What's new

Dante Exum Averages .2 Steals Per Game

Brutal Rubio play is still better than anything Exum provides. Even when Rubios shots are not falling at least he gets offense going. Exum on the other hand ****s everything.
Seriously, I am almost secretly wishing that Rubio would get some minor injury so Exum would get a chance to show how badly he sucks for few weeks at least. And after we would go on 2-10 or something record maybe all these Exum homers would finally leave this site or stop preaching him as not a bust...

QS would probably start Neto.

I think they're rethinking Exum's role on this team. Maybe as a slasher at the 2. Maybe even as a defensive 3 & D at the SF position a la Robeson or Mbah a Moute.

PG is just not happening .

I think they're rethinking Exum's role on this team. Maybe as a slasher at the 2. Maybe even as a defensive 3 & D at the SF position a la Robeson or Mbah a Moute.

O'Neale is the backup guard starter, not Neeto.

Why does intent matter?

Textbook case of confusing correlation and causation.

Rubio doesn't intend to play awful, but he does. Often. I've said this many times, but I'll say it again. Exum, even when bad, isn't the reason we've lost more than we've won. We are a losing team right now because our starters are not very strong, nobody on the team has shot particularly well, and nobody on the team has played particularly well.

The point is still there and I don't see a way around it; if Exum haters want Exum gone, you should encourage Quin to play him. If he sits more times than not, we are going to have another Burks situation where he creates zero value and he takes up 10% of our cap number for almost zero value.

I have a feeling that Grayson and Niang were sent down to the Stars so that we can condense the lineup. I really hope that Thabo is also taken completely out of the rotation. Exum should play and hopefully he can build some value.

I know Rudy has had quite a few disagreements with quin. I hope rudy just says I've had enough of quin. Rudy Goes to dl and they fire quin

Exum is an irrelevant scrub. The only mistake was extending him an offer. You don't adapt your system to scrubs who can't do anything well.

Exactly Quin insist with his system since many years when we don't have sharp shooters in the roster.

No wait I think Quin objective is to fix Rubio, Crowder and Sefolosha's broken shot.

Last edited:
Exum will excel when he leaves here. I'm pretty certain of that. Lots of times, guys just need a change of scenery. And more times than not since the Sloan days, guys do better after they leave than when they were here. Just take a look at the list:

Millsap
Korver
Carroll
Koufos
Mack
CJ Miles
Trey Burke
Kanter
Burks TBD

I'm sure I'm missing somebody, but the list of guys to excel post Utah is pretty high since Sloan left. That means our coaching staff and front office didn't maximize their talents when they were here.

I know Rudy has had quite a few disagreements with quin. I hope rudy just says I've had enough of quin. Rudy Goes to dl and they fire quin

I repeat the Jazz have to keep Gobert happy otherwise I won't be surprised if he asks for a trade.

Gobert is not a player for mediocrity.

They're always thinking and rethinking every players' roll on the team.

In my opinion Quin is not a flexible coach.

It seems he wants to show his "authoriy" because he is an insecure coach.

Rubio doesn't intend to play awful, but he does.

We were discussing following defensive schemes, not some subjective notion of "playing awful". Rubio follows the team defensive scheme, even with his liabilities.

The point is still there and I don't see a way around it; if Exum haters want Exum gone, you should encourage Quin to play him.

1) I don't care if he is traded or not.
2) Since playing him will not increase his trade value, your syllogism fails.

If he sits more times than not, we are going to have another Burks situation where he creates zero value and he takes up 10% of our cap number for almost zero value.

Sometimes that happens. It's still Snyder's job to win games, not maximize trade values (and even then, playing Exum does not improve his trade value).