What's new

Dame Time

This league stopped functioning on logic years ago. In what world should Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, and a few really ****** draft picks net you Dame Lillard?

Not that Utah would want to, but they could easily destroy that Miami offer on draft picks alone- while still holding on to a few.

Super loyal? He is always super passive aggressive and the blazers always bend to his wishes. Last season they were able to snag an all star caliber player in Grant for him but they still weren't good enough because Lillard is simply not good enough. The blazers finally do the right thing and keep Scoot who should be a really good player immediately and he loses his ****. This era of the nba is so annoying because these stars act like they are entitled to win championships and the second a team does what is in the best interest long term instead of wrecklessly go all in immediately they lose there ****.
Karl Malone did the same thing a good number of off-seasons.

We have so many assets. Whats the point in having them if we don't use them?With the current market... I would not be suprised if Lillard is traded for much less thatn Rudy or Don.
Ainge is saving them for a top 10 player under 30 years old.

I mean all we’d have to do to beat Miami’s offer is:

Sexton, KO, THT and three firsts

If they don’t want Sexton’s salary we can include Clarkson instead. If they want a young player we take off a pick.
I’d do that in a heart beat. If it doesn’t work out or Luka becomes available, I think Dame is probably still going to get us some value we could send in another deal

I mean all we’d have to do to beat Miami’s offer is:

Sexton, KO, THT and three firsts

If they don’t want Sexton’s salary we can include Clarkson instead. If they want a young player we take off a pick.
I think that’s a fair trade for both based on his age and would really speed up our timeline. I think I’d do it. It still leaves us with a bounty of picks as well for the future.

lol at those of you who think Dame requested a trade to join a team on the rise but nowhere near contention by adding him.
He wants to go to those big markets so he can get more payouts in endorsements and remain in the all star convo for the rest of his contract. He is not really going to get that and have a chance to win in Utah. Not unless we made a lot of other win now moves.
Just outbidding Miami is stupid thinking eh smh why am I not surpised that is your take

I would send them Sexton for herro
The past few offseasons some teams thought it was a good idea to pay small scoring guards in excess of $30 mil per season. Under the new CBA most teams are not as willing to pay Jordan Poole, Simons, Rozier, or Herro on bloated contracts. We saw most of those type guards either opt in before FA or get severely less than expected (DLo). The Heat were playing better without Herro in the playoffs.

Ainge made the call to take the risk on John Collins' contract. My hunch is they won't be taking on another risky contract such as Herro. If at all possible they should try to keep as much financial flexibility as possible.

The past few offseasons some teams thought it was a good idea to pay small scoring guards in excess of $30 mil per season. Under the new CBA most teams are not as willing to pay Jordan Poole, Simons, Rozier, or Herro on bloated contracts. We saw most of those type guards either opt in before FA or get severely less than expected (DLo). The Heat were playing better without Herro in the playoffs.

Ainge made the call to take the risk on John Collins' contract. My hunch is they won't be taking on another risky contract such as Herro. If at all possible they should try to keep as much financial flexibility as possible.

I mean FVV just got 43.3M a year lol.