What's new

Does Kanter show Jazz made mistake in these playoffs ......

If he wants to be a role player on a Championship contender, no, it wasn't a mistake.

Fixed

If he wants to be a role player on a second-tier team as part of a weak bench that leads to their elimination in the second round by a deeper team Championship contender

If he wants to be a role player on a second-tier team as part of a weak bench that leads to their elimination in the second round by a deeper team Championship contender

Led by the physical Kanter and Adams lineup, OKC had 10 second-chance points in the final 12 minutes.

“They out-toughed us,” Gregg Popovich said. “They battered us on the boards.”

Donovan is a 1st year Coach ,is he finally seeing a way to win

There was just no way in hell the Jazz were going to max Kanter, which is what he wanted (and felt he deserved). So the question is not whether we should have traded him, it's whether we should have maxed him to keep him, which is what it would have required. Since we would not have maxed him in any case, nor is he a "max player," it's really a moot question.

Aside from the max issue, if Kanter had been content to come off the bench in Utah and play a role similar to the one he's playing in OKC, it very well could have worked. He seems content to come off the bench in OKC and to play 25 minutes or so a night (and often sit out during crunch time), but then he's getting a max salary to do it. In Utah, it's likely he would not have been happy with a similar role at a non-max salary. Despite his occasional bright moments, there's a reason Kanter's still coming off the bench and playing non-starter minutes.

Here's a laugh, I was reading comments on ESPN.com after Game 3 OKC-SA, and there were posters actually saying that OKC should blow up the team and rebuild around Kanter and Adams. Yikes!

Here's a laugh, I was reading comments on ESPN.com after Game 3 OKC-SA, and there were posters actually saying that OKC should blow up the team and rebuild around Kanter and Adams. Yikes!

The laugh is starting to turn onto the Jazz....When OKC faced the possibility of going down 3 gms to 1 gm ,who played the whole 4th quarter ,scored 9 pts and grabbing 4 rebounds.this is big time primetime.If Jazz fans are watching the playoffs then they see their #3 pick doing pretty well for another team.

the spurs will win the next two games, KD will still leave and Kanter will still be a lame duck in a crap team for years

The laugh is starting to turn onto the Jazz....When OKC faced the possibility of going down 3 gms to 1 gm ,who played the whole 4th quarter ,scored 9 pts and grabbing 4 rebounds.this is big time primetime.If Jazz fans are watching the playoffs then they see their #3 pick doing pretty well for another team.

Yup the joke is clearly on us.

We should have kept a player that didn't want to be here and openly admitted he wasn't really trying. Good call.

This thread is just an excuse to talk about Kanter in the Jazz forum instead of the general sports forum.

This thread is just an excuse to talk about Kanter in the Jazz forum instead of the general sports forum.

We have long allowed discussion about former Jazz players in the Jazz forum.

You act like Jazz fans wanted him gone and now we should all be devastated that he's had some success in OKC. Kanter WANTED to leave. The only mistake the Jazz made was to reward his sense of entitlement with a trade to a contender. It's too bad the Thunder didn't draft him in the first place. If this were his 3rd or 4th year in OKC, how happy do you think he'd be playing 20 min a night off the bench behind Adams?

. Kanter WANTED to leave. The only mistake the Jazz made was to reward his sense of entitlement with a trade to a contender.
Kanter was a 21/22 year old kid from Turkey,what kid tells a long established NBA team what they want to do and get what they want,especially a foreign kid. 23 yr old now and a 4th quarter player now for OKC ....who can go to the finals against GS if they win at home

I actually liked Kanter, but he wasn't a good fit because he was mis-managed early in his career. I personally advocated trading him (and Burke) before the season and turning the keys over to Rudy and Dante sooner. I wouldn't have traded him to OKC. I have issues with trading talent to rivals. As such, I probably would have taken less to send him to a team from the East. Milwaukee was one that was rumored to be interested in him. Probably would have gone that route.

Kanter was hated on here sexual favors and a couple others and me were the only ones sticking up for Kanter,with that came the name calling.well boys I DONT WANT TO SAY WE TOLD YOU SO BUT we told u so!

Kanter was hated on here sexual favors and a couple others and me were the only ones sticking up for Kanter,with that came the name calling.well boys I DONT WANT TO SAY WE TOLD YOU SO BUT we told u so!

What did you tell us exactly? That he'd show up in one of every four playoff games?

lol

What did you tell us exactly? That he'd show up in one of every four playoff games?
I liked Kanter, but there's no way I'd pay him as much as Hayward. Jazz should have gotten more for trading him, but make no mistake - Kanter doesn't move the needle. He's a 4th or 5th option with poor defense. There's NO way the Jazz could have afforded to sacrifice their financial flexibility to keep him if he wasn't going to be a core piece. If that team loses Durant, they are in a world of hurt. Especially if Wesbrook bolts for LA after that as many expect him to.

I actually liked Kanter, but he wasn't a good fit because he was mis-managed early in his career. I personally advocated trading him (and Burke) before the season and turning the keys over to Rudy and Dante sooner. I wouldn't have traded him to OKC. I have issues with trading talent to rivals. As such, I probably would have taken less to send him to a team from the East. Milwaukee was one that was rumored to be interested in him. Probably would have gone that route.

it's hard to imagine getting less than we got.

it's hard to imagine getting less than we got.

Between the shoulder and knee injuries, poor defense and trade demand - he just didn't have any value on the trade market. I wonder what Portland offered for him. I advocated trading him before the season began or (once Rudy had started to look amazing) to have him play all his minutes with Gobert to help him on defense and allow him to focus on offense and put up big numbers before they traded him.