What's new

Do you think Gordon Hayward will resign with the Jazz this Offseason?

Will Gordon Hayward Resign with the Jazz this offseason?

• YES!

Votes: 66 86.8%
  • no...

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters

Tom Pitt

Obviously, we are about to get swept by maybe the greatest team ever assembled. 2 sides of the Coin right now (Okay maybe 3 but obviously the metaphor doesn't work with 3)
1-Gordon likes what the Jazz are building. Sees how good Gobert was. Appreciates the fans, Believes in Quin and DL, the culture and decides he wants to spend his best years as a pro as the #1 guy on the Jazz.
2-He looks at how stupidly invincible the Warriors are. Realizes that there is no way he'll ever play in a NBA finals if he stays in the West. Looks eastward, sees aging LeBron, His coach Brad Stevens, the pile of valuable assets in Danny Ainges' back pocket, IT, Horford, Bill Simmons undying love, and the fully furnished banners of the Boston Garden and decides to go to the Celtics
3-Of course there will be other teams that will have appeal.

Do you think Gordon will stay with the Jazz?

Side note rant: I think this series could have gone 6-7 games had we been healthy and KD stayed in OKC or just not signed with DUBS. It's really too bad for Gordon. Dubs are too good. I think Kevin Durant is the weakest superstar in NBA history for signing with a team that was probably the favorite to win the title without him. It's basically the equivalent of Larry Bird joining the showtime Lakers, giving them 4 of the top 20 players in the league (Aging Kareem, Magic, Big game James and Bird).

People keep saying let KD live his life, but I think thats kind of lame because the NBA is about the fans. Fans are the ones who make the profession a viable way to make a livelihood and I just think its kind of lame cause the entertainment value is not as good when you have a team that is just way way better than everyone else.

Honestly the Warriors are going to win the title easily if they stay healthy and the fans will be robbed of good NBA basketball all because KD had to take the easiest path available to a title; there literally was not an easier path to a title that he could have taken. I'm sure he's a good dude but I just think he's kind of a wimp for joining THAT team. I get empowering athletes and letting them choose where they want to go, but Dude, KD, Join any other team but the Warriors (And probably the CAVS ;) ) damn it.

Me: "Hey, KD. MJ should have just joined the Celtics or Pistons cause he couldn't beat them in the 80's, right?"

KD: "Yeah. for sure man. those teams were tough. MJ should have just joined them. Jordan Rules took years off his life. I do me. btw, you ever hear my theory about how General Zod should have just teamed up with superman in MAN of Steel. That would have been a great movie right? Oh, and just FYI, with the Latvian Gangbanger Kristaps, the Latvia team looking really good. If they beat us in the Olympics next time around, I'm planning on applying for Latvian citizenship."

Me *Cancels my cable subscription and stops watching the NBA because there is no point when a team is THAT good.*

KD, you're a dick. thanks for Killing it for a lot of fans because you just had to take the easiest road possible as one of the top 3 best players in the league. You Joined a team that had already won a title and won 73 games without you and had Green not been suspended or Curry been fully healthy they would have won a title last year. You are gonna win a title. Good for you. What an accomplishment. Stockton and Malone would have won a title too had they joined the Bulls in their prime. You are such a Champ man. please just don't choke on Steph and Draymond's coattails.

Last edited:
I don't think he will. I KNOW he will. We provide him the best chance to win going forward while making the most money he can make. Why leave?

-About Golden St: They are great but NOT invincible. Even if Gordon goes East they will still exist and may end up being opponents.

-About Boston: I'm tired of hearing about the Stevens/Hayward relationship. Sure they were together at Butler for two college seasons. I'm sure they have a great relationship. But people overstate it. Quin has coached Hayward more than Stevens. Boston offers Gordon less money and a less stable situation. Does IT stay next offseason? If he does at 28 years old how long is he effective with his play style? Horford is 30, how long is he effective? Do the picks pan out? If things go to crap does that organisation have my back like the Jazz would? Who gives me a larger window to win a championship- 24 year old Rudy and the youth I know and have played with for years or 28 year old IT and 30 year old Horford?

Last edited:
Part of me thinks that seeing how good these warriors are might tempt him to go east. But then I just think about guys moving west to avoid Lebron and I laugh.

By the way, the poll should have a third option: "Extends his contract." This would basically put off signing a new contract until next year. He might do that if he doesn't make All NBA, and thinks he will next year, because then he could get mo' money.

Part of me thinks that seeing how good these warriors are might tempt him to go east. But then I just think about guys moving west to avoid Lebron and I laugh.

Does Gordon really seem like the kind of player to avoid playing against the best?

I doubt Hayward changes teams in order to play the Warriors one round later.

My mistake, I thought this post was going to be about Gordon Hayward, not Kevin Durant.

My grandest apology, in my moment of weakness I went on a vicious rant in re Durant in a thread about GTime. I should have just started a separate thread. I'm confident the community would have loved that. Prefacing it with a label wasn't efficacious; Human nature sucks again. Sorry my man. ;)

We will know his true feelings about Utah very soon.

If he leaves for Boston then he wasnt never a true Jazz man at heart.

I dont want him if he doesnt want to be the man here. He's got a great thing here, and he might be in for a rude awakening if he leaves.

I guarantee he stays in utah

I can't tell if Tom Pitt wants Hayward to resign with Utah or if he wants him to stay in Utah.

I can't tell if Tom Pitt wants Hayward to resign with Utah or if he wants him to stay in Utah.

I've always been a Hayward fan but this year he exceeded what I thought he could become. He grinds. Works his a** off. People who think he's not a max player can go kick rocks imo.

I've always been a Hayward fan but this year he exceeded what I thought he could become. He grinds. Works his a** off. People who think he's not a max player can go kick rocks imo.

so you want him to resign?

Those three games against the Clippers without Rudy probably gave Hayward a good idea of what it will be like to play on another team. Especially Boston which has basically no size.

Obviously, we are about to get swept by maybe the greatest team ever assembled. 2 sides of the Coin right now (Okay maybe 3 but obviously the metaphor doesn't work with 3)
1-Gordon likes what the Jazz are building. Sees how good Gobert was. Appreciates the fans, Believes in Quin and DL, the culture and decides he wants to spend his best years as a pro as the #1 guy on the Jazz.
2-He looks at how stupidly invincible the Warriors are. Realizes that there is no way he'll ever play in a NBA finals if he stays in the West. Looks eastward, sees aging LeBron, His coach Brad Stevens, the pile of valuable assets in Danny Ainges' back pocket, IT, Horford, Bill Simmons undying love, and the fully furnished banners of the Boston Garden and decides to go to the Celtics
3-Of course there will be other teams that will have appeal.

Do you think Gordon will stay with the Jazz?

Side note rant: I think this series could have gone 6-7 games had we been healthy and KD stayed in OKC or just not signed with DUBS. It's really too bad for Gordon. Dubs are too good. I think Kevin Durant is the weakest superstar in NBA history for signing with a team that was probably the favorite to win the title without him. It's basically the equivalent of Larry Bird joining the showtime Lakers, giving them 4 of the top 20 players in the league (Aging Kareem, Magic, Big game James and Bird).

People keep saying let KD live his life, but I think thats kind of lame because the NBA is about the fans. Fans are the ones who make the profession a viable way to make a livelihood and I just think its kind of lame cause the entertainment value is not as good when you have a team that is just way way better than everyone else.

Honestly the Warriors are going to win the title easily if they stay healthy and the fans will be robbed of good NBA basketball all because KD had to take the easiest path available to a title; there literally was not an easier path to a title that he could have taken. I'm sure he's a good dude but I just think he's kind of a wimp for joining THAT team. I get empowering athletes and letting them choose where they want to go, but Dude, KD, Join any other team but the Warriors (And probably the CAVS ;) ) damn it.

Me: "Hey, KD. MJ should have just joined the Celtics or Pistons cause he couldn't beat them in the 80's, right?"

KD: "Yeah. for sure man. those teams were tough. MJ should have just joined them. Jordan Rules took years off his life. I do me. btw, you ever hear my theory about how General Zod should have just teamed up with superman in MAN of Steel. That would have been a great movie right? Oh, and just FYI, with the Latvian Gangbanger Kristaps, the Latvia team looking really good. If they beat us in the Olympics next time around, I'm planning on applying for Latvian citizenship."

Me *Cancels my cable subscription and stops watching the NBA because there is no point when a team is THAT good.*

KD, you're a dick. thanks for Killing it for a lot of fans because you just had to take the easiest road possible as one of the top 3 best players in the league. You Joined a team that had already won a title and won 73 games without you and had Green not been suspended or Curry been fully healthy they would have won a title last year. You are gonna win a title. Good for you. What an accomplishment. Stockton and Malone would have won a title too had they joined the Bulls in their prime. You are such a Champ man. please just don't choke on Steph and Draymond's coattails.

KD is a puss. Weak and soft. I loved those fans that we talking **** to him last game.

I think Hayward will stay. We can offer the most money and I think it's a good fit.

I think Hayward re-signs. It's been really hard to get a good read on his actual feelings. He's not the most open guy, but it seems that in the last couple months all signs have pointed to him returning.The way he talks about the organization and fans, the emotion he's shown a few times. There's really no escaping the W's and Cavs no matter where you are. I do think that the FO is going to have to show him that they have a solid plan to make this team a legitimate contender over the next 4 years. Most likely they've already had those discussions with him and included him in some of the planning (though probably not making the decisions).

I'd put my BS percentage at about %75 confidence right now. I just don't see another team that would give him a better situation where he can be the guy. His lifestyle fits with the state for the most part, he has a great relationship with the staff, and we can give him the most money.