D-Will karma

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by str8line, Mar 9, 2015.

1. gregbroncs

gregbroncs Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Malone did that to an opponent during a play. It's a little different that D-will did it to a teammate on a dead ball. Comparing apples to oranges.

2. nightmare3983

nightmare3983 First BF League CHAMP Contributor

May 22, 2012
    Didn't D Will chuck the ball at Hayward during a play when Hayward didn't do what D Will wanted him to do?

3. Kyoto

Kyoto Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Yeah it was during a game during live play.

4. gregbroncs

May 26, 2010
    I thought it was going into a timeout. I could definitely be wrong about that. Either way it was not in the course of trying to make a play like Malone's was.

5. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Jun 13, 2014
    Hayward caught it and hit a three... Hayward was supposed to cut through though.

6. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Jun 13, 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urE_fCp7e5s

I lied... he eventually scored a layup. I knew he scored on the play.

You are supposed to cut through and take the defense with you... drives me crazy when I am playing with guys and they stop like that.

7. gregbroncs

May 26, 2010
    Okay I didn't remember that play much at all. Funny thing is Hayward keeps playing and scores and D-Will quits and stands around. I remember the after play yelling and thought he threw it at him then. My bad.
    Still apples and oranges to Malone taking out Isiah.

8. bezerkus

bezerkus Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    D-Will was a cancer that needed rooting out, thought he was bigger than he was. Simple as that. Being a point guard in Jerry's system can do that to you. I think since then he's been humbled and seems like he learned alot. I would happy to have him back in a backup role. Everyone makes mistakes. I just don't think point guard dominated ball will ultimately win games and his play may not work with how the offense is run now. Stock was special, that's why it worked, at least until another cancer came along called Mark Jackson.

9. Stickler

Stickler Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    John Stockton was also uncomfortable with the press. When public figures are private people, the press finds it rankling, but to make a value judgment about a human being based on the fact that they were disinclined to open up to the press is something I will never understand.

Deron gave us everything we could have asked for. Did he get frustrated with Hayward once for not understanding what he was supposed to be doing during a set offensive play?

Yeah.

Nobody's perfect. Does it make him a jerk? Is it proof of his arrogance? I don't think so.

Does Deron Williams love basketball? Did he play his heart out for our team? Does he love his family? Is he a good father? A loyal friend? Has he ever said anything bad about Gordon Hayward, or about Jerry Sloan, or about Salt Lake City....?

Have some sense of perspective.

10. Stifle Tower

Stifle Tower Punch Bowl Re-Filler

Jun 3, 2010
    Or he could refuse to run the plays that are called by Quin and just do what he wants. That was the source of the friction with Sloan and the reason Jerry wanted KOC and Greg to approve some form of disciplinary action. When you aren't even allowed to bench a player for insubordination, you know it's time to step down.
    Well it was reported in the media that Jerry wanted to suspend Deron. Wasn't until Jerry quit that the denials over Deron behaving badly started. And I suspect that was a) because KOC/Miller had initially decided to keep him, and then b) didn't want his trade value to plummet if teams thought he had an attitude problem.

11. Stickler

May 26, 2010
    I don't think so. If I'm wrong, please feel free to link the article.

12. RandyForRubio

RandyForRubio Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2015
    I don't remember reading that Jerry wanted to suspend Deron. Crazy if true!

13. str8line

str8line Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner

Nov 22, 2013
    Deron did give us a lot. He was ultra-competitive and ultra-talented. But we had a good team, too. As the Jazz worsened Deron became bitter and turned into a prima donna. He decided to take things into his own hands. When they lost he acted like he was the only one who was losing. He turned on his teammates and then turned on his coach. Up until Jerry decided to quit we as Jazz fans gave Deron the benefit of the doubt regarding his petulant attitude, because he was a winner. But post-Jerry all of Deron's transgressions came into focus.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  14. The Fresh Prince

The Fresh Prince Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Damn, I can't believe that Jay Bilas got it spot on about DWill at the time he was darfted saying he would peak in 10 years.

15. candrew

candrew Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    I know it's apples and oranges - that was the entire point of my post.

16. Stickler

May 26, 2010
    Please don't presume to speak for "we Jazz fans".

17. TroutBum

TroutBum My Member's Premium Contributor

May 26, 2010
    We are all happy, deep down, so all of you boobs can jump off your moral high horses.

Birds of a feather, bro. I wouldn't wipe YOUR *** with DuhRon's tongue.

I'm sure David Locke said millions of knob-polishing things, because, you know, he's a mindless buffoon who just does what he's told.

Except it's not irrational, nor is it mythology. I have certain, um, connections with someone in the know, and so does my wife. Let me assure you that DuhRon was a complete piece of **** and was 100% of the reason Sloan quit. How bad does one person actually have to be to make one of THEE toughest, take no **** fro anybody, never-back-down coaches of all time just throw his hands up and say "F it!"?

I'm sure our Hall of Fame coach wanted to go out like that... Who wouldn't, right? The fact that Johnson followed puts an exclamation point on just how bad it was. Regarding the suspension business, that is all true.

Sorry Rev, you're dead wrong on this one, dude.

18. TroutBum

TroutBum My Member's Premium Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Says one of the worst posters to ever spread his fecal matter on the board.

At least you were polite about it.

19. LifeOnaPlate

LifeOnaPlate Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Guys can't you see this fight about dwill is tearing us apart!?

Sent from the JazzFanz app

20. str8line

str8line Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner

Nov 22, 2013

Thank you for boiling it all down to its essence.