Deshaun Watson - Allegations

LogGrad98

Contributor
Good call. I think we need to require a disclaimer on all posts containing sarcasm or that are intended to be funny in nature.

(Disclaimer: This post is sarcasm and does not represent my true feelings regarding posts that contain humor, jokes, or other tom-foolery on this message board).
tenor.png

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Good call. I think we need to require a disclaimer on all posts containing sarcasm or that are intended to be funny in nature.

(Disclaimer: This post is sarcasm and does not represent my true feelings regarding posts that contain humor, jokes, or other tom-foolery on this message board).
I can’t tell if you’re teasing me or being serious.

Beer

Along the same lines as what Beer said. If it happened today it would end differently.

I've always felt, very strongly, that based on Kobe's response statement alone he is a sexual abuser. I don't even need to believe one word of what the victim claimed outside of what Kobe confirmed in his response statement. I have a hard time with all the praise and honor that has been bestowed upon him for dying in a helicopter crash.

I certainly feel for the other victims, especially the children. But Kobe? Nah. Doesn't make me happy, but it also doesn't break my heart.

That's fair, but it also at least superficially at least, Kobe was able to make changes in his life and become a different person. We'll obviously have no idea what he was like behind closed doors but if he his public persona as he got older mirrored his personal then I am inclined to believe in his redemption.

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Of the 20 something women who have filed civil lawsuits, why has only one person gone to the police? I’m not trying to cast shade, but how do you not?

One Brow

Of the 20 something women who have filed civil lawsuits, why has only one person gone to the police? I’m not trying to cast shade, but how do you not?
We were raised, and still to some degree are still raising, to make women blame themselves and doubt themselves when they are abused. While I have not experienced this personally, I can see where a person might be full of doubts that they caused the attack on them, and then they hear it happened to 2 or 3 others, and realize it wasn't them after all.