What's new

Donovan and Rudy selected last for all-stars

The funny part is that LeBron teammates are notorious for not wanting to play with him. Ky-rie...

Also, this Jazz team seems to enjoy playing kickball basketball together.

Demanding respect and yet not being willing to give it. He's a reeeeeeal duche - Nacho

Zlatan was right. ;)
You named one player...

Makes sense. Most of the league hates Rudy and think he's overrated. I think Utah's success makes them hate him more, because to them it's unexplainable BS. I mean, he's the super tall goofy guy who can't even score the ball himself. He's the opposite of what they have idolized growing up and it confuses them. It's why players largely suck as GMs and coaches, player analysis of another player largely boils down to "Who would win in a 1 v 1". I expect it more from KD. I think Lebron is just trolling tbh because he is way smarter than that.

Lebron is Klutch Sports, aka the agency that reps Ben Simmons, so he probably isnt super fond of Donovan either. Donovan also isn't of that star generation. He's going to be more chummy with the likes of Tatum/Brown/Morant/Young/Murray/Etc.

Last edited:
The disrespect is annoying, but it's only going to make winning sweeter. At the end of the day I wouldn't waste too much energy on it as a fan. The NBA media ****ing sucks dick and it's way too regressive in efforts to appeal to the casual fanbase that cares about narratives, drama, and highlights.

Utah needs a stronger PR department. They need to figure out how to get their players National Media attention. OKC did it with Durant and Westbrook. Spurs did it with Robinson and Duncan. Utah should invest money in this, like a billboard of Mitchell in Times Square. It will help to recruit and keep players and fans. Adidas is doing it’s part with Mitchell, but unless Utah figures out how to make their players into stars they will always be the last pick.
It's called win rings. If Duncan never got rings, he would have gotten disrespected too because his style is boring to the casual fan. Winning is the only undeniable thing.

Durant/Westbrook are exciting players that casual fans like. IT's got nothing to do with PR.

It's called win rings. If Duncan never got rings, he would have gotten disrespected too because his style is boring to the casual fan. Winning is the only undeniable thing.

Durant/Westbrook are exciting players that casual fans like. IT's got nothing to do with PR.
It has SOMETHING to do with PR.

Yet his team is not even in the playoff hunt. What ever happened to winning being part of the decision when deciding who gets the attention or awards. The Jazz have always been disrespected in the media, and players. I watch ESPN after Jazz games and the majority of times they show more highlights of the other team than the Jazz even when the Jazz win. Most recently, They showed LaMelo highlights when his team lost by 20 pts. I just shook my head and said Nothing ever changes. People forget that Quin is the coach. I would laugh if he played Rudy over the starter at the end of a close game. I am actually a little glad this happened because it will just bring the team together and motivate DM and Rudy even more.
A. His team is in the playoff hunt. Tied for the 8th spot.

B. The all star game is an individual award rather than a team award and has always been that way.

C. Lavine is averaging 29 points on 52.5% from the field, 43.5% from 3, and 86% from the line, plus 5 assists and 5 rebounds.
Those numbers aren't ok or pretty good, they are amazing. He is playing as good as any player in the league.
I do agree that his teammates aren't very good though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Do you think this has anything to do with the tirade about the calls last night? I try not to be a conspiracy theorist believer but what if the NBA told them to pick that way because of it.
I don't think it would be that blatant, but I can see them sitting back individually or even calling each other and saying "bunch of *******, just take what's coming to you. hey let's show them by picking them dead last". The way they acted in the interview makes me think strongly that they colluded in this. It was not just each of them going "hey imagine that you picked them last too". They laughed with each other like they knew exactly what they were doing.

If you watched the draft last night you could see the idiotic disregard for the two Utah players. Charles Barkley even screamed at LeBum: "You say you want size so you pick six foot two Sabonis over seven foot five Gobert????" All LeBum could do was laugh.

Clearly the two Utah guys were not going to be picked. I could understand Gobert not being wanted - even an outsider like me a thousand miles away can sense the guy is not the most likeable guy on his team, let alone the league. And his Covid antics sure didn't help that. He'll never be able to put that behind him.

But Mitchell? The disrespect from LeBum and KD (and Shaq in that infamous interview) is puzzling. You are Jazz fans, explain it. Why doesn't Mitchell fit in with the huge clique that is the NBA? Hell, our All Star Julius Randle is already part of the in-gang. He is respected by the NBA elites. But Donovan? I never hear love for that guy from the league's players.

Look, do I want to see more Jazz games on national TV? YES!!!!! I love the style of play -- team ball over hero ball. I love the defensive big man...not the seven footer heaving threes thinking he's Steph Curry (Porzingis anyone?). When playoffs start in the West I root for Melo's Blazers and the Jazz. Two teams that play the best brand of b-ball. I truly don't get the lack of love and support the players and the team gets.

Like a few have mentioned All Star week has become a disaster
Team captains and all star draft have backfired
Instead of an honor to be picked they have made it embarrassing for the players
It has created hard feelings and terrible PR
Everything out of every ones mouth is ridiculous

No, they both need to play better as well. Bogie isnt going to be a good defender. But he is shooting really well the last couple games and not turning the ball over.

Mitchell was bad at the end of clutch games, that has to change. Traditionally Mitchell has been pretty good in the clutch but not this year. His net rating in the last 5 minutes of games where we are within 5 points is -7 and he is shooting nm 28% from the floor and 20% from 3 in those situations this year. Its impossible to win close games with your main offensive player performing like that. Our team as a whole is pretty bad here. Mitchell has been really inefficient as well lately. In the clutch Mitchell has taken 35 shots and made only 10. The rest of our team has only shot 36 times, they made 19 of theirs. Gobert has been great at times but he has also got destroyed by some bigs. He needs to play better as well.

Ultimately Gobert and Mitchell are the ones to carry us in the playoffs. The other players matter less in the playoffs.
The thing is, when we play to our strengths, move the ball, involve everyone, and everyone plays in the flow of the offense, as long as we are also working our defensive game plan, we are insanely difficult, if not virtually impossible, to beat. It is most often when we get into hero ball or the other team flusters us enough that we start doing isos that we fall apart. QS needs to get them to play their game, keep them engaged in the plan. Remember "how many times are we going to pass before we shoot? FOUR!! Right, four!" And if they don't, then sit their *** down.

The times we would actually need Donovan to go "bubble Donovan" on anyone should be very minimal. And I sure hope he is up to the task when he does. 0-10 at the end of the game doesn't help.

I think a lot of this has to do with Ingles often not closing games anymore. Ingles makes his teammates better
I absolutely believe Ingles should be our regular closer, and only close with Bogey depending on matchups. Ingles brings more to the table, and right now anyway, a better 3 pt shot. I think Bogey is more consistent of a threat than Ingles on the offensive end, but he doesn't have the full package that Ingles does. I don't get why he doesn't close more. I am convinced we would have won at least one more game this year if he had been the closer.

Hopefully we will get rested Jingles, Conley and Bojan can keep his shooting groove after the break so we're able to secure #1 seed.
After the scandal that was the last game we'll get better officiating in regular season.

That being said, who do we want to face in 1st round?

"Hey Lebron, meet your All Star team coach.... Oh, and you'll be backing up Sabonis tonight. We need more passing."

tenor.gif
I wish QS would do something like this, but this is a players league, not a teams league or coaches league, so LBJ will just step in and coach for QS. I would not be surprised to see LBJ have his own huddles at time outs and shut QS out entirely.

Man the league has become a cesspool of entitled douchenozzle ****nuts. Makes it almost unwatchable. Flopping for fouls, treating people like ****, star treatment from the refs extending to entire teams now, not just players. The NBA money machine might be really strong, and the players enjoy unprecedented popularity due largely to social media, and they get paid more than ever before, but the quality of the product is falling and there is no sign of it improving.

IMO it is the giant salaries that is pushing the quality down. They are kings among men, not just well-compensated athletes anymore. Give a man a million dollars and he will be grateful and give back. Give him 100 mill and he will expect to be given everything.

Hopefully we will get rested Jingles, Conley and Bojan can keep his shooting groove after the break so we're able to secure #1 seed.
After the scandal that was the last game we'll get better officiating in regular season.

That being said, who do we want to face in 1st round?
I would want to face the Blazers personally. Maybe the Mavs but they are a bit of a wildcard and the league is marketing Luka really really hard so I could see another Sixers-esque fiasco in that series.

Makes sense. Most of the league hates Rudy and think he's overrated. I think Utah's success makes them hate him more, because to them it's unexplainable BS. I mean, he's the super tall goofy guy who can't even score the ball himself. He's the opposite of what they have idolized growing up and it confuses them. It's why players largely suck as GMs and coaches, player analysis of another player largely boils down to "Who would win in a 1 v 1". I expect it more from KD. I think Lebron is just trolling tbh because he is way smarter than that.

Lebron is Klutch Sports, aka the agency that reps Ben Simmons, so he probably isnt super fond of Donovan either. Donovan also isn't of that star generation. He's going to be more chummy with the likes of Tatum/Brown/Morant/Young/Murray/Etc.
The highlighted part is what makes it extra awesome when Gobert gets a 20/20 games. The team should do all they can to get him 20 points every night, then what would anyone be able to say? "Yeah, he has no moves...uh, he is averaging 20 ppg....uh, but he has no moves...uh"

Buncha *******s.

I would want to face the Blazers personally. Maybe the Mavs but they are a bit of a wildcard and the league is marketing Luka really really hard so I could see another Sixers-esque fiasco in that series.
I have the same feeling about Luka, league loves marketing and he is very marketable and they would profit with a 1st round upset. But right now, the way KP is playing they stand 0% chance against a healthy Jazz in a 7-game series.

Btw all this all-star drama and the disrespect with Jazz. We could actually benefit from that from a marketing standpoint, the organization just needs to know how to use it. Transform: Shaq vs. Donovan, All-stars vs. Donovan & Rudy, Refs vs. Donovan into Media vs. Jazz, All-stars vs. Jazz, Refs vs. Jazz narrative. Release an oficial video with all that disrespect consolidated and amplified. LB and KD laughing, Shaq interview, all the coments in the big media about Jazz being a fraud, all the most absurd bs calls from Bulls series to the last 76ers game (no all of them, we don't want a 3 hours video). It has to be oficial. Ryan Smith could even pay for comercial time during all-star game to make it more impactful.