What's new

Danny Ainge main host of first congressional fundraiser for son Tanner

Either way I hope John Curtis wins. He was a fantastic mayor.

But yes it might hurt his name if Hayward leaves but I doubt it's really an influence on the election. Although never underestimate voters ability to do dumb things like not voting for someone because their dad did his job in sports and did it well.

Ainge went to BYU, therefore god is smiling down on him, therefore god has given Ainge's sperm special powers and godliness, therefore he can do no wrong and the masses should vote for him.

It may seem petty, but if i was still a Utah resident and was voting, and Hayward ends up in Boston, Tanner wouldn’t be getting my vote lol.
Like i said petty and really shouldn’t effect the outcome. But I could see a few voters being swayed buy what happens with Hayward’s decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ainge went to BYU, therefore god is smiling down on him, therefore god has given Ainge's sperm special powers and godliness, therefore he can do no wrong and the masses should vote for him.

Didn't even have to look at the username to know who posted this.

Either way I hope John Curtis wins. He was a fantastic mayor.

But yes it might hurt his name if Hayward leaves but I doubt it's really an influence on the election. Although never underestimate voters ability to do dumb things like not voting for someone because their dad did his job in sports and did it well.

I don't think it should even matter if Hayward goes to Boston or stays in SLC. Any true Jazz fan will vote against the son for his father's nerve of trying to stick his hand in our cookie jar.

#RAingeElsewhere

What is wrong with you?

Ainge shouldn't even have an open seat to run for. Mia Love is plenty of representation for a county that does not even have enough population to demand one House seat.

Salt lake county should have 1 congressional district that is wholly within its boundaries, as should any other county that reaches the population required for representation in the US House of Representatives. Salt Lake County should only have to split the portion of its population that is beyond 1/4 of the states population necessary for a seat.

The legislature does a lot of things that get on my nerves but none more so than this. The current map is a subversion of democracy. That's not hyperbolic.

Salt Lake County is more than 1/4 of the states population. 1/4 of the population is what is required for a seat. Salt Lake County is without representation in the US House. Salt Lake County is the most populous county (1.1m) by far. The next most populous is Utah county(590k).[by the 2020 census it is likely that around 800k will ne required per seat in Utah]

I should be voting with my neighbors. WVC, South Salt Lake, Taylorsville, should be in my district. Hurricane, Eureka, Eagle Mountain,and Delta should not be.

Further by splitting southern Utah they have diminished their vote as well.

Utah_Congressional_Districts_Map.PNG

I think it's a tongue in cheek reference to the Mormonism/sheeple side of the story.

I could be wrong though

Yeah, I think it's more likely that Green was dropped on his head a dozen times when he was a kid, and suffers from multiple concussion syndrome. That would explain the bulk of his posting.

I live in the Chaffetz district, and all things being equal (seriously, there will be no diff between these three clones/clowns) why would I vote for Ainge?

I live in the Chaffetz district, and all things being equal (seriously, there will be no diff between these three clones/clowns) why would I vote for Ainge?

You could go check these guys out(If your more of a Bob Bennett and less of a Mike Lee kinda person)

https://unitedutah.org
Meet the Candidate Event
When Wed, June 28, 5pm – 7pm
Where Pioneer Book, 450 W Center Street, Provo, UT

I think there will be a big difference between them. As mayor in Provo, Curtis was solid. He is a conservative LDS guy but he focused on economics and business. Those are the main focus of his platform. He was very supportive of Provo pride and attended it. He was very supportive of other groups in Provo as mayor. He was also very transparent with his decisions and listened to his constituents. As someone who is more liberal and a non Mormon living in Provo (don't anymore) I was very impressed with him. Much more impressed with him than my current mayor in SLC.

I think there will be a big difference between them. As mayor in Provo, Curtis was solid. He is a conservative LDS guy but he focused on economics and business. Those are the main focus of his platform. He was very supportive of Provo pride and attended it. He was very supportive of other groups in Provo as mayor. He was also very transparent with his decisions and listened to his constituents. As someone who is more liberal and a non Mormon living in Provo (don't anymore) I was very impressed with him. Much more impressed with him than my current mayor in SLC.

I read quotes from a "meet the candidates" event a few weeks back and was impressed that Curtis said he didn't vote for Trump. He said he wrote in the name of a friend instead. All the other candidates said that they voted for Trump. So Curtis has my vote so far for that fact alone.

I read quotes from a "meet the candidates" event a few weeks back and was impressed that Curtis said he didn't vote for Trump. He said he wrote in the name of a friend instead. All the other candidates said that they voted for Trump. So Curtis has my vote so far for that fact alone.

I too am impressed with Curtis.

Herrod seems like your run of the mill tea party guy. Obviously, the ridiculously caucus delegates love him. But he's only attractive to the far right. Did you hear about his photoshop scandal?

And Ainge doesn't seem to have a clue. His speeches and all of his op-eds remind me of Mia Love. I don't think he understands politics nor has a vision for accomplishing anything in Washington.