What's new

Do you want our pick to convey this year?

Do you want our pick to convey to OKC this year?

• Yes, and hopefully make some noise in the play in/play offs

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • No, I want a Top 10 pick this year!

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • Undecided/No Strong Preference

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
23-24 draft Jazz will have 9th pick again.
24-25 Jazz will trade for no1 option super star
24-25 Thunder will draft 29th pick via Jazz

The Jazz are highly unlikely to make the playoffs, and if they somehow do manage it, it'll be a quick first round exit. So yeah, I'd rather have the pick.
I mean as far as the play-in goes we just have to beat Golden State. Of course if any injury happens with Lebron or Davis, things could go sideways for the Lakers pretty quick . I have no fear of Houston.

Good points. Would a top 10 pick this year be more advantageous to a trade than what we could do once our pick conveys?
I don't know. I would try to avoid trading our own picks... especially if we have other teams picks. I think a top 10 pick has more value than the Minny/Cavs picks in 2025. If our pick conveyed I would not be offering our own 2025 pick at all.

I think it is just something you can point to right now as a building block for a deal. It helps the other team win the press conference if they are trading for high-level prospect X and a pick for their good player and not just for multiple picks.

I don't feel strongly one way or another....if I thought about it more, I'd probably land on wanting to keep the pick, but I can't get over how lame it is to be loud and proud about not caring about winning or losing. Puts a real damper on the season. Somehow it feels worse than teams outright tanking.

The Jazz are highly unlikely to make the playoffs, and if they somehow do manage it, it'll be a quick first round exit. So yeah, I'd rather have the pick.
It would almost certainly be just the play in and I doubt we'd make it out. Especially if you go to LA and play the Lakers. They'd shoot a billion more free throws than us. It would be fun to lock out GS and the Lakers from the actual playoffs.

Also - one note... front offices will never say they are tanking (at least they should not). So take their words with a grain of salt and look more at their actions.

Interesting results so far, I thought we would be more evenly split.

We are currently 2 games out of a non-lottery pick and 2 games out of 10th with 29 more games to go (17 home 12 road).

Interesting results so far, I thought we would be more evenly split.

We are currently 2 games out of a non-lottery pick and 2 games out of 10th with 29 more games to go (17 home 12 road).
I'm not really that surprised because most of this board has been buying the premise that this draft sucks rather than reality which is this draft lacks projected stars. Depth wise this draft is as solid as most drafts. You look at who could be available at 10th spot and you have your pick of at least 5 prospects I would love to have. A lot of them are wings with size which is obviously a weakness for us right now.

Also - one note... front offices will never say they are tanking (at least they should not). So take their words with a grain of salt and look more at their actions.
And their actions (trade deadline moves), tell us, among other things, that they want to play our rookies to see if they’re keepers or assets that could be included in possible trades in the summer. Secretly, but not saying it publicly, the FO is hoping we get to keep our 2024 pick.

I just see more positives in conveying it to OKC this year. It frees us up with the restrictions, it is a better draft next year, I think next year's pick is more valuable if we go that route. But the bigger part is it means we play well the rest of the season and that's great for many reasons. For me entertainment that's great. But it means our guys are more valuable and developed more.

But if for some reason we get a top 10 pick this year it its fine as well. Although I don't really think we should bring in 3 more rookie next year to try and develop.

And their actions (trade deadline moves), tell us, among other things, that they want to play our rookies to see if they’re keepers or assets that could be included in possible trades in the summer. Secretly, but not saying it publicly, the FO is hoping we get to keep our 2024 pick.
Generally speaking, this is one of the most important lessons in life....Look at what people do, not what they say.

I do kind of believe JZ though but yeah. I think they are saying “we want a chance to keep our pick and if we don’t keep it we don’t want it to be on the backs of guys that aren’t likely to be here next year”.

Based on their actions they definitely aren’t consumed with conveying the pick like some weirdos on twitter seem to be.

I think for us to keep the pick it will require FO intervention or 10+ games missed by a guy or two in our top 6.

Although... if Brice gets THT's minutes... that bench group of Brice, JC, Key, Hendricks and ? will give up like 350 pts per 100 possessions. So the combined powers of all our rookies on the floor at the same time may be the fast track to the #9 spot.