What's new

Does Lauri Get Traded?

Does Lauri Get Dealt Before The Season Starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Warriors package with Podz and Moody far outweighs the Knicks package in my opinion.

Knicks gave up:

2 likely late 2025 firsts
27/29/31 unprotected firsts
28 pick swap
Bogey

Compare that to the potential Warriors offer:

26/28/30 firsts
25/27/29/31 super swaps
Podziemski
Moody

It's not even close IMO. This is why I'm on the "temper expectations" side of things.

The value of the super swaps in my opinion is what it would take to move up from the worst spot to the average spot the Warriors picks could be.

What is moving up 25th to 17th worth? What about 23rd to 14th? What about 30th to 24th? Etc.

Then there is the highest upside where it’s like any pick outside the lottery to 3rd.

The Warriors package with Podz and Moody far outweighs the Knicks package in my opinion.
Knicks gave up:

2 likely late 2025 firsts
27/29/31 unprotected firsts
28 pick swap
Bogey

Compare that to the potential Warriors offer:

26/28/30 firsts
25/27/29/31 super swaps
Podziemski
Moody
Uhhhhh, nahhhhhhhh. The Knicks package let them get control of their own picks back, it's not close. The Knicks package is better.

It's not even close IMO. This is why I'm on the "temper expectations" side of things.
That’s why I was saying we might let them keep their 2025 first and their seconds. Still walk away with 3 firsts and 3 swaps plus Podz.

How many teams finish in the bottom 8 who don't actually want to finis

Uhhhhh, nahhhhhhhh. The Knicks package let them get control of their own picks back, it's not close. The Knicks package is better.
Wait… what? That’s not a part of the package.

They got their own picks back but still gave up valuable picks.

I’m not sure how the Knicks package could be considered even close to the Warriors package.

What’s more valuable:

2 late 2025 firsts
2028 pick swap

or

4 super swaps

Then you add in Podz/Moody over Bogey. It’s not even close seriously.

That’s why I was saying we might let them keep their 2025 first and their seconds. Still walk away with 3 firsts and 3 swaps plus Podz.

I think that's reasonable and it reflects Shams reporting. For GSW it's all the picks w/o Podz or Podz + some of the picks.

Moody was not mentioned but a similar calculation is likely being done on him as well.

I’m not sure how the Knicks package could be considered even close to the Warriors package.

What’s more valuable:

2 late 2025 firsts
2028 pick swap

or

4 super swaps

Then you add in Podz/Moody over Bogey. It’s not even close seriously.
small amendment... 3 super swaps and 1 regular swap. Also, if we are considering the 25 picks that Brooklyn got as later firsts already then we should consider the 25 super swap as not much value.

I don't disagree the GS package is better especially with Podz. Once you remove Podz its similar in value.

And look I think you have to look at the situations. Bridges is a role player in a bigger role in Brooklyn. Once they were able to get their picks back and once he went to them and said he wanted to go... they moved him for a haul to the place he wanted to go. If Lauri wants to extend and wants to be here... our situation is different. Not every star wants to be here... so the calculus is different imo to "make us move".

I think Podz has the same or better chance at becoming an all-star as Sexton did/does. I think he could be a big ****ing deal and there's a reason the Warriors and Jazz have both designated him as must-have in the deal.

And if I wasn't clear, uhh, this is in the godfather class of offers. This is a bit short of the Mitchell/Gobert deals which is insane since he was in one of the deals and - I cannot stress this enough - an expiring contract (and is more problematic to move on a max deal).
Ya so no allstar. Lol

Sooo, I tried to run the Warriors deal through the trade machine (ESPN), and it says even Podz + Moody + Looney isn't enough. Is that because it doesn't include the Klay S&T, or will it actually be difficult to find a trade that works salary-wise (without Kuminga)?

Sooo, I tried to run the Warriors deal through the trade machine (ESPN), and it says even Podz + Moody + Looney isn't enough. Is that because it doesn't include the Klay S&T, or will it actually be difficult to find a trade that works salary-wise (without Kuminga)?
That trade actually works just fine. The Warriors are 743K under the first apron and this trade would add 721K to their salary.

GP2 + Moody + Podz works as well.

Reactions: hgb
If we take Shams word as truth, I will say that GSW are much more delulu than Jazz fans. It’s not close. There’s like a Bridges type package difference in expectations from the fanbases lol.

If we take Shams word as truth, I will say that GSW are much more delulu than Jazz fans. It’s not close. There’s like a Bridges type package difference in expectations from the fanbases lol.
You mean Podz and two firsts isn’t enough?

I think the 3 way with TOR is an interesting thought. It’s somewhat unclear if JK is not the focus because GSW wants him badly or UTA does not like him…but TOR is a team that would obviously want him. His name is Kuminga!

It’s another pathway to a trade if Podz is not in the deal. I like Podz and think he’s worth a lot, think he’s inherently more valuable to a team in the Warriors situation so he could be hard to get.

Anyone given thought to the possibility we trade him and then just sign him back again?

I’m 80% joking.

There are lots of reasons why this never happens.

For the sake of our picks (if we make the trade) then I would mostly care that Lauri just doesn't sign with GSW next off season.

Back