What's new

Deron Williams talks about Gordon Hayward & the Jazz

ok, maybe i misremembered. Still a bitch *** move by Deron. I'm really tired of your personal attacks and profanity directed at me. Posts will be reported from now on.

To be fair, you've consistently been a complete dumbass on this subject. Instead of getting mad about people pointing out that you're a dumbass, maybe just stop and think about what people are saying, and then maybe you can grow up and change like D-Will has. You could learn a lot from him.;)

That would be embarrassing. You don't cheer the other teams players, even if they were on your team.

I do not agree. You show appreciation for players who were something special for your team at one point. Deron was thrown under the bus for Sloan quitting on the team, and IMO, unfairly so for the most part. Since then, he has never had anything but positive things to say about the organization and the fans, despite so many people trashing him.

Time to let bygones be bygones, and show some appreciation for what the guy gave while he played for our team, rather than holding a damn grudge for the rest of our lives.

Honestly, some fans kind of deserve the Kanters and Trey Burks, when they hold on to so much hate. If nothing else, I'll always appreciate the fact Deron never tried to force a trade, during a period when everyone else in similar positions were doing so. Deron could have easily taken the easy way out, like Melo, CP3 and Howard, who were demanding trades, and instead showed loyalty to a team in Utah.

I just want to hear his rationale for insulting someone with profanity then turning around directly after the fact and crying about being insulted with profanity.

It's pretty bad that you can't distinguish between the two in this particular instance.

DWill doing us such a solid with that last minute shot. Utah man 4 life

DWill doing us such a solid with that last minute shot. Utah man 4 life

Yeah, I think the booing motivated him all game to play pretty well, but I think the game long booing might have forced him into taking that shot too early.

Dwill looked like a rookie those last few seconds.

He gave us a Christmas present. Wrapped up the game and gave it to Hood. I guess I can understand the shot. He had to take it when he was open. That's just a matter of them running the play too early. But to turn around and assume the Jazz would call a timeout...that's inexcusable for a veteran.

And this was literally the first game of Gordon Hayward's career.

From what I remember when Hayward was a rookie. Mid-late December we were tied with Dallas for 2nd in the west and somehow in the next 5-6 weeks were out of the playoffs, Sloan retired and D-Will is traded. Seems like that December was the lat time we saw Memo in a jazz uniform also. I still think letting Mathews go to the blazers months before that was the first domino. I feel like it pissed D-will off.

Yeah, I think the booing motivated him all game to play pretty well, but I think the game long booing might have forced him into taking that shot too early.

Yeah, but he got a good look. Better to take a shot that you like and play 4 seconds of defense than try to run the clock down to nothing and put up one that feels rushed. Especially against a good defense like Utah. He makes that shot, Dallas is up 3 and the pressure is on the Jazz to hit a 3 to force overtime. He makes that shot, and the Jazz probably lose. Rodney pushing the ball up and winning the game will pay off dividends down the road. He knew that ball was going in the moment his feet left the ground. He could feel it. The more plays that he makes like that, and the more they'll give it to him when the game is on the line. Jazz should have blown them out, but this was the best possible outcome for the night.

Yeah, but he got a good look. Better to take a shot that you like and play 4 seconds of defense than try to run the clock down to nothing and put up one that feels rushed. Especially against a good defense like Utah. He makes that shot, Dallas is up 3 and the pressure is on the Jazz to hit a 3 to force overtime. He makes that shot, and the Jazz probably lose. Rodney pushing the ball up and winning the game will pay off dividends down the road. He knew that ball was going in the moment his feet left the ground. He could feel it. The more plays that he makes like that, and the more they'll give it to him when the game is on the line. Jazz should have blown them out, but this was the best possible outcome for the night.

Disagree unless teh shot is a layup or dunk.

That would be embarrassing. You don't cheer the other teams players, even if they were on your team. I really liked the way Booker handled himself while on the Jazz but I would not even consider cheering for him or any other player on the opponent of the Jazz.
It's the biggest reason I hate Jimmer and the idea of him on the Jazz. Listening to so called Jazz fans cheer him was pathetic. And the fans that started booing him in response was perfect.

I have no problem cheering for a former Jazz player when they are introduced. It would be classy if the Jazz did that instead of booing players because they left Utah. I also find it hypocritical when people continue to boo DW because he had a blow up with Sloan. Like he was the only Jazz player ever to have that happen. AK complained all the time and had issues with Sloan but he gets a free pass now. Sloan and DW have patched things up and DW has matured. When he was younger he let his competitiveness get the best of him. He acted like a jerk a few times but he gave his all on the court.

I don't want DW back but I appreciate his play when he was here. I don't judge him either. I don't know all the details of what went down but I don't care anymore. The Jazz organization is better off with the way everything went down because we wouldn't have this team if things stayed the same.

Disagree unless teh shot is a layup or dunk.

I agree completely. I'd go ISO and drive in that instance. Run down the clock, and get a chance at a shot, a foul or a putback. Maybe if they were behind, but not in a tied game. I just don't think it was as bad as some people make it out to be.

I have no problem cheering for a former Jazz player when they are introduced. It would be classy if the Jazz did that instead of booing players because they left Utah. I also find it hypocritical when people continue to boo DW because he had a blow up with Sloan. Like he was the only Jazz player ever to have that happen. AK complained all the time and had issues with Sloan but he gets a free pass now. Sloan and DW have patched things up and DW has matured. When he was younger he let his competitiveness get the best of him. He acted like a jerk a few times but he gave his all on the court.

I don't want DW back but I appreciate his play when he was here. I don't judge him either. I don't know all the details of what went down but I don't care anymore. The Jazz organization is better off with the way everything went down because we wouldn't have this team if things stayed the same.

I don't remember AK being a malcontent though. Maybe I'm wrong but he isn't the one that ran Sloan off. That won't change.

I think Deron realizes/regrets what he did back in 2011, his career has not been the same since. I booed D-Will for the first year but looking back it was a good move to trade him, just sucks he made Jerry quit.