What's new

DL out… kinda?

It's past due, I don't think DL did as bad of a job as most.

My biggest problem was his inability to read his players and the market. The Jazz lost too many assets for nothing.

Things that pissed me off about DL: Telling Hayward to go find his market value, pissing off Hayward. Not realizing Hayward was pissed and was looking to leave. He should have dealt him prior to his second FA. Re-signing Exum to eleven million dollars after all the injures. However he turned this mistake around to get JC which was one of his best moves. Then trading Favors the first time opening up space to sign FA. This was a good move. DL then screws it up by re-signing Favors for $9m for 3 years. Just a horrible deal. Especially considering all the talk about Jazz needing an athletic SF, something he never accomplished. I thought he gave away too much for Mike Conley. Everyone knew that Memphis wanted to deal Conley. They had just drafted the PG of the future. So what does he do, he gives away picks like they were Halloween candy. The Jazz were doing the Grizzlies a favor by getting rid of Conley's contract. The Jazz should have gotten some picks for doing so. Drafting Udoka was not that bad of a pick, it became horrible when he re-signed Favors. I give DL for signing Bogie. Unlike most people I think he is worth keeping. He really started playing like the old Bogie later in the season. I loved the JC deal too. I didn't mind getting Conley but I just think he could have negotiated a better deal.

Ainge just had that tunnel vision when hes doing every trade so he lost track of the big picture. All he cares about is winning every trade even though those trade returns make zero sense for his team.

Like trading for Tatum is a good deal in itself, but not very consecutive for his team when he's already got Brown and Hayward on the roster. That's before Hayward was hurt too. If Hayward didn't get hurt, it would be Tatum or Brown spending most of their season on the bench.

Trading Thomas for Irving was also a good deal, but Irving is much less of a playmaker and more of a ballhog. If you are a superstar oriented franchise trying to win now like this year's Nets, it would've made sense. But Celtics wasn't that team. How does watching Kyrie iso on every possession help the development of Tatum and Brown? Then he simply repeated that mistake by going for Kemba instead of a true playmaker willing to share the ball.

What that Celtics team needed also was a big man and Ainge's done little to nothing to address their weakness at the 4/5 spot. Like signing Kanter from Portland, only to give him back one season later......

Seems to me he's just a more aggressive version of DL who would do all he could to win you a trade. But besides that, he's pretty clueless on how to properly build his team towards the next step.

This is false. Neither Tatum, Hayward or Brown would have had to sit much of the season on the bench.

If he's truly an interim that means he doesn't have much power. No way are you letting someone like that have final say.
Ownership always has final say. All I’m saying is JZ will be motivated to stir up some deals and bring some stuff to the table. Even if it’s minor **** he will be looking to prove he should be the guy. He’s in the dating phase of the relationship… he’s showing up with flowers and sending nice texts and ****.

Ownership always has final say. All I’m saying is JZ will be motivated to stir up some deals and bring some stuff to the table. Even if it’s minor **** he will be looking to prove he should be the guy. He’s in the dating phase of the relationship… he’s showing up with flowers and sending nice texts and ****.
Or he’s playing it cool because he doesn’t want to look too desperate.