What's new

Could we win the championship this year?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...Top-10-In-Both-Offensive-Defensive-Efficiency

CzF62Y_VEAACC5F.jpg

I've said it before, but most fans would be shocked at how ****ing good this team can be if completely healthy. I think we're on the doorstep of moving into the top tier and becoming one of the NBA's elite. This team is considerably better than the Deron/Boozer team that went to the WCF.

Attachments

• jazzz.jpg
    jazzz.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 18
If we were healthy and during the warriors cavs game during the regular season there is a three way collision between Durant Lebron and Curry and they are all out for the year then we've got a shot. Unfortunately the chances of the three way collision are higher than is getting healthy. By my math it is less likely than me winning the lottery while simultaneously being propositioned by Kate Upton to father her child.

No we can't.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...Top-10-In-Both-Offensive-Defensive-Efficiency

CzF62Y_VEAACC5F.jpg

I've said it before, but most fans would be shocked at how ****ing good this team can be if completely healthy. I think we're on the doorstep of moving into the top tier and becoming one of the NBA's elite. This team is considerably better than the Deron/Boozer team that went to the WCF.

Awesome! I'm a little surprised we're considered an old team now though I guess the three acquisitions and everyone getting a year older will do that.

I think one thing life has taught me is never say never. I never would've thought that Trump would be elected President. But sometimes, **** happens and things fall into place in just the right way and a great surprise truly comes about.

If the team and really specifically Favors can get fully healthy and play at the level at which Hayward, Hill and Gobert are playing right now AND Hood can become a little more consistent, really, and this is the key part here, at crucial moments so that he hits the wide open three when we're down two or three with nine seconds left in big games, I think we can do anything. We may need to take the defense up just a notch. I still don't see the same intensity as I did two years ago but a lot of that could just be players learning how to play with a little
more restraint. So yeah, while I'd give us about a 1% chance to win it all, crazier **** has happened.

I think one thing life has taught me is never say never. I never would've thought that Trump would be elected President. But sometimes, **** happens and things fall into place in just the right way and a great surprise truly comes about.

If the team and really specifically Favors can get fully healthy and play at the level at which Hayward, Hill and Gobert are playing right now AND Hood can become a little more consistent, really, and this is the key part here, at crucial moments so that he hits the wide open three when we're down two or three with nine seconds left in big games, I think we can do anything. We may need to take the defense up just a notch. I still don't see the same intensity as I did two years ago but a lot of that could just be players learning how to play with a little
more restraint. So yeah, while I'd give us about a 1% chance to win it all, crazier **** has happened.

thats quite the fantasy. Applying that rationale to NBA projections seems extreme and misguided.. What about 'the cream always rises to the top' bruh? Thats what happened with Trump, why not the Warriors? They lead the league in blocks and steals.

Last year the team that played the best basketball won the Chip and it's likely to happen again.

I am not big on picking front-runners, as you can probably tell being that I'm an out of state Jazz fan. When I do though I like to pick strong ones, and the Warriors are one of the strongest early season teams I an ever recall.. KD continues to shoot 57% from the field..

the Warriors are one of the strongest early season teams I an ever recall...

They set a single season record last year over MJ's best team, and still didn't win a title. It seems everybody who assumed they'd win last year have learned absolutely nothing.

They set a single season record last year over MJ's best team, and still didn't win a title. It seems everybody who assumed they'd win last year have learned absolutely nothing.

Thats last years team, this seasons is significantly upgraded.. KD is on of the greatest scorers of all time and he's getting the easiest shots of his career.. The Warriors lead the league in steals and blocks, amongst many other categories.

I think one of the biggest reasons we could give top teams trouble is the emergence of Rudy as a tough-as-nails player. Championships require players with an unwavering confidence that they are the best. Rudy has that type of conviction. I think Hill is another key. I don't see him backing down to anyone. We haven't had this since Deron Williams. Swagger wins championships.

I think one of the biggest reasons we could give top teams trouble is the emergence of Rudy as a tough-as-nails player. Championships require players with an unwavering confidence that they are the best. Rudy has that type of conviction. I think Hill is another key. I don't see him backing down to anyone. We haven't had this since Deron Williams. Swagger wins championships.

There's only so much Rudy can do. There's a gamethread comparing the Jazz to David and the Warriors to Goliath but on the court its going to look more like Rudy playing the role of Goliath with the Warriors having 3-4 Davids...

True but if draymond doesn't get suspended then they probably finish off the cavs

Rudy will have an impact on their slashing inside game, but they still pass well, and when Rudy goes to help another player, our guys don't rotate well to get him help. The GS passing game will exploit our issues on both ends of the court.