What's new

Disclaimer: NOT THE GAME THREAD. AT&T SportsNet on Comcast - audio issues?

The refs gave Portland the two weakest *** technical fouls I have ever seen. Like I'm looking at the replay and wondering if the fix was in against Portland. Those first two techs were ridiculous.

If you consider how many fouls that weren't called on Nurkic early AND the weak calls on Mitchell taking him out of the game, the techs really didn't matter all that much. We actually only hit one of those two free throws.

Nurkic was fouling like it was summer league in the first half.

I thought Royce played great basketball. They have him listed for 2 steals, but I swear he had 3 in the 2nd quarter alone. He also had zero turnovers.

Korver and Ingles played a combined 60 minutes and went 4-15 and 0-8 from three. We didn't lose because of these performances, but they were probably the most glaring weakness of the game.

Gobert got outplayed which is rare. One thing I will say though - instead of getting on the refs, Gobert just needs to return some contact from time to time. He ended the game with 1 foul. Every once in a while especially with a guy like Nurkic, Gobert just needs to foul him hard. We gave up too many easy baskets for our rim protecting C to only have 1 foul.

Portland scored 109, shot 50% from the field and 44% from 3. People were saying our defense was back to last seasons form though?

People definitely say that the season is more than a game long.
Nice sample size bro.
Keep dying on that hill that the jazz are not very good. True fan
See ya when the next big win streak ends or the next loss happens.

Oh and this was quite simply a game where the jazz shots werent falling and portlands were. And we are injured. And we still had a good chance to win the game at the end.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
People definitely say that the season is more than a game long.
Nice sample size bro.
Keep dying on that hill that the jazz are not very good. True fan
See ya when the next big win streak ends or the next loss happens.

Oh and this was quite simply a game where the jazz shots werent falling and portlands were. And we are injured. And we still had a good chance to win the game at the end.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

This -

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Can somebody explain why Rudy was not starting? That must be the most bizarre decision ever. How do you not start your best player?

Yep, you obviously didn’t watch the game all right. Please continue talking like you know the difference between your dick and your weeping skin tag.

So from looking at the Box Score we had a better 2nd half than 1st half, Korver missing all his 3 point attempts, and Rubino coming back was a bad thing, and Donavan had a less than stellar game?

Can somebody explain why Rudy was not starting? That must be the most bizarre decision ever. How do you not start your best player?
Quin knows Jae does better starting, so he wanted to get him in for the first 12 seconds to moneyball this thing.

Actually, he was going to start then ran off the floor really quick. He came back to the score's table before tip off actually happened and they wouldn't let him check back in.

Last year when the Blazers beat us after All Star break I thought it exposed the Jazz a bit. It felt like they were a real threat. Last night's loss didn't feel like that. Jazz were a step slow on defensive rotations, couldn't hit good shots, and still almost won a game where Portland was playing with desperation after getting punked twice by Utah. A good coach like Stotts can make adjustments that can steal a game like this. A good coach like Snyder can see what those adjustments were and make his own adjustments to get the next win. That loss sucked, but it didn't make me worried. We're still without Dante and Thabo, Nurk had a great game and Gobert had one of his weakest of the season. Overall I came away feeling like Utah is the better team.

The Jazz defense in the first half was awesome. Not Meh. Not meh at all. It was fun to watch and it was great.
Jazz defense in the second quarter was amazing, that is all
after the korver shaqtin' a fool moment i knew they would lose. completely took away momentum.
Burks wouldn’t have done that. Lol couldn’t help myself. :D
Royce is 1000% better as a starter. I'll have to dig into the stats to justify this claim.

Why do you need stats to know, you have eyes don’t you??

This just means he isn’t very good and is much better when given the least possible responsibility. Wide open catch and shoot, great. Disastrous when he puts the ball on the floor and tries to do anything more. Locke was ranting like he’s some great find this year when he was stinking garbage for the first 10 weeks of the season and has had a couple good weeks against crap teams.
If Royce is playing 37 mins we’re fooked

Simply put, I agree.

In regards to 3 pt shooting, I though for sure he would’ve put Grayson in at some point to try and spark something. Joe and Kyle were remarkably off and that could’ve been a good opportunity for a bench guy to try and step up.

This is a tough stretch of games for the jazz. The schedule will get easier again. When the jazz get their injured players back everything will be fine. The lineup of Dante Donovan Joe korver Rudy or Derrick. Is the lineup jazz should play alot when Dante is back. 2 incredible athletes in the backcourt Joe doing a bit of everything. Korver with his shooting and spacing and Rudy or Derrick defense and finishing around the basket. What a lineup!!!

In regards to 3 pt shooting, I though for sure he would’ve put Grayson in at some point to try and spark something. Joe and Kyle were remarkably off and that could’ve been a good opportunity for a bench guy to try and step up.

I would still trust Joe and Kyle to hit shots even when they have missed all game.

If you consider how many fouls that weren't called on Nurkic early AND the weak calls on Mitchell taking him out of the game, the techs really didn't matter all that much. We actually only hit one of those two free throws.

Nurkic was fouling like it was summer league in the first half.
It isn't a balance thing. Those were honestly some of the weakest techs I've ever seen. I'm looking at the replay like???

We haven't passed THE TEST. We've beat some good teams, but we haven't put together a run like last year.
What is THE TEST? Because you made it sounds like this game was THE TEST, then you changed the criteria in the middle of the discussion.

Furthermore, I don’t think anyone is suggesting that the Jazz have played as well as they were to end last season. By all appearances, the end of last season was unsustainable, but we still haven’t played about 40% of this season (the amount of the season where the Jazz looked terrific last season).