What's new

Game Thread Dec 12, 2020: Jazz vs. Suns (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 12-12-20

Uh welcome back @Game Threads I've really missed you. Very efficient as usual :cool:

Btw the injury report

Shaq's broken hand is the non-shooting hand as we've already known.
Royce and Conley have to rest because they have been exposed to Covid, but I'm not 100% sure of that.
Bojan seems available, so that's great.

Finally I'm really curious about Favs, Hughes and especially Dok...

Everyone needs to remember it is a preseason game so hopeful won't go nuts either way. I expect a lot of guys to play and different combos to be used. I am excited to see Jazz basketball regardless.

It's crazy how close we are to the regular season. It's going to be interested with teams having such a short turnaround.
I honestly believe that the additional year of continuity of guys like Bogey, Conley, and Clarkson will going to really help. Our one free agent signing is also familiar with the system so there really won't be any new adjustments; I guess, Shaq, but we shall see.

I’m going to be really pissed if/when Donovan or Rudy miss time for COVID exposure.

Well, it's good to have basketball back. Interested to see the young players from last year, and the new rookies.

I could care less about anything else. This season is already set. 1st or 2nd round exit, but lots of fun and warm hugs on the ride.

Here is a dumb question: Is the NBA going to allow a semi-official reserve squad and look the other way? I noticed the Seahawks have something like 8 QBs either on their roster or just hanging out so that if COVID wipes out the regular QB contingent they have someone off the street that would pass the COVID protocol. I also noticed something like 12 NBA teams opted out of the GLeague bubble. The Stars are playing. This would equate to something like 120 players. These guys have to go somewhere.

Odds on a NWG sighting tonight, as Conley and Harrison are out?
Maybe. It depends on how much the Jazz need this game to work a few lineup combinations. I could see NWG getting time with Brantley, Hughes and Udoka at the end of the game though.