What's new

DL and Quin Snyder Rift

Man you are so clueless it's hilarious. Yes of course one single decent defensive stand is exactly the same as and entire defensive assignment for an entire half. You know I once saw Niang stop Kawhi, stood right up to him, held his ground, forced a bad shot. So I guess that means we should have had niang on kawhi every single possession, you know since he showed he was the kawhi stopper and all. That worked out well didn't it? Your logic is ridiculous and just shows either a very heavy negative bias or just really ****** basketball iq.
Your interpretation of what I said, is not accurate. The point I'm trying to make is that Rudy's effort was lacking during that third quarter when Mann went off. Maybe he was tired. Then Quin should've given him some rest because the Clippers were scoring at will even though Rudy was in there. Morgan or Favors couldn't have done any worse and would've at least added a little offense.

Your interpretation of what I said, is not accurate. The point I'm trying to make is that Rudy's effort was lacking during that third quarter when Mann went off. Maybe he was tired. Then Quin should've given him some rest because the Clippers were scoring at will even though Rudy was in there. Morgan or Favors couldn't have done any worse and would've at least added a little offense.
Rudy was playing hurt. He had an MRI on his back after the game.

The Jazz is easy to hate because they do absolutely nothing when it counts the most. If they were winners, it'd be much harder to hate on 'em because you'd be able to just toss out the fact they've won rings. That seems to shut a lot of people up pretty quickly. It's why all the LeBron hate goes nowhere because he's won rings.

Imagine Troll Maxwell had the Jazz put things together and won it all. He'd be neutered and his attacks only seen as desperate - not actively working.

Until the Jazz ever shake the loser tag, they're going to be easy to pick on. Not only do they come from a state perceived to be the most racist in the Union (weird, of course, considering there's the whole South and all) but their actual success (or lack thereof, I guess) when it counts makes it easy to dunk on 'em.

You are right Quinn should have tried something else, also because he did get injured after that fall, but mainly because he had given Rudy an impossible task. But your assessment that his problems were entirely based on effort is ********. He wasn't slacking off, he had an impossible task. He was expected to stay with Mann, something any center in the league would struggle with for an entire half, but he also had to cover for everyone else's failings by trying to be there at the rim when their own defensive assignments blew by them. He was set up for failure. He wasn't slacking off, he had impossible choices to make because his teammates couldn't guard a mannequin.

Add into that the fact that he got hurt on that fall and it should be no wonder to anyone he couldn't continually close out on Mann or anyone else. And Quinn should have at the very least tried something else to throw out a different look or get Gobert some help or some rest. But he just continued to beat that dead horse when it was very clear it wasn't working.

Ill always be a jazz fan but vernon maxwell is funny af

"Cobb County, Ga., officials extradited Maxwell to Gainesville after he was arrested on kidnapping and aggravated assault charges. According to police records, Maxwell abducted female acquaintance Belinda Beine and locked her in her Marietta home. When Beine tried to escape, Maxwell beat her. At one point, Maxwell struck her with a TV tray, causing a bruise on her back. Maxwell gave a false name -- “Kenneth Shaw” -- to the arresting officer."

Why the Hell does anyone care what Vernon Maxwell thinks?

Honestly I think the Favors signing was the biggest mistake of the offseason and the major issues with the current front office in a microcosm. And of course I didn't think that at the time. But we are paying him a lot of money and he just isn't adding much, even before the Clippers series--and of course in that series, he was unplayable. The thing is--he didn't add much when we had him before. He was the wrong player for this roster before. And they went and resigned him instead of trying to get the type of player who could actually help us against post-season small ball. We should have used that money diversifying the roster and getting a guy who is different from Rudy, not a shell of who Rudy is. I love Favors, but having precious cap space tied up in him for 2 years is really going to hurt them making any change. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up an asset to get rid of him, and we don't have assets to give up. It's moves like this where DL and the front office really screwed up. They knew we had a problem--the inability to defend small, athletic teams has knocked us out of the playoffs literally ever season. But they never did anything to address it and committed to the wrong type of players.

I think we'd be idiotic to get rid of Snyder, and we're not going to. But I really hope the new owner shakes up the front office. This organization desperately needs a new look, new blood. We've been the same team and done things the same way for decades. I hope the ownership group decides to shake things up.

Honestly I think the Favors signing was the biggest mistake of the offseason and the major issues with the current front office in a microcosm. And of course I didn't think that at the time. But we are paying him a lot of money and he just isn't adding much, even before the Clippers series--and of course in that series, he was unplayable. The thing is--he didn't add much when we had him before. He was the wrong player for this roster before. And they went and resigned him instead of trying to get the type of player who could actually help us against post-season small ball. We should have used that money diversifying the roster and getting a guy who is different from Rudy, not a shell of who Rudy is. I love Favors, but having precious cap space tied up in him for 2 years is really going to hurt them making any change. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up an asset to get rid of him, and we don't have assets to give up. It's moves like this where DL and the front office really screwed up. They knew we had a problem--the inability to defend small, athletic teams has knocked us out of the playoffs literally ever season. But they never did anything to address it and committed to the wrong type of players.

I think we'd be idiotic to get rid of Snyder, and we're not going to. But I really hope the new owner shakes up the front office. This organization desperately needs a new look, new blood. We've been the same team and done things the same way for decades. I hope the ownership group decides to shake things up.
I liked the signing of Favors, but we did overpay him. But signing him is far from the worst of the roster additions. Like people have said, the end of the bench and lack of contributors there turned out to be a big problem, Matt Thomas being the major mistake.

Ill always be a jazz fan but vernon maxwell is funny af

I really wish people would stop quoting him and re-tweeting him. It is fine to roast Utah, I have no problem with that, but not from someone with a long, long history of violence against women. Maxwell kidnapped and raped a woman, knowingly gave another woman herpes, and was arrested as recent as last year for stalking and violating a TPO for his wife. He refused to pay child support during his playing career, when he was making millions of dollars. He threatened a teammate with a gun, faked an injury in a playoff game because he was upset he wasn’t playing more, got into multiple locker room fights, and went into the stands to attack a fan in Portland.

I don’t care if you’re funny or not. If you have that history you do not deserve a spotlight. Let’s please stop giving him one.

90% of this board was clamoring for Favors to sign here the entire year he was gone and the offseason leading into this season.

I don't mind the signing, I mind the length of the contract considering his injury history.

I liked the signing of Favors, but we did overpay him. But signing him is far from the worst of the roster additions. Like people have said, the end of the bench and lack of contributors there turned out to be a big problem, Matt Thomas being the major mistake.
Matt Thomas wasn't as big of a blunder that people make it out to be, the biggest error would be having that idiot DL still employed with the Utah Jazz come tip off. His days are numbered and Smith and Wade won't buy his foolish bs

Matt Thomas wasn't as big of a blunder that people make it out to be, the biggest error would be having that idiot DL still employed with the Utah Jazz come tip off. His days are numbered and Smith and Wade won't buy his foolish bs
It will be interesting to see.
Some owners might like general managers that build number 1 seeds and get runner up for executive of the year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app