What's new

DANTE TRADED TO CAVS

He shot around 44% the three years he was there. Most chuckers don't shoot 44% as a PG. Dude has a better FG% than Conley and Rubio.
and Donovan and exact same as Ingles career for both .444...he and Exum's first NBA season was 2014-2015: Clarkson has scored 6044 career points, Dante 1231...yeah he was hurt but that doesn't change the statistic...

Kind of a depressing thought

Not referring to your comment but rather the real plus-minus, I just don't get the Debbie Downers on this deal. This is the greatest Christmas gift for a Jazz fan we could possibly hope for. Two seconds, an expiring deal, it's a no-lose proposition. Truth is though, we're going to want to resign this kid cause he's a thoroughbred not a Clydesdale like half our team. I mean unless of course it's just too much of a culture clash (SLC not the Jazz).

Ingles has been playing PG in Quin's shared offense. Conley may not be shooting well but he is still the best Pg on the roster.

He might have some real competition for that role now. Truthfully though, I think Conley may have had some nagging hammy problems that contributed to his inconsistent play this year.

Last edited:
I try not to bag on Jazz players while they are here, but no he is gone so....Dante was a mistake that should never have happened. Inconceivable a team would tank a whole dang season for a guy with so little skill. I didn't like the player or the fit from the start. If they couldn't trade back or trade out they would have been better off saying "Pass" when it was their turn to pick at #5 and taken Clarkson in the 2nd round.

I try not to bag on Jazz players while they are here, but no he is gone so....Dante was a mistake that should never have happened. Inconceivable a team would tank a whole dang season for a guy with so little skill. I didn't like the player or the fit from the start. If they couldn't trade back or trade out they would have been better off saying "Pass" when it was their turn to pick at #5 and taken Clarkson in the 2nd round.

He was just waaay too raw and unpolished. Then the injuries just compounded things. I wanted us to take Julius Randle after his finals NCAA performance in that draft. I'm sure it would have been a slam dunk if he didn't need to have a screw put in his foot.

I try not to bag on Jazz players while they are here, but no he is gone so....Dante was a mistake that should never have happened. Inconceivable a team would tank a whole dang season for a guy with so little skill. I didn't like the player or the fit fromthe start. If they couldn't trade back or trade out they would have been better off saying "Pass" when it was their turn to pick at #5 and taken Clarkson in the 2nd round.
Remember Jarnell Stokes the guy we drafted and then quickly traded? Stokes was taken 11 spots higher than Jordan.