What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

Dang…Chilling!

(If you run into the Times paywall, there is a link to a free copy within this summary:https://boingboing.net/2023/07/17/t...-to-make-him-a-dictator-reports-ny-times.html)

“Donald J. Trump and his allies are planning a sweeping expansion of presidential power over the machinery of government if voters return him to the White House in 2025, reshaping the structure of the executive branch to concentrate far greater authority directly in his hands.

Their plans to centralize more power in the Oval Office stretch far beyond the former president’s recent remarks that he would order a criminal investigation into his political rival, President Biden, signaling his intent to end the post-Watergate norm of Justice Department independence from White House political control.

Mr. Trump and his associates have a broader goal: to alter the balance of power by increasing the president’s authority over every part of the federal government that now operates, by either law or tradition, with any measure of independence from political interference by the White House, according to a review of his campaign policy proposals and interviews with people close to him.

Mr. Trump intends to bring independent agencies — like the Federal Communications Commission, which makes and enforces rules for television and internet companies, and the Federal Trade Commission, which enforces various antitrust and other consumer protection rules against businesses — under direct presidential control.”

Last edited:
Stop The Steal!

Dang…Chilling!

(If you run into the Times paywall, there is a link to a free copy within this summary:https://boingboing.net/2023/07/17/t...-to-make-him-a-dictator-reports-ny-times.html)

“Donald J. Trump and his allies are planning a sweeping expansion of presidential power over the machinery of government if voters return him to the White House in 2025, reshaping the structure of the executive branch to concentrate far greater authority directly in his hands.

Their plans to centralize more power in the Oval Office stretch far beyond the former president’s recent remarks that he would order a criminal investigation into his political rival, President Biden, signaling his intent to end the post-Watergate norm of Justice Department independence from White House political control.

Mr. Trump and his associates have a broader goal: to alter the balance of power by increasing the president’s authority over every part of the federal government that now operates, by either law or tradition, with any measure of independence from political interference by the White House, according to a review of his campaign policy proposals and interviews with people close to him.

Mr. Trump intends to bring independent agencies — like the Federal Communications Commission, which makes and enforces rules for television and internet companies, and the Federal Trade Commission, which enforces various antitrust and other consumer protection rules against businesses — under direct presidential control.”
It’s not just Donald who wants to do this, it’s DeSantis too. He’s already done it in Florida where he’s fired experts and other non-partisan state employees and has replaced them with political allies. This is what’s been done repeatedly in authoritarian regimes across the world. Until this political party decides to recommit to democracy, they should be kept out of power at all costs.

Yes, he did rape her.

“The finding that Ms. Carroll failed to prove that she was ‘raped’ within the meaning of the New York Penal Law does not mean that she failed to prove that Mr. Trump ‘raped’ her as many people commonly understand the word ‘rape,’ ” Kaplan wrote.
He added: “Indeed, as the evidence at trial recounted below makes clear, the jury found that Mr. Trump in fact did exactly that.”

The leader of the Republican Party!

What crimes doesn’t he commit?

Stop The Steal!
Those idiots learning about the “finding out” party after they ****ed around.

Lock their asses up! Don’t commit the crime if you don’t want to serve the time.

Apparently they met at GOP headquarters in Michigan to organize this. That’s… disturbing. I think persecuting these idiots will force other states to follow since this happened in Arizona, Georgia, and Wisconsin I believe. I’d love to know who paid for all of this? Those folks need to be prosecuted too.

More crimes

Also, I love how he destroyed a server with classified docs on it. It’s just chef’s kiss after hearing he and Hannity whine for years over Hillary supposedly smashing servers and using bleach or something.

Lock him up!

Found this to be helpful:
View attachment 14937
The funny thing is that he may likely be the presumptive GOP nominee when the verdict in the docs case is issued. If he is AND if he is found guilty, that's going to give Democrats an automatic win for the Presidency. I would also assume such a thing will suppress traditional GOP votes (non-MAGA) and MAGA votes alike, so the down ballot candidates in the GOP will be toast in anything close to a toss-up.

I'm not counting chickens, though. That's all a long way off and basically anything could happen, including Trump having a great trial and sailing into the White House snubbing his nose at all his doubters. If that happens I'm moving to Canada or the UK or wherever I can find work that will take me.

More indictments for Trump. His poll numbers will rise accordingly.

While I love that the trolls were removed, I do wish we had a conservative voice in here that wasn't over the top and abusive.

Reactions: Red
More indictments for Trump. His poll numbers will rise accordingly.

While I love that the trolls were removed, I do wish we had a conservative voice in here that wasn't over the top and abusive.
Why? How would a conservative voice differ from a liberal one with the indictments that came down today?

Is there a conservative argument that would defend/excuse Trump’s behavior in late 2020 and early 2021?

It’s a pretty damning indictment on our corporate media, toxic social media, and decadent society that this guy could do all the things we know he did, including an attempted overthrow of our government, and still remain the leader of the GOP and potential president for 2025. The indictment on page 30 details a conversation where he hoped that Pence would stall out the certification and he’d invoke the Insurrection Act to use the military to quell any protests. This man is an evil man who cannot be allowed to have power again.
IMG_0599.png

Just what a terrible indictment of our pathetic corporate News and social media that value outrage, clicks, conspiracy, and algorithms that benefit providing cover for Trump while pushing decency, fact based reality, and democracy away.

Again, the peace and prosperity that Democrats and normal Republican leadership in America have provided for decades for its citizenship has now become one of its greatest enemies. Too many Americans are bored with modernity. Life is just too easy. They’re in desperate search for meaning and they’re finding it in all the worst causes. Transphobia, book banning, and authoritarianism. We’re seeing this same plague across most other stable democracies too. The peace and prosperity in this Post Cold War life has become liberal democracy’s greatest threat.

View: https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1685335614470705153?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw
Trump could croak tomorrow. But that doesn’t change the fact that 30-40 percent of the electorate is just gone. Their brains have been rotted out by the 24/7 hr news-cycle, Fox News propaganda, social media junk, garbage church leaders, and boredom from modernity. They’ll jump onto the bandwagon of the next demagogue that gives license to their worst instincts.

I’m not too hopeful for liberal democracy in the long-term. I think Biden still wins in 2024. But we have so many issues and nearly half the electorate is dedicated to making them all worse because they find entertainment and fulfillment in destroying the freedoms and prosperity that liberal democracy provides for them.

Last edited:
Why? How would a conservative voice differ from a liberal one with the indictments that came down today?

Is there a conservative argument that would defend/excuse Trump’s behavior in late 2020 and early 2021?
Because having zero representation from other parts of the political spectrum is the exact definition of an echo chamber.

I like to learn, to understand and to challenge my own assumptions. There is a valid perspective that is not the same as yours. There are actually many valid perspectives that are different than yours.

Besides that I've always believed in the adage:

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.​

I like to learn, to understand and to challenge my own assumptions. There is a valid perspective that is not the same as yours. There are actually many valid perspectives that are different than yours.

Besides that I've always believed in the adage:
Right. I agree.

But I don’t see how there’s a different take from a conservative to liberal view on these indictments. You either break the law or don’t.

Also, are you and LG no longer considered conservatives?

I don’t like the idea that I felt was insinuated (and could’ve been mistaken) that in order to be conservative you have to defend Trump’s ****. We still have conservatives on this site. But the Overton window has shifted so far to the right that unless you’re a Nick Fuentes groyper downing horse dewormer bashing LGBTs and clamoring about the benefits of slavery and sniffing Trump’s jock, you’re now considered a RINO cuck liberal.

For what it’s worth, The indictments today are being praised by liberals and conservatives in my social media feeds in very much the same way.

Last edited:
Because having zero representation from other parts of the political spectrum is the exact definition of an echo chamber.
Are you no longer conservative?

I love how conservatives on this site that have become anti trump are now no longer considered conservative. It’s interesting to watch. Maybe it’s because I’m too old here and remember what many of you were like pre-Trump. Perhaps The board merely appears liberal because conservatives on here are now considered liberal for not sucking Trump’s ****? Perhaps it appears devoid of conservative voices because the conservative voices have decided to be anti Trump and pro democracy rather than RW trolls/cultists?

I don’t like conservativism being synonymous with being a Trump fluffer.

Last edited:
Back