What's new

DANTE TRADED TO CAVS

Who’s getting traded to Cleveland next year?

Jazz liked Clarkson in the 2014 draft. I suspected their plan was Gordon at #5, someone at 23 and Clarkson in the second.

What I'm confused about is why the f*** do we want Clarkson? Redundant score first guard. We already have Mudiay. Our bench defense is about to get even worse. He's a poor defender just like Mudiay, Niang and (sometimes) Green. He doesn't rebound, just like Niang and Green. He's a low assist guy just like Mudiay, Niang and Green. He's a low deflection/block/steal guy just like Mudiay, Niang and Green.

Ay yi yi. Not a fan. A move needed to be made but I'm not sure this was it.

Its Dante Exum. A 10m a year lump of coal

What I'm confused about is why the f*** do we want Clarkson? Redundant score first guard. We already have Mudiay. Our bench defense is about to get even worse. He's a poor defender just like Mudiay, Niang and (sometimes) Green. He doesn't rebound, just like Niang and Green. He's a low assist guy just like Mudiay, Niang and Green. He's a low deflection/block/steal guy just like Mudiay, Niang and Green.

Ay yi yi. Not a fan. A move needed to be made but I'm not sure this was it.

Answer is in your first sentence. Score first. We need scoring badly off the bench.

Doesn’t move the needle a ton, but he just scored 33 in his last game. Any scoring we can add to the bench for exum’s non existence is a positive at this point.

Possible bench scoring punch, but I won’t have any expectations.

Dumping that Exum salary for an expiring is awesome though. He’ll get playtime now, let’s see how he does.

Clarkson is an inefficient scorer with dubious defensive prowess ?? Seems not what we’d want. And now Cleveland have three project “point guards” ?? Odd

My guess is Dante’s management quietly demanded a trade and we thought at least this dude can score.

This is a decent trade. Clarkson can score and we need that. He is also expiring so if it doesn't work we can trade him at the deadline or just let him go at the end of the year. If it works we have his bird rights. I'm wondering if Exum has been requesting a trade behind closed doors.

I am a Clarkson fan. Watched him a lot in L.A. Smart player who plays hard and seems like he'd be a good teammate.
I wouldn't call him smart. All I remember is shoddy shot selection.

But with the progression Mudiay has shown may be Quin can mold Clarkson into a better player. If it doesn't work he expires and that's great!

Also Mudiay has been playing more with the starters so they don't have to share the floor. Even if they do, Clarkson can play off ball. No worries there.

This is a decent trade. Clarkson can score and we need that. He is also expiring so if it doesn't work we can trade him at the deadline or just let him go at the end of the year. If it works we have his bird rights. I'm wondering if Exum has been requesting a trade behind closed doors.

Don't give a damn about Exum or his demands. Just glad he's not our problem to fix anymore.

Clarkson is an inefficient scorer with dubious defensive prowess ?? Seems not what we’d want. And now Cleveland have three project “point guards” ?? Odd

My guess is Dante’s management quietly demanded a trade and we thought at least this dude can score.

Sadly, Dante is a reclamation project now.