What's new

Deron/Mitchell

Better Jazz legacy?

• Deron

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • Donovan

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
This is actually really hard. Deron was the better player in his prime. He made multiple All-NBA teams. Donovan did help us rise from one of our lowest points as a fan base.

I know this isn't the most objective criteria, but the most lasting memories for me are what happens in the clutch. And the contrast between the two of them in clutch situations swings it hard in favor of Deron.
Agreed. The Deron/Boozer/Memo years were really fun at their peak. This teams peak consisted of drama and underachievement. I at least feel like the Deron led teams reached their full potential given the landscape. All this team did the past 3 years was have a drama cloud hanging over it and underachieving every time they got a chance.

Well you said it weird.
My point is, Derons NBA career is defined by two things. 1-His time in a Jazz uniform, that’s the good legacy within his NBA career, and 2-How quickly his career disappeared after leaving Utah. Deron Williams will always be most associated with the Utah Jazz.

My point is, Derons NBA career is defined by two things. 1-His time in a Jazz uniform, that’s the good legacy within his NBA career, and 2-How quickly his career disappeared after leaving Utah. Deron Williams will always be most associated with the Utah Jazz.
There are people who have criticized Mitchell for not spending time in the offseason in Utah and not participating in things like attending summer league. So I honestly wondered, based on your reputation, if that's what you were talking about.

Deron let us past the 2nd round getting us to the WCF.

Even though that 2007 Lakers series ended in 6, I felt like we could have gone the distance that year. I've never felt that way with Don's teams

Deron was clearly the best player on that Jazz team.

Don's supporting cast >> Deron's

Deron elevated his teammates (made scrubs like Brewer/Harpring look like solid NBA starters)

Deron was mutch more clutch

There are people who have criticized Mitchell for not spending time in the offseason in Utah and not participating in things like attending summer league. So I honestly wondered, based on your reputation, if that's what you were talking about.
Not in this instance. I think that makes you a bad leader, and face of a franchise, but I don’t think that impacts basketball legacy. It does impact overall legacy in a place I guess. Like, guys like Giannis and Dame mean as much to their cities as people as players, but that’s not what I’m taking into account here at all.