What's new

Dis-respect - Spida is taking notes (as usual).

View attachment 9982

Need to save this one for later in the season. Since we are making lists, here are things Kendrick Perkins can NOT pronounce to save his life:

Gobert
Bogdanovic
Udoka

I have a brother who was pretty good at basketball. He played Church Ball, I think. I saw him play one game.

It was at the old Dixie gym on 7th East when the parking lot was still just dirt. Can't say why Church Ball was being done there. Maybe I was just ignorant. Knew nothing about what was going on.......

But this is how I know everything. I watched him play. I saw it myself.

He plays.... better then..... like Donovan Mitchell. He has that court presence and that self confidence.

His team was whipped. I think they had maybe one quarter left, and down by 26.

Then John got the ball, and sorta mocked, real loud...... shouting for all to hear.

: "Hah!!!!!

NOW WE HAVE THEM WHERE WE WANT THEM!!!!!!!"

Then he seized the moment, drove to the basket and dunked. Then he intercepted the inbounds pass and drilled a 3. It was a sort of one-man riot.

He won the game.

So why make up stories like this? Not made up. Real life.

Donovan Mitchell is entirely capable of "liking" a thing he thinks might get to some as a lost cause. It's his way of doing the big "Hah. Now we've got them where we want them".

I'm looking forward for that being a storied "like" when we get fired up ...... hopefully, DM will light that fire...... and make that list look just stupid.

Anyone who thinks that "like" is straight up just doesn't get DM.

Perkins is stupid AF but I'd say we are looking at another 6-8 seed/first round exit finish and one Gobert trade away from potentially dropping into the lottery.
We're a 2-6 seed barring multiple significant injuries. I view a Gobert trade as EXTREMELY unlikely.

To be fair Denver is missing Will Barton and 5 games of Gary Harris, whose return made an instant impact on the series.
As would have bojan's return. But with bojan we win it in 4 or 5.

The only way that the Jazz miss the playoffs is if several key players miss significant portions of the season to injury. Simply put, our top 8 is way too damn good to miss. We have way too many good to elite lineups.
I think you should wait to see what happens with Gobert before crowing too loudly. Otherwise you could repeat the saga of crowing about Playoff Conley after the jazz take a 3-1 series lead.

I think you should wait to see what happens with Gobert before crowing too loudly. Otherwise you could repeat the saga of crowing about Playoff Conley after the jazz take a 3-1 series lead.
I was right about playoff Conley. So yeah, a repeat of being right would be awesome.

Not sure what is funny. I said the Jazz acquired Conley for the playoffs and that he would play well in the playoffs. He did.

If you want to say I was wrong about the Jazz winning the series, fine. I was.

I wasn't wrong about Conley tho.

Not sure what is funny. I said the Jazz acquired Conley for the playoffs and that he would play well in the playoffs. He did.

If you want to say I was wrong about the Jazz winning the series, fine. I was.

I wasn't wrong about Conley tho.
Conley’s playoff performance has been vastly overrated around here. Even by calm, measured posters. He was an enormous defensively liability and was one of three main reasons we lost the series. He basically gave back whatever he got.

Conley’s playoff performance has been vastly overrated around here. Even by calm, measured posters. He was an enormous defensively liability and was one of three main reasons we lost the series. He basically gave back whatever he got.
Do you have anything to back that claim up? Conley had a historically great offensive playoffs series and a really good playoff. He had the 2nd highest WS on the team, 2nd highest BPM, 2nd highest vorp, 2nd highest DBPM, 2nd highest ppp, 2nd highest TS%, highest offensive rating, highest net rating, highest assists, highest steal % and the list could go on.

Conley wasn't one of the top three reasons we lost.

He didn't guard Murray a lot. But I would guess he gave up one of the lower ppp to him of any our guys. He did have some struggles guarding at times especially switched onto much bigger guys but I don't know who you can't say that about from us in that series.

Do you have anything to back that claim up? Conley had a historically great offensive playoffs series and a really good playoff. He had the 2nd highest WS on the team, 2nd highest BPM, 2nd highest vorp, 2nd highest DBPM, 2nd highest ppp, 2nd highest TS%, highest offensive rating, highest net rating, highest assists, highest steal % and the list could go on.

Conley wasn't one of the top three reasons we lost.

He didn't guard Murray a lot. But I would guess he gave up one of the lower ppp to him of any our guys. He did have some struggles guarding at times especially switched onto much bigger guys but I don't know who you can't say that about from us in that series.
He didn’t guard Murray a lot because he was the last guy on the roster Q wanted to see on him. And so the whole defense was shifted out of position, with DM and MC guarding significantly taller players and Royce or Joe shifted down to Murray. Disaster ensued, of course.

The stats for that series are all super skewed because of the two blowout games (and Conley played in the most gruesome one), so I don’t put much stock in them.

Conley had a good offensive series. But he was the rot at the heart of the rotten defense.

I thought Conley played well in the playoffs. He did as much as he could. Unfortunately it just didn’t make the difference that O’Neale or Ingles would have it they had a good series. We lacked both on ball defense and perimeter defenders with defensive range. Conley can’t guard the ball and can’t cover a lot of ground defense, and his days of being able to do that are gone. The guy guarding the worst player is often the most important player because he’s the one who can help...but that’s wasted on Conley.

Mitchell hasn’t shown the ability or willingness to play offense in a way that can conserve energy on defense. Even with 2-3 additional ball handlers on the court, he plays the same way. That means his defense is always going to be nothing or negative.

With two small guards not playing much defense, we’re always going to be in a hole. As well as Conley played, we’re building this team around Donovan and Gobert. If you don’t fit around those two you’re a luxury and that’s all Conley can be on this roster. It’s not quite as obvious as Favors+Gobert, but it’s a combo we can’t rely on and want to avoid.

He didn’t guard Murray a lot because he was the last guy on the roster Q wanted to see on him. And so the whole defense was shifted out of position, with DM and MC guarding significantly taller players and Royce or Joe shifted down to Murray. Disaster ensued, of course.

The stats for that series are all super skewed because of the two blowout games (and Conley played in the most gruesome one), so I don’t put much stock in them.

Conley had a good offensive series. But he was the rot at the heart of the rotten defense.
We put our best defenders on Murray and he torched them. Not because we shifted players around, because they couldn't guard him and were incredibly hot shooting. Conley probably should have guarded him more He also had great numbers in the losses. The only game that wasn't great was game 7. DM guarded Murray as well but got worn out. That was also a large issue. They tried hiding Mitchell on defense as well. We also had clarkson playing who is a worse defender and doesn't help there offense as much as Conley.

I want to trade Conley for a better fit, I didn't want him to begin with but your take is pretty exteme without much to back it up.

Also if the blowouts helped Conley's stats they should help the rest of the team. It's pretty fair to look at the team in the series and see which stats show who helped the most in that series.

We put our best defenders on Murray and he torched them. Not because we shifted players around, because they couldn't guard him and were incredibly hot shooting. Conley probably should have guarded him more He also had great numbers in the losses. The only game that wasn't great was game 7. DM guarded Murray as well but got worn out. That was also a large issue. They tried hiding Mitchell on defense as well. We also had clarkson playing who is a worse defender and doesn't help there offense as much as Conley.

I want to trade Conley for a better fit, I didn't want him to begin with but your take is pretty exteme without much to back it up.
Plenty to back it up. Conley’s defense was atrocious. And he put the rest of the defense at a disadvantage.

Plenty to back it up. Conley’s defense was atrocious. And he put the rest of the defense at a disadvantage.
I would say that about many of the players in that series. He wasn't the worse and he also helped the second most to Mitchell on offense.

Easier statement is, who were the good defenders in the series?

Why was our team defense equally bad or worse when he wasn't on the court?

I would say that about many of the players in that series. He wasn't the worse and he also helped the second most to Mitchell on offense.

Easier statement is, who were the good defenders in the series?

Why was our team defense equally bad or worse when he wasn't on the court?
More effort was given to hide Conley than anyone else. So, yeah. We were awful. He was putrid.

More effort was given to hide Conley than anyone else. So, yeah. We were awful. He was putrid.
Then they did a good job since the team played the same or better defense with him in the court and much better offense with him on the court. Which means the net result was he improved us the second most of any player in this series. Much bigger issues then him in this series. Although we still played pretty well.

Maybe you could argue he gets paid too much for what he gives us, we gave up too much to get him, or we could trade him for a better fit. But I don't see any evidence of your claim.

Then they did a good job since the team played the same or better defense with him in the court and much better offense with him on the court. Which means the net result was he improved us the second most of any player in this series. Much bigger issues then him in this series. Although we still played pretty well.

Maybe you could argue he gets paid too much for what he gives us, we gave up too much to get him, or we could trade him for a better fit. But I don't see any evidence of your claim.
You’re still using the skewed stats. Cute.