What's new

Deron Williams talks about Gordon Hayward & the Jazz

From what I remember when Hayward was a rookie. Mid-late December we were tied with Dallas for 2nd in the west and somehow in the next 5-6 weeks were out of the playoffs, Sloan retired and D-Will is traded. Seems like that December was the lat time we saw Memo in a jazz uniform also. I still think letting Mathews go to the blazers months before that was the first domino. I feel like it pissed D-will off.

It's crazy to look back at that month and see how quickly the Jazz went from a strong team in the west to utter garbage, I really thought that int he 2010-2011 season we were gonna make some noise in the playoffs

Saw deron at a nightclub one time back in the day. Seemed like a dickhead.
Didn't like how things went down with Sloan and d will.

Having said that I never boo him (or cheer him) and I would like to have him come off the bench for the jazz.

Deron Williams on Gordon Hayward, the only Utah player remaining from his Jazz tenure: "I knew he was going to be really good, just [because of] the IQ he had and the confidence he had early on. But he's probably an All-Star this year. He's definitely developed into a go-to player and a No. 1 option for a playoff team, which says a lot."
https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0601566663204150492-4

Deron Williams on the Jazz: "Man, they've put a solid group together. They definitely went through some rebuilding years, kind of collecting assets and draft picks. They definitely have an identity now. They have a great mix of youth and then experience, adding Joe [Johnson] and Boris [Diaw] and George Hill, guys like that to complement the young guys they have. They're a really solid team – tough defensively, really patient offensively and get good shots and know how to play the game the right way."
https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0601508458809793117-4

I like DWill. I think it is time for the DWill hatred to stop. He made some mistakes, admitted to them, has grown up. Kid was twenty something. And he had some good points about the Jazz not keeping up with the NBA innovations and remaining Sloan old-school.

It makes me so mad people are going to boo Dwill again. Hope he gets some cheers.

Yo I watched the game last night an I was like damn bruh we boo Kanter ever time he touches the ball but we can not applaud DWill during intro? Bro has been solid to Utah fans solid to J-SLO solid demeanor keeps a home here. Bro, I would cheer him making a game tying three an then yell to him HAYWARD IS YOUR BITCH LOOKOUT.

Yo I watched the game last night an I was like damn bruh we boo Kanter ever time he touches the ball but we can not applaud DWill during intro? Bro has been solid to Utah fans solid to J-SLO solid demeanor keeps a home here. Bro, I would cheer him making a game tying three an then yell to him HAYWARD IS YOUR BITCH LOOKOUT.

I dunno man. I mean I love Dwill he is one of my favorite players but you just don't cheer for the opposition. Maybe only in his retirement game. Or maybe if he makes a donation to the local hospital or smth.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz