What's new

Darft Jimmer Fredette.

Jimmer Fredette is not going to be an NBA rotation player.

Wrong.

The bench needs warming. Try not rotating these guys. The bench will be partially warm in some places, and less warm in others.

Jimmer definitely has a place among white boys who can score big in college, and are great at wiping up sweat in the pros.

Please expound.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but since you use the word idiot, I think it's fair to ask for your opinion on the difference between these two players.

Thanks.:eek:

JJ is a spot up shooter. Jimmer is a scorer. There's a huge difference.

Also, where are the haters after scoring 43 on the #4 team in the country? This kid is special, its not just about combine stats people.

JJ is a spot up shooter. Jimmer is a scorer. There's a huge difference.

Also, where are the haters after scoring 43 on the #4 team in the country? This kid is special, its not just about combine stats people.

I remember people said a lot of the same things about Morrison. He was not just a good shooter, he was a scorer.

The first thing that you notice about Morrison is his ability to score. He understands how to create his own shot better than anybody we've seen at the college level in years. Not only does utilize contact and spacing better than any player in the country, he has also mastered the art of the contested jumpshot. If he is able to get a step going toward the basket, the defense might as well give up. He is going to get a shot off, and whether or not it goes in has little to do with a hand in his face.

From DraftExpress.com https://www.draftexpress.com/article/Adam-Morrison-NBA-Draft-Scouting-Report-2790/#ixzz1CEzSjChU

Who knows if he can be a good pro or not but I was extremely impressed with his shooting ability and his ability to create his own shot. I also think he is faster than people give him credit but I certainly think he needs to learn to pass the ball more and create for his teammates if he wants to be a PG in the NBA.

I certainly think he has played well enough to be a low-mid first rounder. Last year he was considered a high second round pick. I would love it if the Jazz could get him to come off the bench and provide instant offense. The Jazz need a couple of players who can do that considering how poorly their second unit is at scoring.

i knew u mormons would want him. No disrespect to him but he is to slow to play in the nba. Jazz problems are cuz they are so unathletic but yet u guys wannna bring in anoither slug..Lmao..I hope to my god that dwill leaves the jazz so i can stop rooting for this awfully rAN TEAM

iF HE played in big 10 or big 12 or big east his stats wouldnt be that special. Face it he is playing against lesser comp ala adam morrison and matt bouldin at gonzaga

i knew u mormons would want him. No disrespect to him but he is to slow to play in the nba. Jazz problems are cuz they are so unathletic but yet u guys wannna bring in anoither slug..Lmao..I hope to my god that dwill leaves the jazz so i can stop rooting for this awfully rAN TEAM

Feel free to move on whenever you like. We get vocal about wanting changes to be made, but in the end we are still Jazz Fanz and the vast majority of us are in it for the long haul. You obviously are not. You may now delete your account.

Jimmer is starting to sway me a bit. His crossover is really good and he can really drive the ball. I dont know if he will translate to the NBA because of his size but he is such a great player. Its too bad he didnt have more of a SG type body. He could probably do well in like a Lakers or Miami type offense/team where the Guards run the offense.

Saw Jimmer in person last night, the dude is a baller, he can shoot with the best of them. I think the success of his NBA career is going to be determined by a few things, the team that drafts him, and his passing ability. While technically he has been playing point guard, he's really a scoring point guard now, which is fine, but I think he hasn't been known as a GREAT passer (that's not what he is being asked to do at BYU) but he will have to be a great passer to excel in the NBA. I don't want to compare him to Nash, but at his height, I think to have a career like Nash has had would be absolute best case scenario for him.

If he can get on a team like that likes to run, if he could do what Dragic has done by coming off the bench backing up Steve Nash, running, scoring, I think he could get some cred in the NBA and move into a starting spot later in his career.

If JJ Barea has a place in the NBA, so does Jimmer. In fact, I would put my money on it that Jimmer could eat JJ's pudding. I'm also sick of hearing that Jimmer won't do anything in the NBA. How the **** do people know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXKQfbnSRjc

I don't think Jimmer would be a bad addition at all, as long as we didn't waste too high of a draft pick on him. Although the Jazz could stand to be more athletic, I don't think that is as big of an issue for the current roster. The more immediate issues are our lack of perimeter shooting on the wings and that we don't have enough players that can create their own shot. Jimmer would help in both of those areas off the bench.

iF HE played in big 10 or big 12 or big east his stats wouldnt be that special. Face it he is playing against lesser comp ala adam morrison and matt bouldin at gonzaga

You are a ****ing moron, imbecile, pong-mongler, tard-nuckle, crusty underwear wearing, polygamous back handing, rude dude, Pee-Wee Herman movie buddy, rant-party ruiner, midget scab eating son of a beeotch.

You are a ****ing moron, imbecile, pong-mongler, tard-nuckle, crusty underwear wearing, polygamous back handing, rude dude, Pee-Wee Herman movie buddy, rant-party ruiner, midget scab eating son of a beeotch.

Franklin wants his thesaurus back.

I don't think Jimmer would be a bad addition at all, as long as we didn't waste too high of a draft pick on him. Although the Jazz could stand to be more athletic, I don't think that is as big of an issue for the current roster. The more immediate issues are our lack of perimeter shooting on the wings and that we don't have enough players that can create their own shot. Jimmer would help in both of those areas off the bench.

Unless we miss the playoffs or trade for him/draft pick not going to get him. Dont think there is much doubt he will go in the 1st round now. Ford says some scouts are talking about late lottery now.

Hyper athleticism is not always required to be successful... especially if you have a fantastic shooting touch... see manu ginobli... the problem with the jazz is they have nobody with jimmers shooting touch and range. Not a single person.

BYU is #1 in the country in RPI right now. Your argument that "he plays against lesser opponents" is absolute BS. He just dropped 43 on the #4 team in the country.