What's new

Do you think Gordon Hayward will resign with the Jazz this Offseason?

Will Gordon Hayward Resign with the Jazz this offseason?

• YES!

Votes: 66 86.8%
  • no...

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
IMO a much better question, worthy of a thread and poll is; Will Hayward even grant other teams an audience?

My answer to that is yes.

No offense to OP. I just think this poll is slighted, did you really need a poll to know that a vast majority would vote yes? It's a given..

IMO a much better question, worthy of a thread and poll is; Will Hayward even grant other teams an audience?

No offense to OP. I just think this poll is slighted, did you really need a poll to know that a vast majority would vote yes? It's a given..

The poll's intent was never to provide an accurate depiction of how the majority of the community felt in re the question posed. The results thereof were merely meant as a method of fan therapy, if you will.

Secondarily and simultaneously, the poll was put forth in frustration. An indirect but after close observation clear point is made that if Hayward leaves, he leaves because Golden State is too good. A domino affect is portrayed: Kevin Durant being a coward and the weakest superstar of all time resulted in Golden State being too good, which resulted in Gordon the Great White Hope Hayward bidding Jazz Nation adieu, riding off into the sunset. Which results in JFC melt down of biblical scales and those left scarred and subtly unhinged by the Corbin/Big Al Years to finally have their minds give way to madness.

I think it is a given that he will listen to pitches form a half dozen teams. I still think he re-signs with the Jazz.

The thread heading is a bit confusing. It should read either:

...Hayward will resign from the Jazz...

or

...Hayward will re-sign with the Jazz...

Completely different interpretations. I assumed the latter was intended when I voted.

What worries me is he left for Charlotte in a heartbeat, what makes you think those feelings for leaving don't remain ? I know we are a much more competitive team now but still! Maybe I'm wrong but I just feel uneasy about the Hayward situation. I really hope he stays man

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using JazzFanz mobile app

What worries me is he left for Charlotte in a heartbeat, what makes you think those feelings for leaving don't remain ? I know we are a much more competitive team now but still! Maybe I'm wrong but I just feel uneasy about the Hayward situation. I really hope he stays man

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using JazzFanz mobile app

The Jazz told him to go find an offer on the open market. It was SOP for the KOC era to let free agents find a deal instead of offering them something slightly above the team's projected value. In this case it ended up biting them.

or

Completely different interpretations. I assumed the latter was intended when I voted.
You assumed correct. Obviously

or

I know what you're saying, but anyone with at least a 6th grade education should be able to understand what the OP meant.

So?

You said he left for charlotte. What were his stats with the hornets?

He didn't leave for charlotte. He signed an offer sheet. There is a difference.

I'd give it a 75% chance we keep Hayward and Hill. Offer him five year max with 5th year player option the second you are able to make up for last negotiations issues.

A lot of media people seem to think Hayward is leaving. It's pretty split down the middle as to they think he is going to Boston or staying with Utah.

The Jazz told him to go find an offer on the open market. It was SOP for the KOC era to let free agents find a deal instead of offering them something slightly above the team's projected value. In this case it ended up biting them.

In every case it bit us in the ***. Not everything KOC did was terrible and on the whole he was about average as far as GMs are concerned, but there were a handful of things he did that were absolutely moronic, this being one of them. Can't say enough how much more comfortable I feel with Lindsey instead of KOC, Quin instead of Corbin, and Starks instead of Rigby. That's a huge jump up on all three of those guys.

A lot of media people seem to think Hayward is leaving. It's pretty split down the middle as to they think he is going to Boston or staying with Utah.

What do you think? I'm less certain that I was a month ago. Taking a more objective view...

1. Boston has a comparable team to us AND they'll be adding a top 3 pick in a loaded draft that could be flipped for a star.
2. Lebron is 32. Curry, Durant, Draymond, and Klay all in their 20s. The path to the finals could be pretty easy for him in a couple years.
3. Bigger market exposure

Minor advantages:
Brad Stevens
Closer to hometown

Disadvantages:
Less money (potentially a lot less if he gets 3rd team all NBA)
Boston has no traditional defensive shot blocker or rim protector at all
Leaving a system you know you're excellent in to play behind a ball dominant PG