What's new

Does Lauri Get Traded?

Does Lauri Get Dealt Before The Season Starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really don't know why I'm keeping this thread alive, but GSW might be kind of dumb to let go of Podz. He had the highest net rating of any of their main rotation players last year. If they lose Podz they'll also be furthering their loss of their highest AST% players, with Paul, Saric, and Podz being 3 of their top 5 AST% rotation players.

I really don't know why I'm keeping this thread alive, but GSW might be kind of dumb to let go of Podz. He had the highest net rating of any of their main rotation players last year. If they lose Podz they'll also be furthering their loss of their highest AST% players, with Paul, Saric, and Podz being 3 of their top 5 AST% rotation players.
SHHHHHHHHH... don't tell them. They need to keep Kuminga. Who cares that he gets expensive and Podz is cheap and really good for several years and provides something they desperately need. JK is the sacred cow in this negotiation... We allow them to keep him and "settle" for Podz and Moody and all teh picks.

SHHHHHHHHH... don't tell them. They need to keep Kuminga. Who cares that he gets expensive and Podz is cheap and really good for several years and provides something they desperately need. JK is the sacred cow in this negotiation... We allow them to keep him and "settle" for Podz and Moody and all teh picks.
If DA can hold out until Kuminga gets included, he could end up being a valuable asset in his own right. Let him roll as a #1 option on a tanking team, and then flip him at the deadline.

If DA can hold out until Kuminga gets included, he could end up being a valuable asset in his own right. Let him roll as a #1 option on a tanking team, and then flip him at the deadline.
I’m just not sure that helps Kumingas value. I’m not sure what it is about his game that makes people think he just needs to cook. Get him if you can but I might recycle him immediately if we got him and someone was a big fan of his.

I’m just not sure that helps Kumingas value. I’m not sure what it is about his game that makes people think he just needs to cook. Get him if you can but I might recycle him immediately if we got him and someone was a big fan of his.
Or we just keep him and let him cook. He’s really good and young.

Or we just keep him and let him cook. He’s really good and young.
What about his game makes people think we should let him cook? Like what is JK good at that GS is holding him back from realizing?

What about his game makes people think we should let him cook? Like what is JK good at that GS is holding him back from realizing?
Minutes and shots?

Opportunity?

16.1 PPG on 11.6 FGA in just 26.3 MPG

Averaged 4.0 FTA per game in limited minutes

We can have good players we don’t have to trade every single good player we might get.

Minutes and shots?

Opportunity?

16.1 PPG on 11.6 FGA in just 26.3 MPG

Averaged 4.0 FTA per game in limited minutes

We can have good players we don’t have to trade every single good player we might get.
I mean they gave him minutes and would have likely played him more if they thought it was helpful. Same thing with opportunities. It isn't like they don't need more creators there or have Harden dominating the ball.

We don't have to trade him. I just think that some may like him more than what he really is.

John Collins is 5 years older and doesn’t have the same game or bag that Kuminga has.

That might be one of the weirdest comparisons I’ve ever heard from you.
Age 21 season - Player A Per 36 - 22 pts, 6.6 rebs, 3 ast - 53/32/75 shooting splits.

Age 21 season - Player B per 36 - 23.4 pts, 11.7 rebs, 2.4 ast - 56/35/76 shooting splits.

John Collins age 21 season will stack up very well against almost any young player.
Simply presenting why I would make that comparison... age 22 season was even better for JC. It isn't far off his career averages. There are some differences between the two but they are similar in many ways. Tweeners, not great defenders, not really guys you just throw the ball to... also the extension conundrum. You sign them thinking there is some serious growth coming and really they aren't super scalable.

22/12/2 on 66%TS

These are actually just his per36 numbers since Jan 1.
I think that's the thing JC > JK but JK looks like he does and is 21 so he is brimming with potential... whereas John is a tweener who puts up empty stats and no one wants him.

I think that's the thing JC > JK but JK looks like he does and is 21 so he is brimming with potential... whereas John is a tweener who puts up empty stats and no one wants him.

We don’t have to dig this conversation up, but I do think you have a blindspot when it comes to JK. You may not personally like him, but especially when it comes to things like trade value you’ve got to understand that other opinions exist. I thought RJ Barrett was **** when he was in the trade rumors, but I could understand that he carried a lot of trade value. My personal opinion of Barrett means nothing for his trade value.

JK is 21 and just came off a great season. There’s a reason why JC got the contract he did, it’s because when younger players play great people expect them to get better. John Collins did not, but people are always going to be excited about a young, talented wing who produces at a high level. John Collins isn’t even a wing, but when the fair comparison would be thinking about what people thought of Collins when he was 21 producing like that, not when he’s 26 and coming off one of his worst seasons. John’s 21 year old self has a completely different valuation than his 26 year old self.

We don’t have to dig this conversation up, but I do think you have a blindspot when it comes to JK. You may not personally like him, but especially when it comes to things like trade value you’ve got to understand that other opinions exist. I thought RJ Barrett was **** when he was in the trade rumors, but I could understand that he carried a lot of trade value. My personal opinion of Barrett means nothing for his trade value.

JK is 21 and just came off a great season. There’s a reason why JC got the contract he did, it’s because when younger players play great people expect them to get better. John Collins did not, but people are always going to be excited about a young, talented wing who produces at a high level. John Collins isn’t even a wing, but when the fair comparison would be thinking about what people thought of Collins when he was 21 producing like that, not when he’s 26 and coming off one of his worst seasons. John’s 21 year old self has a completely different valuation than his 26 year old self.
I do understand. I literally was asking. What sort of wing things does he do... what does "letting him cook" look like. What is GS doing that is holding him back? I simply am asking... what is this guy good at that gives you hope he has some AS potential vs. being a guy who puts up good stats but the production is less than his contribution to winning. Similar to JC (current and past).

JK is not a wing. He's a 4. Plays more time as a small ball big than as a wing. JK may have more ability on defense than Collins so maybe that makes a big difference.

Back