What's new

Do you think Gordon Hayward will resign with the Jazz this Offseason?

Will Gordon Hayward Resign with the Jazz this offseason?

• YES!

Votes: 66 86.8%
  • no...

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
Besides Malone and Stockton, good players normally leave Utah when they get a chance so unfortunately I think Gordo is gone :(

What worries me is he left for Charlotte in a heartbeat, what makes you think those feelings for leaving don't remain ? I know we are a much more competitive team now but still! Maybe I'm wrong but I just feel uneasy about the Hayward situation. I really hope he stays man

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using JazzFanz mobile app

I think the fact he took an offer sheet from Charlotte is great news for us. He didnt care about the Charlotte team. Hayward went out and tried to find the biggest best offer. A lot of people didnt think he would get a max offer and he sought one out. This off-season if he does the same thing (seek the most $) the Jazz are the team that can offer that and will July 1st unlike last time.

Its not like Hayward ever implied he didnt want the Jazz to match the offer, unlike what Milsap did when Portland offered him.

Don't know if it's been posted but y'all should read this. Excellent article on Hayward's options this off season.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=42729511&nid=294

Basically 4 out of 5 options land Hayward in utah long term. I didn't know all this. One option lands Hayward north of 300 million and has him in utah 8 years...

By the way, the poll should have a third option: "Extends his contract." This would basically put off signing a new contract until next year. He might do that if he doesn't make All NBA, and thinks he will next year, because then he could get mo' money.

that is risky if he misses a lot of games next season due to injury or regresses!

he might lose out on some money

Rudy Gobert is so much better than anyone on the Celtics. To leave that for a 5'8" PG. Yikes. That'd scare me if I were him.

I'd be really surprised if he didn't. Any way you slice it, he's leaving an absurd amount of money on the table if he goes elsewhere.

I'd be really surprised if he didn't. Any way you slice it, he's leaving an absurd amount of money on the table if he goes elsewhere.

If he doesn't make all NBA the jazz can offer 1 more year and pay slightly more. The 4 year salary is very close so leaving is a real option

Why can't he do what leborn and kevin are going to do? Sign a 2 year play option with another team, play a year, then sign a max with that team?

If Hayward was smart, he'd stay in Utah. Playing next to Gobert is going to be better than any other realistic option he has.

However, his body language and comments he has made really don't instill confidence that he'll be back.

He'll have to leave a considerable amount of money on the table, but I'm not nearly as confident with the way he's been acting/talking.

If he leaves, JJ will probably ask for a trade and then we go back to being a borderline 8th seed at best sadly.

If he leaves, JJ will probably ask for a trade and then we go back to being a borderline 8th seed at best sadly.

Maybe I should be but I'm really not worried about it. I think he definitely stays and I think there's about a 70% chance Hill stays too. The only way is if we're just too far off on the numbers and someone easily outbids us. Ingles is the guy who I think may be gone. Someone may offer him 15M+ and for me, that's just too steep.

Gobert didn't.

Because jazz made a fair offer and prevented him going to be a RFA

Jazz tried to screw Hayward which made him get his max offer they then matched

That was 3 years ago

We will soon see if Hayward holds a grudge

Me thinks Gordon will not opt out.
As the article says he will bet on himself and maybe go for that All-NBA slot then cash in.

At first I was thinking Boston will be the smart move to make.
Better chance in getting into the Finals, better chance to beat GSW (based on head to head this past years), and also maybe vs Cavs with him around.
You have All-Stars Horford and Thomas. Then there's the incoming number 1 pick.
What's not to like?

But if you look at the salaries Celtics will have to go thru what Jazz is going thru this off-season.
Bradley, Thomas and Zeller will be FAs, Smart and Olynyk will be negotiating extensions.

So I say he won't opt out. Get that All NBA then assess what are Jazz's and Celtics' lineups by then.

With this, Jazz may have an upper hand depending on who they sign this summer.
Will they be re-signing Hill and Ingles? Who else will they be recruiting?
Then next year JJ, Diaw (if Jazz picks up option) and Favors will be off the books.
Although extensions to either Exum and Hood are also in the to-do list.

Maybe I should be but I'm really not worried about it. I think he definitely stays and I think there's about a 70% chance Hill stays too. The only way is if we're just too far off on the numbers and someone easily outbids us. Ingles is the guy who I think may be gone. Someone may offer him 15M+ and for me, that's just too steep.

After watching Quin's interview, it seems to me that he and the FO are pretty confident Hayward will be back. Kind of hard to get a read on Gordo, but if his actions/words were the only thing we had to go on, I'd be pretty nervous.

Listening to Ingles, I got the impression that he'll stay in Utah even if it means leaving money on the table to go elsewhere. I think he has a great appreciation for the fact that Utah not only picked him up after being cut, but actually gave him minutes to prove his worth. A guy like him could easily end up somewhere spending a lot of time on the bench, depending on the coach.

Because jazz made a fair offer and prevented him going to be a RFA

Jazz tried to screw Hayward which made him get his max offer they then matched

That was 3 years ago

We will soon see if Hayward holds a grudge

Utah didn't try to screw Hayward. They made a sound business decision that just didn't happen to work out.

I mean, do people here think Utah should have given Favors a max instead of the contract he got? If he had held out like Gordon, chances our we might have had to match a max on him as well. We were lucky that his health was enough of a concern that he didn't want to gamble.

All this hindsight about what we should have done with Hayward is BS. Sometimes even when you do things the right way, they just don't work out.

After watching Quin's interview, it seems to me that he and the FO are pretty confident Hayward will be back. Kind of hard to get a read on Gordo, but if his actions/words were the only thing we had to go on, I'd be pretty nervous.

Listening to Ingles, I got the impression that he'll stay in Utah even if it means leaving money on the table to go elsewhere. I think he has a great appreciation for the fact that Utah not only picked him up after being cut, but actually gave him minutes to prove his worth. A guy like him could easily end up somewhere spending a lot of time on the bench, depending on the coach.

don't think there's anything to read into his statements. I think he's just going to pains to stay neutral, get all the options in front of him and then decide. He's always been very vanilla and said "the right thing" in interviews. Still not worried, if he went anywhere else i'd be truly stunned.