What's new

Does Kanter start when he's back from injury?

Will Kanter start or be benched in favor of Gobert when he returns?

• Kanter starts

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Kanter gets benched

Votes: 35 57.4%

• Total voters
I don't understand it either. How can anyone have so much time on their hands, to the point where they are compelled to create multiple characters on a message board to troll strangers. I mean those are grown *** men in their 30s and 40s...

lol

"
In a comprehensive examination of their psychological profile, trolls were found to be more Machiavellian (impulsive and charming manipulators), psychopathic (cold, fearless and antisocial), and especially ****** than the overall population. Trolls enjoy harming and intimidating others, so much so that the authors of this study concluded that trolls are “prototypical everyday sadists”, and that trolling should be regarded as online sadism. "

Who that sound like mate?

"
In a comprehensive examination of their psychological profile, trolls were found to be more Machiavellian (impulsive and charming manipulators), psychopathic (cold, fearless and antisocial), and especially ****** than the overall population. Trolls enjoy harming and intimidating others, so much so that the authors of this study concluded that trolls are “prototypical everyday sadists”, and that trolling should be regarded as online sadism. "

I don't know? Is this a rhetorical question?

"

Jason Vorhees lad, if we leave now we'll have ourselves a cracka of a time while alive.

Kanter will come off the bench ,not benched because of Gobert wink wink bu because he needs to be brought back slowly after injury. Despit the Kanter haters that onyl see Favors and Gobert and no room for Kanter just don't get it. Keeping Kanter in a Jazz uniform is a smart thing, and its going to take some smarts on the Jazz to keep Kanter happy and the Price low as possible for a resign. Keeping these 3 bigs are a must, arguing over who starts doesnt matter. There is room and need for all 3 ,injuries, foul trouble, matchups and depth are all valid reasons,with a Booker cherry on top.

Kanter will come off the bench ,not benched because of Gobert wink wink bu because he needs to be brought back slowly after injury. Despit the Kanter haters that onyl see Favors and Gobert and no room for Kanter just don't get it. Keeping Kanter in a Jazz uniform is a smart thing, and its going to take some smarts on the Jazz to keep Kanter happy and the Price low as possible for a resign. Keeping these 3 bigs are a must, arguing over who starts doesnt matter. There is room and need for all 3 ,injuries, foul trouble, matchups and depth are all valid reasons,with a Booker cherry on top.

It is important. Kanter is going to need to be told and/or come to the realization that he's simply not starter material here. Maybe on a few ****ty teams in the league. But not here and not most other places as well.

When he comes back, I'd start Kanter for about 10-15 games, giving him a shot to prove his worth. We don't want to totally turn him off to what we are doing here so another chance is fair. It also helps with our semi-tank. When he doesn't, send him to the bench and hopefully no one makes him a big offer this off-season. Anything up to about 8.5-9M and I would probably match.

I think Kanter is starter material. It is just that he is on a team with other talented bigs.Kanter has a lot of room to get even better and in my opinion will be better than Favors when its all said and done.

Only problem with Kanter off the bench is that he does not match well with Booker. That lineup is under sized and poor defense. We need a long defensive backup C/PF to pair with Kanter next year if we sign him for a decent price.

Gobert is a starter in this league and should start for us.

If Kanter does not accept a bench role than we know he is not a good fit for us and we can trade him now or let him go. Next year Gobert and Favors are our starters.

I think Kanter is starter material. It is just that he is on a team with other talented bigs.Kanter has a lot of room to get even better and in my opinion will be better than Favors when its all said and done.

Kanter's defensive metrics are in the bottom 10% of the league. He's awful and I think we can all agree that teams win with defense. He is in no way, shape or form a starter on a championship contending team.

Only problem with Kanter off the bench is that he does not match well with Booker. That lineup is under sized and poor defense.

Could you just take gobert out sometime in the first quarter and bring in kanter with favors and play those two together until the end of the first...... then start the second quarter with gobert and kanter so favs can rest...... then send kanter to the bench in the middle of the second quarter and bring favors back in?

Could you just take gobert out sometime in the first quarter and bring in kanter with favors and play those two together until the end of the first...... then start the second quarter with gobert and kanter so favs can rest...... then send kanter to the bench in the middle of the second quarter and bring favors back in?

This... Gobert has earned the honor of starting. Bring kanter in after 6-8 minutes. Booker will end up playing a lot less... He'll have to deal with it.

Seems reasonable, I am not sure how Kanter feels about coming off the bench but my guess is not what he wants. This would be ideal for the team.

So the argument has switched to do we like booker or kanter as our third big now, right?

People say Kanter's defense is terrible

and then others say it's not as bad.

and then people say he ranks bottom 10% in defensive metrics.

what does he do wrong?

So the argument has switched to do we like booker or kanter as our third big now, right?
Mostly.
I still think kanter is a young solid big with room to grow and will have some head turning games that will change some minds.

But ya, favs and rudy will probably end up as better players. (I say probably because there is still a chance that kanter beasts hard)

People say Kanter's defense is terrible

and then others say it's not as bad.

and then people say he ranks bottom 10% in defensive metrics.

what does he do wrong?
He reads offense too slow which results in delayed reaction. His footwork is great for bigman - it's his reaction time on defense what is killing the Jazz throwing everyone off on rotations.
He is also inconsistent in how slow he is resulting in his teammates can't account for it. Sometimes he is good, sometimes terrible which makes some frustrated teammates.

He's not long either. Offensive players have no problem seeing over him. Favors and Gobert? Block even the sight of the basket.