What's new

Derrick Favors tweets: "Never Forget"

well. this sucks. but he has to know he was injured last 2 years and didn't play alot

I am a huge favors fan, but if he was healthy, fans would've treated him differently.

I hope he stays healthy this season.

I never wanted to dump Favors, I was frustrated with his injuries but was okay in giving him another year (this upcoming season) to remind us why we all believed in him and were excited about his future.

It is quite possible that he got frustrated and the Jazz have lost him and he's ready to bolt after next season, however he also showed he wanted to stay albeit it was his first extension. I just have never got the feeling he wanted to leave like some of you seem to be saying.

But it would bring some comfort to me that this season he has the season we all hoped for last year and than re-ups with the Jazz. In a I know there was doubt and misplaced loyalty (towards #coward) but I'm still here, I never wavered and I will continue to be here.

I wonder if it's just that #20 didn't forget that the Jazz didn't willingly extend him and made him go out on the market to determine his worth?

Favs is a sensitive dude so I think he probably felt like he was forgotten or mistreated over the past year or so. I think he got a lesson in how ruthless professional sports can be if you don't produce due to injury or otherwise.

I wonder if it's just that #20 didn't forget that the Jazz didn't willingly extend him and made him go out on the market to determine his worth?

This strategy seems to have backfired on the Jazz one too many times at this point.

well. this sucks. but he has to know he was injured last 2 years and didn't play alot

I am a huge favors fan, but if he was healthy, fans would've treated him differently.

I hope he stays healthy this season.
Yes, "never forget" how ****ty the fans treated you when you were down. You just described why he would not feel loyalty because the fans never showed it.

That's my biggest gripe with fans. So many people here have talked **** about Hayward and his game, but want to act like he owes them undying loyalty. You want that kind of loyalty then show it.

I've talked **** on Favors. I don't expect him to be head over heals about staying in Utah.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

If players feel they are worth more, they go out and shop themselves. That's what free agency is all about. Just like Porter did this year.

We're seeing DWill/Sloan/KOC/Corbin PTSD manifest itself finally.

The team has been repressing it for too long.

Too bad Rudy had to experience the blow back.

Yes, "never forget" how ****ty the fans treated you when you were down. You just described why he would not feel loyalty because the fans never showed it.

That's my biggest gripe with fans. So many people here have talked **** about Hayward and his game, but want to act like he owes them undying loyalty. You want that kind of loyalty then show it.

I've talked **** on Favors. I don't expect him to be head over heals about staying in Utah.

I think this sums it up well.

Just trade Favors. He does not fit next to Rudy.

Don't make it personal. Make it logical.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Don't buy that. If Favors is healthy, we have a defensive rim protecting duo unmatched in the NBA. He also gives us a low post offensive big unlike anyone we have -- Joe Jesus is good too but doesn't have the size that Favors has. Sure we need a stretch-4. The Jazz should go out and get Kelly Olynyk, who the Celtics apparently need to renounce now that they got Hayward. But I think Favors can be a force if he can recover from his injuries.

Favors is over the Hill. He can't get healthy and he mopes around trying to get people to feel sorry for him.
Time to trade him. Don't let another starter leave and get nothing for him. Even if it's a top 55 protected pick.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welcome to um reality. People complain about every player on every team on every message board. If that has any affect on players then no one would feel any loyalty EVER.

I think he means us Jazz fans always backed GH when he was still here and Favs always being on the trading block all the time. Now that GH is gone and he's still here... so never forget which player you backed is my take.

Favors is over the Hill. He can't get healthy and he mopes around trying to get people to feel sorry for him.
Time to trade him. Don't let another starter leave and get nothing for him. Even if it's a top 55 protected pick.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Over the hill at 25? How old are you? Don't buy that. He had no career-ending injuries.

Welcome to um reality. People complain about every player on every team on every message board. If that has any affect on players then no one would feel any loyalty EVER.
Yes, and I think that is a contributing factor to the new era of player movement (more so twitter)

I didn't mean to frame it as I expect any fan-base to be that loyal, especially ones that were losing for most of a players tenure.

We brought in Rubio and paid Ingles some pre dece coin to stick around. I wonder if we do that if we know Hayward is going to leave? It kind of changes my perception of PG and his approach. At least Indiana could forward plan appropriately. Pritchards still an idiot but they were able to do what they thought was right.

We brought in Rubio and paid Ingles some pre dece coin to stick around. I wonder if we do that if we know Hayward is going to leave? It kind of changes my perception of PG and his approach. At least Indiana could forward plan appropriately. Pritchards still an idiot but they were able to do what they thought was right.
I think we still get Rubio, but I think we probably try to play hardball with Ingles on his deal.