What's new

Corruption of the media getting worse and worse

sometimes in a war you cant win, so some people turn to mutually assured destruction.
being called a racist xenophobe homophobe etc etc for years showed right wingers they just cant win, and will always be called that, so we took those terms as a badge of honor. and just go out and vote!

ps i did not vote of course. never voted for in MY life. i think voting is an act of real violence even if the candidates where Jesus and Buddha himself. i still think its an act of violence to vote!

but i am seriously on the fence voting for the right wing party here. just ecause standing by did nothing but get us liberal policies that are leading to misery and death around here.

got till about march to decide will see if i vote for the right wing party
Good post dutch

Good post dutch

62188816.jpg

It's ironic parody. The fact that it's not recognized as such is also indicative of further irony of the OP and national narrative.

ironic parody that you're safe from, as a white American. Lucky you.

ironic parody that you're safe from, as a white American. Lucky you.
Are you sure we're talking about the same thing?

I'm concerned about the precedent he's set with the media. It makes me worry for four years from now when he goes for reelection -- will the media collude with his campaign for spinning stories? Will the media send his campaign articles for review and edits before publication? Will the media leak debate questions to him? All very terrifying precedents he/they've set.

Last edited:
"The media" is a business. Their job is to sell advertising time/space.

Merely objectively reporting news will not draw an audience. You have to manufacture the drama that will keep people watching or reading.

A polarized audience is the best thing to ever happen to "the media"

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Merely objectively reporting news will not draw an audience. You have to manufacture the drama that will keep people watching or reading.

how do you know that? i would love a objective news source. it would get my business. all people i speak about want a objective newsource!

Liberals: "you conservatives are dumb, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, and sexist."

Conservatives: "oh ya? Well we just elected Donald Trump to stick it to ya, so there. What do you think about that?"

Liberals: "we underestimated you. You are dumber and more racist, sexist, xenophobic, and homophobic than we thought."

Lol

It almost seems like people voted for trump just to teach others a lesson.

Well I think a lesson that was learned is that people are dumb enough to cut off their nose to spite their face.

Lol

By far the best summary of the election that I've read. Thank you

how do you know that? i would love a objective news source. it would get my business. all people i speak about want a objective newsource!

Your business sure. But American society has clearly shown that they will flock to "the media" and the way they do things.

Wrong. NPR gets like 35 million unique viewers online every month. People want objective news.

NPR.org

The danger of believing fake news - https://www.deseretnews.com/865669666/

The controversy around*“fake news”*took on a new pall this month when a North Carolina man chose to investigate, gun in hand, a false online conspiracy theory that a Washington. D.C.-area pizza parlor was harboring a pedophilia ring with ties to the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Known now as*“Pizzagate,”*the incident (in which no one was hurt and the gunman arrested) leads to a bigger question of what Americans perceive as fact and fiction in a media landscape where conspiracy theorists and trolls can have as much voice and public attention (if not more) as traditional news outlets.

While it’s easy to condemn the accused — Edgar Maddison Welch — for jumping to an extreme conclusion over claims spread on sites like 4chan and Reddit, it’s equally easy to forget that Welch is hardly alone.

It’s impossible to know how many Americans read and believed the story, but researchers at Stanford University recently released*startling numbers*that offer insight into the fake news paradox.

Perhaps the most shocking finding of the report is that a whopping 93 percent of college students couldn’t identify lobbyist websites as biased sources of information. The findings were equally dismal for high school students, less than 20 percent of whom knew that looking at one photograph online was not enough to tell if an event actually took place or not. Eighty percent of middle school students were unaware of what “sponsored content” meant or that it differed from other content on a website. . . .

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

Because people believe the original article and not the disclaimer (if they even bother to read it).

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

Unfortunately, challenging "Fake News" also provides private companies to smear publications they dont want people to utilize as "fake".

The key here isn't to silence the other news providers, it's to establish a news network and/or publication that the public would actually have trust in-- as opposed to designing one that simply has the focus of economic growth and sustenance.