed for that.

So it's a de-wormer. Seems like that's what it's been called all along. Horse = big dose, human = little dose. Is covid a worm? Not sure why it would be prescribed for that.

your brain looks like there's a worm infesting it there ??

in the early days it had been shown to kill Covid in vitro so that was where it started, but hasn't specifically been clearly proven to be effective as a Covid treatment. It was just a little bizarre at least here that the government specifically banned Doctors from prescribing it for Covid patients. It's been used off label in a range of other conditions and has a very very good safety profile. The whole thing with the "horse wormer" references was people trying to make out like that was the primary use and wasn't used in humans. As usual it became a political point.

Lol

The **** low info people will try instead of the tried and proven regular medicines and treatments that boring experts recommend. It’s weird how so many people have their identities tied to being counter culture. And their insistence on never being wrong. They’ll never admit that their treatments were ineffective or deadly. And they’ll never admit that the experts were right all along.

Keep this in mind this November. Remember, four years ago when you let Trump be in charge of the executive branch, this **** was the result:

Keep in mind, the Australians who love to peddle **** to rubes to keep them addicted to their ****** propaganda channel didn’t take horse dewormer or stick flashlights up their asses(although they had no problem recommending these quack treatments to their viewers. Just shows how little they care about you, the “forgotten man.” They jumped the line for proven covid treatments. Shameless.

View: https://x.com/davidfrum/status/1359315791674548225?s=46

Last edited:
anyone purchasing Ivermectin prepared as a de-wormer for horses and taking it is an absolute idiot.
In the US, this was a big movement the FDA was fighting.

I am however in favour of a doctor being able to prescribe it as they see fit with their patients.
The only danger to that was for doctors prescribing ivermectin for covid-19, creating a supply shortage. How do you feel about doctors prescribing ivermectin for covid-19?

And the villification of Ivermectin as only a "horse de-wormer" was bizarre ...
Not in the US, here most of the sales were of the livestock variety.

IIRC, this as at concentrations that would go beyond human toleration. Alcohol kills the virus in vitro, we don't say beer treats covid-19

uhh i did say that's where it started, i'm sure many things kill Covid in vitro. If you can find where i vouched for the quantum leap between that and approving it specifically please go ahead and show me.

However due to it's safety profile and widespread global use in the billions of doses I really don't care if a doctor prescribed it off label, that's between a doctor and their patient. I think the shortage thing is ridiculous. Ivermectin is so widely used across the globe and is so cheap to produce i don't think that would have happened.

The authorities just were caught out misrepresenting something well intentioned or not.

However due to it's safety profile and widespread global use in the billions of doses I really don't care if a doctor prescribed it off label, that's between a doctor and their patient. I think the shortage thing is ridiculous. Ivermectin is so widely used across the globe and is so cheap to produce i don't think that would have happened.
Here in the US, there was a shortage if the livestock formulation.

The authorities just were caught out misrepresenting something well intentioned or not.
The findings of the trial was that the tweets were medical advice, and not in the FDAs purview.

Annnnnnnddddd despite Douche striking out once again, he’ll continue posting with his head in the sand.

His credo seems to be: “Never let a bad poorly informed opinion ever be affected by facts.”

Annnnnnnddddd despite Douche striking out once again, he’ll continue posting with his head in the sand.

His credo seems to be: “Never let a bad poorly informed opinion ever be affected by facts.”
Retracted

Last edited:
Oh he was talking about douchebag. I missed that part. I retract my statement. I'm just so used to everyone feeding the known trolls here all the time.
It’s true, there are a lot of trolls on this site. I try to not feed them. Block and move on with life.