What's new

Derrick Williams for Alec Burks?

Al
Milsap
Favors
Kanter
Jeremy Evans
Marvin Williams

and add another pf/sf to that mix? That makes no sense to me, but the jazz management seems to be in love with the idea of creating competition on the team as much as competition against other teams so naturally they will do it.

The Jazz will probably lose Jefferson and/or Millsap at the end of the year.

BTW, Derrick Williams was DNP CD in the Wolves' first game with Kevin Love back. Yet, Dante Cunningham and Josh Howard logged legit minutes.

The Jazz will probably lose Jefferson and/or Millsap at the end of the year.

BTW, Derrick Williams was DNP CD in the Wolves' first game with Kevin Love back. Yet, Dante Cunningham and Josh Howard logged legit minutes.

No way, I thought Corbin was the only coach who did that. How can a Hall of Fame coach be so stupid to not play a player at a position he can't play?

If he could lose more weight he could play SF. But it just seems to be his body type. Frustrating. If he could get to about 220 and improve his agility from side to side than I would do the trade. But that is a BIG IF. Only somebody testing him would know.
Burks I think is a better player and but if we are going to waste his talent than might as well get something for him.

if jazz management plays for the long term, favors, derrick williams and kanter will be a nice trio and they would not need sap and big al as long as they also get a pass first pg. but right now loosing burks would be a steal for that deal. but ty wouldn't even give the guy his minutes what am I talking about? ty is obviously preparing the conditions to trade burks. and evans. not my type of coach.

No way, I thought Corbin was the only coach who did that. How can a Hall of Fame coach be so stupid to not play a player at a position he can't play?

Corbin is stupid though. He played Braille a lot last season. You know, the guy for which we can get at best a late 2nd rounder.

Looks like Brandon Roy will retire. Wolves are in much need of a guard. They also seem to be done with Williams now that they have AK.

Bringing in Williams would make Millsap and Jefferson much more expendable.

Seems like a good trade for both teams.

Thoughts?

I can see this entertained with the FO if/when they trade either Paul or Al.

Some team will probably pay Millsap to be their starting PF, maybe not a great team, but it'll be like teams that picked up Scola and David West.

I remember Cyrone, but it was more that he just wanted anyone but Kanter than he really wanted Knight, iirc.

Karl Malone believes in Burks, so I believe Karl Malone. Malone was right about Millsap and he is Karl Malone. Enough said.

That said, would I trade Burks for Marshall or Williams, possibly. Marshall could learn alot under the tutelage of Tinsely and Williams under Millsap. I think it would take an additional 1st rounder from Utah for Williams though. Marshall could probably be straight up.

I think I would rather draft Plumlee to replace Favors/Kanter's bench role (when we upgrade 1 or both of them to starters next year).