What's new

DL and Quin Snyder Rift

We can play this game all day
You are just a charmer. I mean Maxwell, a known abuser of women is telling twitter to stop Asian hate. So I guess Asian women are the only ones safe with him.

You follow who you want to follow, but don't be throwing Maxwell around here like some sort of truth teller, dickwad.

This is the Jazz nice way of moving on. He’ll “advise” for a year and then leave to take a new job elsewhere. Nobody gets fired. There’s no big divorce. But it immediately opens up a front office job to be filled with someone that Smith wants.

IMO - Jazz should try to shake things up hard. Obviously, Masai Ujiri would be the big get. Jazz just opened up the right position to go after him. I know the Raptors and Wizards are the two most likely destinations, but there’s a reason they brought DWade on board. Let him help recruit front office additions. Shane Battier should also find a position somewhere in the front office as well.

I liked the signing of Favors, but we did overpay him. But signing him is far from the worst of the roster additions. Like people have said, the end of the bench and lack of contributors there turned out to be a big problem, Matt Thomas being the major mistake.
Favors did a ton to improve the bench and he fit the culture of the team. Not a bad signing. He needed to take a $500,000 discount to allow us to remain under the cap. Other than that, not a bad signing.

DLs biggest mistake was drafting for the future instead of for winning now. He drafted Dok instead of getting players that could give us flexibility at positions we aren't strong at.

He didn't find those players at the trade deadline or waiver. Not getting Batum was more the blunder than getting Matt Thomas.

Being in the luxury tax for $500,000 was a blunder worth an axe tbh. Cost the team tens of millions.

You are just a charmer. I mean Maxwell, a known abuser of women is telling twitter to stop Asian hate. So I guess Asian women are the only ones safe with him.

You follow who you want to follow, but don't be throwing Maxwell around here like some sort of truth teller, dickwad.
I love how people demand respect for not hating, but call people names at the end of their posts.

If you dont want hate, then don't spread it online.

PS. I dont know or care who this Maxwell guy is.

This is the Jazz nice way of moving on. He’ll “advise” for a year and then leave to take a new job elsewhere. Nobody gets fired. There’s no big divorce. But it immediately opens up a front office job to be filled with someone that Smith wants.

IMO - Jazz should try to shake things up hard. Obviously, Masai Ujiri would be the big get. Jazz just opened up the right position to go after him. I know the Raptors and Wizards are the two most likely destinations, but there’s a reason they brought DWade on board. Let him help recruit front office additions. Shane Battier should also find a position somewhere in the front office as well.
This is a long shot, I'm from Toronto he isn't a Utah guy, then again I hope I'm wrong.

Why does everyone assume because DL is stepping down we have a GM opening. Justin Zanik was already our GM. Is there something about him leaving or being promoted to executive something or other?

Why does everyone assume because DL is stepping down we have a GM opening. Justin Zanik was already our GM. Is there something about him leaving or being promoted to executive something or other?
They’ve said that they’re looking at restructuring the FO and they’re not sure what it will look like. We’ve been linked to other guys like Battier. It’s been implied Zanik isn’t the only guy. And there also hasn’t been a “Zanik is stepping up” or taking on new role congrats or PR messaging.

They’ve said that they’re looking at restructuring the FO and they’re not sure what it will look like. We’ve been linked to other guys like Battier. It’s been implied Zanik isn’t the only guy. And there also hasn’t been a “Zanik is stepping up” or taking on new role congrats or PR messaging.
Oh, thanks. I've missed that information.

I also think that if you were assistant GM and the GM moves up to President... and then they change your title to GM... how much really changes? It isn't like Zanik was final say on everything. Who knows I guess.

Oh, thanks. I've missed that information.
Tony Jones was pretty unambiguous that Zanik is “the guy” now. It may just mean that he is “the fall guy” if we don’t win a title next year and whomever is brought in will then move up.

I won’t pretend to know what is going. What is curiously absent from every outlet reporting on this is the “why.” Is DL leaving because he wants to? Is he being politely asked to step down by Smith? Is there tension between Quin and DL as reported? I still have no idea why this move was made.

Tony Jones was pretty unambiguous that Zanik is “the guy” now. It may just mean that he is “the fall guy” if we don’t win a title next year and whomever is brought in will then move up.

I won’t pretend to know what is going. What is curiously absent from every outlet reporting on this is the “why.” Is DL leaving because he wants to? Is he being politely asked to step down by Smith? Is there tension between Quin and DL as reported? I still have no idea why this move was made.
Quin won this one.

Interesting Trib article. Looks like next year a lot of DLs guys might not be on the team. Wouldn't be shocked to see Udoka moved for a 2nd round pick.

Interesting Trib article. Looks like next year a lot of DLs guys might not be on the team. Wouldn't be shocked to see Udoka moved for a 2nd round pick.
I'm not sure I could accurately tell who are "Quin's guys" and who are "DL's guys" in a lot of cases.

I guess Quin's guys are the guys that got playing time? But aren't several of them DL's guys, too?