What's new

DANTE TRADED TO CAVS

- Clarkson is an NBA basketball player and can win you a couple games here and there; he's for sure better than what Mudiay has shown thus far
- Jazz get rid of Exum's next season's 10M, which is a very good thing since we NEED this money.
- 2 second rounders is a decent cost to fix a certainly bad move by DL

I wouldn't call him smart. All I remember is shoddy shot selection.

But with the progression Mudiay has shown may be Quin can mold Clarkson into a better player. If it doesn't work he expires and that's great!

Also Mudiay has been playing more with the starters so they don't have to share the floor. Even if they do, Clarkson can play off ball. No worries there.

I think he plays smart/efficient. He's been consistent throughout his career, takes care of the basketball and definitely isn't a chucker.

This is a decent trade. Clarkson can score and we need that. He is also expiring so if it doesn't work we can trade him at the deadline or just let him go at the end of the year. If it works we have his bird rights. I'm wondering if Exum has been requesting a trade behind closed doors.

Yup totally my thoughts

What I'm confused about is why the f*** do we want Clarkson? Redundant score first guard. We already have Mudiay. Our bench defense is about to get even worse. He's a poor defender just like Mudiay, Niang and (sometimes) Green. He doesn't rebound, just like Niang and Green. He's a low assist guy just like Mudiay, Niang and Green. He's a low deflection/block/steal guy just like Mudiay, Niang and Green.

Ay yi yi. Not a fan. A move needed to be made but I'm not sure this was it.
Maybe this was the best they could do. Obviously, Dante wasn't in the Jazz's future plans. I think something happened in preseason that caused this.

I was low-key going to suggest this trade a few days ago, but then I laughed at getting Clarkson because I legit think he sucks.

But I think a volume scorer is a net positive for the Jazz's bench unit, if he plays.

I recommended this trade a couple months ago but then looked up Clarkson’s stats. They’re bad. That said, maybe he’s just never had a good coach and Quin can get a little more out of him.

How does this affect our ability to use the full MLE this summer?

This is a decent trade. Clarkson can score and we need that. He is also expiring so if it doesn't work we can trade him at the deadline or just let him go at the end of the year. If it works we have his bird rights. I'm wondering if Exum has been requesting a trade behind closed doors.
I'm guessing this split is pretty mutual and both are happy.

Dante makes sense for the Cavs because they weren't going to re-sign Clarkson. They get a young player for 2 years to see what they can make of him. They also get 2 more picks for their rebuild. Dante also provides skills that Sexton and Garland don't possess ~ size, defense and positional versatility.