What's new

Donovan Mitchell - CRT and Off Court Racial Issues were Draining

What I took from the article is that the journalist really wanted to drive the mail that utah and Salt Lake City are so much worst than the rest of the nba franchise cities. I’ve lived in Midvale, UT as well as Vegas and I live currently in a little spot in South Carolina. I understand Mitchell feeling isolated off the court in Utah because the culture and faces there are very different than where I live currently or where he is from. I laughed a bit about the cop quote cause if he knew what some of the cops have done to my buddies out here…
All in all I think he is finally venting a bit. People need to realize that he was part of this relationship that soured too. He has a right to feel slighted as do some fans. Goes both ways. I do feel that the guy that wrote the article is super biased in painting a bad view of utah.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
I have heard so much racial negativity in comments made, when people didn't know or otherwise care I could hear them. I am convinced its a people problem, a parent problem, and a friends problem, not a location problem. It may always be harder for the general public to hide their true feelings about racial divides, when outspoken members of one race, try to make it a point of emphasis , as if the general population had a choice aboit who they are identified with based on their race alone.

Be nice if Donovan wouldn't paint Utah in such a soiled light, or just not paint it at all.

Helps us on the free agent front, not at all.

Just shut up and dribble.

Be nice if Donovan wouldn't paint Utah in such a soiled light, or just not paint it at all.

Helps us on the free agent front, not at all.

Just shut up and dribble.
That last sentence would probably be why he thinks all SLC residents that are not black, have racism in the veins.
Truth is loose use of dumb phrases known to be racist never help they always hurt

Racial injustice and inequality exist world wide. It’s a nasty truth.

You just replied to your own comment. That's a thing? I am not voicing an opinion on what you said, but in all these years, I never even tried and cannot imagine why I ever would do that. That is like arguing with yourself publicly.

You just replied to your own comment. That's a thing? I am not voicing an opinion on what you said, but in all these years, I never even tried and cannot imagine why I ever would do that. That is like arguing with yourself publicly.
Clearly you’re not familiar with thee Jazz fan.

Making up quotes to support your bias is evidence of delusions. I was pretty vocal about wanting to move DM, but I don't hate him. Lots of people prefer to live other places for various reasons. Some have leverage. Some don't. Let him live his life on his terms and don't let your feelers get hurt because he doesn't cherish your chosen land.
Making up quotes lol? I’m sorry I’m not taking the time to go copy and paste exact quotes. He said what he said. Twist and turn if you want to for him. He can live his life just fine, he can also shut his mouth about Utah and move on himself. What is this the 5th time he’s mentioned it in the first 2 and a half months of the season?

No reason to address you about anything. You need to make anything close to a point besides foaming at the mouth. Goodbye for now though, I am sure you will be back again to post about your ex crush Mitchell again later.

If you ever decide to be a Jazz fan feel free to stick around and post about the team.
Because you can’t.
No but most the fan base got very racist when he stopped coming to summer BBQ. I’m sure Donovan felt like the main dude on “Get Out” thankfully he did and now he’s thriving
Another thing. He didn’t actually do this. He used a pic at a 4th of July BBQ at a Real Estate agents house he was invited to and used it as “a random BBQ”. He’s fraudulent.

Countering racism is not racism, and accepting racism without fighting it is not a solution to racism.
Essentially stating the fanbase is too white is racism. Now go f*** yourself with your rationalizations for racism.
1. A belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2. the systemic oppression of a racial group to the social, economic, and political advantage of another

An African American can be racist under definition 1 but not under 2.

It truly is a semantic issue.

The arguments for donovan being racist under definition 1 are lame, since he never expressed or implied that his race was superior.
He did imply it. But say he didn’t.

People are complicated, and often feel/express conflicting emotions at the same time or nearly the same time. Some simple-minded nimrods take this as disingenuousness, as opposed to normal human behavior.
How about faking viral random BBQ posts?….is that complicated? Or genuine?
Why not both?
because you don’t both feel so taxed by all the white people and then ask to stay when it’s wide open for a trade. They are totally contradictory statements and sentiments.

Racism is so American, that when you protest it, people think you are protesting America. Let that sink in.
Any other social media platitudes you wanna enlighten us with?

What I took from the article is that the journalist really wanted to drive the mail that utah and Salt Lake City are so much worst than the rest of the nba franchise cities. I’ve lived in Midvale, UT as well as Vegas and I live currently in a little spot in South Carolina. I understand Mitchell feeling isolated off the court in Utah because the culture and faces there are very different than where I live currently or where he is from. I laughed a bit about the cop quote cause if he knew what some of the cops have done to my buddies out here…
All in all I think he is finally venting a bit. People need to realize that he was part of this relationship that soured too. He has a right to feel slighted as do some fans. Goes both ways. I do feel that the guy that wrote the article is super biased in painting a bad view of utah.

The cop thing has to be the weakest example I’ve ever read. There isn’t a person on this forum who hasn’t dealt with a cop giving them attitude. When that’s your prime example of what you dealt with….

Someone is getting real desperate here. As usual not a good look Mr/Mrs @oneye towards Donovan. It's a safe assumption it's one brown eye with the smell these posts are giving off.
Weird, you can reply but you can’t address anything at all….and PS, I’ve been spot on on the dude, but you keep the BS replies of nothingness going.

Weird, you can reply but you can’t address anything at all….and PS, I’ve been spot on on the dude, but you keep the BS replies of nothingness going.
I've addressed everything from you that matters.

Ready to let actual Jazz fans back to their team? Or you want to keep up this pity party about your breakup going?

We got a great return for Gobert and also Mitchell. Want to talk about those players or draft picks? Probably not since you're only here for one reason as usual. Carry on...

That last sentence would probably be why he thinks all SLC residents that are not black, have racism in the veins.
Truth is loose use of dumb phrases known to be racist never help they always hurt
Donovan is spewing bigotry that only perpetuates negative stereotypes of Utahans. His personal anecdotes don't add up to much but him going public with it moves society backwards. He should shut up and dribble and since he or no one else outside of here will read that, what will it matter.

I for one won't be cheering for that bigot in sheep's clothing when he returns.

Sent from my SM-T970 using JazzFanz mobile app

Donovan is spewing bigotry that only perpetuates negative stereotypes of Utahans. His personal anecdotes don't add up to much but him going public with it moves society backwards. He should shut up and dribble and since he or no one else outside of here will read that, what will it matter.

The old "Do as I say, not as I do" strategy.

eveyone is racist sometimes, but most people don't whine about it unless its a long term problem. SOunds like you got deeper issues. He must have felt it was or he would not have said what he did. Just accept he feels the way he does and stop trying to make it seem as if anyone is really going to care what he said 2 months from now. They wont care how you felt about his words 2 days from now

eveyone is racist sometimes, but most people don't whine about it unless its a long term problem. SOunds like you got deeper issues. He must have felt it was or he would not have said what he did. Just accept he feels the way he does and stop trying to make it seem as if anyone is really going to care what he said 2 months from now. They wont care how you felt about his words 2 days from now
I believe you are attacking the wrong person. I've never wanted to quiet anyone for the color of their skin, race, sex or religious belief. I said what I said about Donovan because he is spewing hatred and has a large following on social media. His words are meaningful to a lot of people. You're wrong to dismiss their affect. He doesn't deserve to be cheered when he returns here.

Are you really equating the damage done by what I said to what Donovan said? Man, you are missing the forest for the tree.

Because you are a nobody on the Interwebz you can spew your opinion, but DM can't express his because he has a larger audience/voice that may expose your historically racist little world and damage your little false vision, he can't? That's the "forest for the tree"? Let me guess, you are all about free speech, as long as you approve what is said?

Because you are a nobody on the Interwebz you can spew your opinion, but DM can't express his because he has a larger audience/voice that may expose your historically racist little world and damage your little false vision, he can't? That's the "forest for the tree"? Let me guess, you are all about free speech, as long as you approve what is said?
My historically racist little world? Care to explain?

And you sure are making a mountain about what I said, but not about what Donovan said. Why is that?

I believe you are attacking the wrong person. I've never wanted to quiet anyone for the color of their skin, race, sex or religious belief. I said what I said about Donovan because he is spewing hatred and has a large following on social media. His words are meaningful to a lot of people. You're wrong to dismiss their affect. He doesn't deserve to be cheered when he returns here.

say what you will, but a lot of players try to make it seem as if they wanted something to happen after the fact, based on reasons outside of basketball, so as to minimize their own failures on the court. Everyone knows the Don Rudy blowup was the best play for Danny to make. No one person really cares that much about one mans opinion of a city, especially given its just his opinion and not a proven fact. We won't see fruit from the deal with CLE for a couple seasons probably outside of some small victories. Overall I don't care what he said at all, everyone has opinions , and his is just yet another take by another athlete who thinks his words have more meaning because of his following. People need to think for themselves