What's new

Dame Time

Dame does not know what he wants… one day he’s dying on this hill… the next week he doesn’t want to rebuild… they need to just do him a solid and make the decision for him. I think if they wait one more year that contract will start to turn… the farthest out years could be ugly and every good year you cut from the deal it will drop his trade value by a lot.
I think Dame does know what he wants. To win. He is just fooling himself that he can do it with Portland.

EDIT: Or he wants to win and he wants to be in Portland.. but those two goals just dont mesh.

Same argument as KD.

You don't go for him who's 33 unless you are absolutely desperate to achieve something in the next couple of seasons. And there's absolutely no reason for this relatively young jazz team to force a short timeline upon themselves like that.

Had they not taken the gamble on a 32 yr old Conley, we'd still be competing with a 25yr old Mitchell/29yr old Rudy now and for many years to come, instead of doing this full rebuild last year.

Similarly, if we fail to achieve something with Dame the next couple of seasons, we are in the risk of losing this entire young core prematurely because we threw away all cap spaces/roster flexibility in acquiring him(he's locked for over 60mil in 2027, his 37 year old season) and the only way moving forward is to do another rebuild.

Ya it would be fun for a minute to have dame but the fun would be fleeting and wouldn't likely get us any closer to a title than donovan and rudy did and then we would be worse off after the fun was over.

No thanks to dame unless he comes to us without us having to give anything at all up. (like they are desperate to get off his contract and so basically give him away)

Damn painted himself into a corner by only wanting to play for teams that start with "O" as he'll only wear the number Zero.

(Growing up in Oakland, College ball in Ogden, NBA ball in Oregon)

So.. unless we can find him another "O" and give him a reason to move, we're out of luck.
He can move back to Ogden. They can play some games up there for fun. Problem solved!

Ya it would be fun for a minute to have dame but the fun would be fleeting and wouldn't likely get us any closer to a title than donovan and rudy did and then we would be worse off after the fun was over.

No thanks to dame unless he comes to us without us having to give anything at all up. (like they are desperate to get off his contract and so basically give him away)
This. 3 years ago he would have taken us over the edge with Rudy and Donovan, but there was exactly zero way to add him obviously. Now it is too late in his career and he gets too much money. Makes no sense at all.

I think trading for Lillard could be a legitimate discussion for us this offseason. Here is a question I have for everyone:

What package is the absolute MOST you’d give up for him in a deal?

I think trading for Lillard could be a legitimate discussion for us this offseason. Here is a question I have for everyone:

Two unprotected picks and Sexton.

They’d say no, I’d say “okay, bye.”

Bake the ****ing cake unless there’s a serious star in their 20’s.

Would probably give 2 picks + Sexton and JC.

I know some people say he is getting old and opay a lot. But he is 2 level up compare to Don for me and will make us a contender immediatly. I will got for it.

Would probably give 2 picks + Sexton and JC.

I know some people say he is getting old and opay a lot. But he is 2 level up compare to Don for me and will make us a contender immediatly. I will got for it.
I doubt JC would want to go to Portland nor would they want him much. He's a FA this off season.

Not super convinced I’d do it but sexton/THT/Gay 2 unprotected picks, the Lakers pick, Ochai…

I’d want to offload the salary to give ourselves some cap room and keep JC. I’d prefer the picks be after this year so I have a shot at getting guys to help this core or replace parts that time out.

Dame/Lauri/Kessler add some FA flavor… KO/JC/Dunn/Tech as bench pieces… couple rookies… IDK… would have some holes… contract is rough… might not be the highest bid.

The EV on two unprotected first round picks is like one NBA player. Not a superstar, but one player who makes it past his rookie deal. Y’all are tripping if you think that’s close to a framework to a deal.

We’re back to extremely overvaluing picks. Acting like a few picks and the indispensable “roster flexibility” is going to absolutely destroy the franchise is crazy.

The Raptors should trade for him.

Raptors receive: Dame
Magic receive: FVV
Blazers receive: Suggs, Houstan, OG, 3 FRP Raptors, 1 FRP Magic

Two unprotected picks and Sexton.

They’d say no, I’d say “okay, bye.”

Bake the ****ing cake unless there’s a serious star in their 20’s.
This. Hell, I think I would even try to keep sexton and give em tht or something lol.

The EV on two unprotected first round picks is like one NBA player. Not a superstar, but one player who makes it past his rookie deal. Y’all are tripping if you think that’s close to a framework to a deal.

We’re back to extremely overvaluing picks. Acting like a few picks and the indispensable “roster flexibility” is going to absolutely destroy the franchise is crazy.
I'm not overvaluing picks I'm under valuing an old 60 million dollar per year point guard who hasnt much playoff success at all in his very long NBA career.