What's new

Dame Time

Kevin Durant is 34 going on 35 and just got traded for a haul, Rudy is a deeply flawed player and just got traded for a haul as well and he's 30.

If Dame wants to get traded I can almost guarantee that the Blazers are going to work with him to send him somewhere that he wants to be. The Nets just took less for Durant from Memphis to send him to his preferred destination.

Brooklyn did not take less. What was Memphis offering?

Kevin Durant is 34 going on 35 and just got traded for a haul, Rudy is a deeply flawed player and just got traded for a haul as well and he's 30.

If Dame wants to get traded I can almost guarantee that the Blazers are going to work with him to send him somewhere that he wants to be. The Nets just took less for Durant from Memphis to send him to his preferred destination.
That destination is likely Utah. I'm not sure the Nets DID take less. Bridges is probably worth 3 FRPs (maybe not all unprotected) on his own.

That would have been good for them. I wonder what they were sending back in Salary.
They have no bad salary. It was 4 picks they offered. One would have been the GS pick they own I'm sure. Nets can wait on that deal... it will be there later. They also don't have incentive to suck as Houston owns their picks.

That destination is likely Utah. I'm not sure the Nets DID take less. Bridges is probably worth 3 FRPs (maybe not all unprotected) on his own.
Why would he want to land in another small market in the West that isn't close to contention? Teams like Boston, Miami, Philadelphia, etc. would give him a way better chance to win now.

Memphis apparently offered them every single pick that they had and any collection of players on their roster outside of Ja, JJJ, and Bane.

Brooklyn did not take less. What was Memphis offering?
According to SI: 2023 1st, 2024 1st (via GS), 2025 1st, 2027 1st, 2029 1st / pick swaps in 2024, 2026, 2028
Plus I'm assuming Ziaire Williams, Brandon Clarke, Dillon Brooks and other filler.

According to SI: 2023 1st, 2024 1st (via GS), 2025 1st, 2027 1st, 2029 1st / pick swaps in 2024, 2026, 2028
Plus I'm assuming Ziaire Williams, Brandon Clarke, Dillon Brooks and other filler.
I'm going to take that with a grain of salt, but those first 3 picks kinda suck.

Why would he want to land in another small market in the West that isn't close to contention? Teams like Boston, Miami, Philadelphia, etc. would give him a way better chance to win now.

Memphis apparently offered them every single pick that they had and any collection of players on their roster outside of Ja, JJJ, and Bane.
Because he has literally said if he wasn’t in Portland he’d want to go here.

How exactly is that a better offer? I also heard they didn’t get all of the pick swaps from Phoenix because of their future picks owed to Houston.

Because he has said he wants to play here and Boston, Philly, and Miami don't have the assets to land him. I would assume that if the Jazz traded for Dame they would be serious buyers for other pieces. It is not like the West is full of Titans. Moving to Denver's level with Kessler, Dame, and Lauri already in hand shouldn't be that difficult.

Because he has said he wants to play here and Boston, Philly, and Miami don't have the assets to land him. I would assume that if the Jazz traded for Dame they would be serious buyers for other pieces. It is not like the West is full of Titans. Moving to Denver's level with Kessler, Dame, and Lauri already in hand shouldn't be that difficult.
I don't think he loves the SLC market so much that he'd leave Portland to come here and not contend, if he asks out he's going to be seeking a championship level situation, just like every other superstar player that has asked out.

If we're serious buyers for other pieces are we just going to gut all of our draft assets to chase a championship with Dame/Lauri?

Boston could offer Smart, Williams, and draft picks. What can we offer that's better than that?

The Raptors could offer some combination of FVV / GTJ / OG + draft picks, for fun lets just say they gave up FVV / OG and draft picks for him.

Dame - GTJ - Barnes - Siakam - Poeltl

That's infinitely closer to contention than any roster we could realistically put together.