What's new

Top 10 Best Jazz Players of All Time - Final Round!! **VOTE NOW**

Vote on your TOP 10...yes you may select exactly TEN PLAYERS!!!..or less if you can't decide I guess

• Total voters

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Here it is, the final round.

WE NEED YOUR VOTES!! THIS POLL WILL STAY OPEN UNTIL THIS COMING WEEKEND, TO GET AS MANY VOTES AS POSSIBLE. GET YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR ALTS AND YOUR ENEMIES AND YOUR FRENEMIES (LOOKING AT YOU @LoPo AND @Saint Cy of JFC ) TO VOTE!!! LET'S GET TO 100 VOTERS JAZZFANZ!!!!

@Jason OR SOME OTHER MOD PLEASE STICKY!!!

Here are the final round participants, in alphabetical order. By definition, these are the top 20 Jazz players of all time!:

1657721168425.png

Here are some observations from the second round of voting.

First, 2 people improved their position from the first round of voting to the 2nd round. Here they are, with their position in the first round vs the second round (note this not their number of votes, but rather where they ranked after the voting in each round):

Jeff Malone (#26 - #18)
Truck Robinson (#27 - #20)

To go along with that, there were several who placed higher in Impact Score who fell out of the top 20 in the 2nd round vote. Here they are with their impact score and their 2nd round voting ranking (out of 30):

Al Jefferson (28.7 - #23)
Bojan Bogdanovic (21.4 - #27)
Donyell Marshall (20.8 - #29)
Mike Conley (20.7 - $24)
Jordan Clarkson (20.2 - #22)

They were replaced by these guys, who all had lower impact scores, but higher ranking in the 2nd round voting:

Thurl Bailey (18.8 - #19)
Paul Millsap (18.5 - #13)
Derrick Favors (17.9 - #14)
Mark Eaton (13.9 - #8)
Joe Ingles (13.2 - #16)

So the nostalgia effect is strong here. But of course a player is not just his stats on the court, there are many reasons why we would pick one player over another, including longevity and impact on culture, among others. Largely I agree with the swaps. I am sure most others do too since the voting proved that out.

Lastly, here is the full group that got eliminated in the final round, followed by the entire ranking of the 2nd round of voting:

1657720866282.png

This is the complete list for the 2nd round rankings, in 2nd round rank order. Sorry if it is kind of small, but I didn't like the table format on the last poll:

1657720926314.png

Attachments

• 1657720052319.png
    1657720052319.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 9
Man I feel like I have to leave one of my favorite all-time Jazz men off this list....Joe Ingles. Breaks my heart! Someone convince me he belongs there above like AK or Boozer or Hayward.

Edit: maybe over Hayward just for the sake of loyalty.

Man I feel like I have to leave one of my favorite all-time Jazz men off this list....Joe Ingles. Breaks my heart! Someone convince me he belongs there above like AK or Boozer or Hayward.

Edit: maybe over Hayward just for the sake of loyalty.

He doesn’t.

15 voters so far and Stockton only has 14 votes? Wow. Just. Wow.

Deron freaking Williams has 15 votes. One more than Stockton? Wow.

The others with 15 at this point are Karl Malone and Rudy Gobert.

It's hard for me to rank dudes like Griffith and Dantley because I never actually watched them, they were stat monsters, but really had very little post-season success.

I guess this is how people who will be my age will feel 30 years from now when they look at the Gobert/Mitchell stats and see they never got out of the 2nd round.

And IDK, I just hate ranking Maravich.

He played 1 year in Utah and never even made the playoffs with the Jazz franchise.

And IDK, I just hate ranking Maravich.

He played 1 year in Utah and never even made the playoffs with the Jazz franchise.
Well it is meant to be best Jazz players, not just Utah Jazz. Tough to argue that Griffith was better than Maravich.

bump

Where is a mod to sticky this?

Didn't vote the a$$hole traitor son of a worm.... you know whom; dude ended up being sick detrimental to the franchise.
Put TR in his place to add historical continuity stuff with a guy that probably had his better days with the Jazz.

To think if Gordon Hayward had stayed he would likely be in the top 5 of this thing by now. And we would have had an excellent chance at at championship. Mitchell/Hayward/Gobert is a pretty strong big 3.