What's new

Donovan Mitchell is the next Rose, Wall, Westbrook... -Cowherd

dipship31

Says Donovan won't be successful cause he can't shoot, then goes on to say this is why Tatum / Simmons will be better.....

He's soooo stupid. Cowherd, please stop discussing basketball. You don't know what you are talking about.

Signed, basketball fans everywhere

Oh no, not MVP Rose! The horror!
yeah, two MVPs and a perennial all-star. that would be awful. also, just from a shooting standpoint, the difference between Mitchell and all three is that Mitchell has a pure stroke. None of the three has a bad shooting stroke, but they aren't pure in terms of being able to hit consistently from three.

Donovan Mitchell who "can't shoot" and "has to drive to the rim to be successful" attempted 7.0 of his 17.2 shot attempts per game from 3. And broke the record for 3 pointers made by a rookie.

John Wall in his rookie year shot 29.6% from 3 on 1.7 attempts per game
Derrick Rose in his rookie year shot 22.2% from 3 on 0.9 attempts per game
Russell Westbrook in his rookie year shot 27.1% from 3 on 1.6 attempts per game
DM was 34.0% from 3 on 7.0 attempts per game, 7.0!!

Mitchell is not just a better shooter than those three, he's a MUCH better shooter.

Westbrook is "the beautiful guy that girls keep dumping", which describes Donovan perfectly.

Why just last week, I bumped into Joe at Home Depot and we got to talking about what a media hog Mitchell is. Joe then confided in me that his agent is talking to Houston (hush, hush) and that Rudy will be demanding a trade later this summer, because both of them are getting bone-*** tired of the Mitchell Show.

I just don't know how Cowherd picked up on this so soon -- damn, that guy is good!

its just cowherd's hot takes. he does this all the time. acting like donovan didnt get better in the playoffs. the dude averaged almost 29ppg in a winning playoff series....... what more do you want from him smh

Donovan Mitchell who "can't shoot" and "has to drive to the rim to be successful" attempted 7.0 of his 17.2 shot attempts per game from 3. And broke the record for 3 pointers made by a rookie.

John Wall in his rookie year shot 29.6% from 3 on 1.7 attempts per game
Derrick Rose in his rookie year shot 22.2% from 3 on 0.9 attempts per game
Russell Westbrook in his rookie year shot 27.1% from 3 on 1.6 attempts per game
DM was 34.0% from 3 on 7.0 attempts per game, 7.0!!

Mitchell is not just a better shooter than those three, he's a MUCH better shooter.
Was going to essentially post this. What’s Donovan’s percentage if he’s more selective with threes, shooting, I don’t know, maybe only 4 per game?

Mitchell is a way better shooter than all of those guys.

And at the same time he knocks Mitchell’s shooting he is proclaiming his love for Ben Simmons.
Mitchell’s shooting numbers are closer to Lillard’s rookie year than any of the other guys he mentioned.

Can’t believe that he knocks Mitchell for his shooting and then praises Ben Simmons. There’s hot takes. . . and then there’s hot takes.

Colin is one of those guys who either hits the nail on the head or misses the nail and the board and falls off the roof and breaks his neck.

In other words, he can be really right and also really, really wrong at times. He's so wrong here it's sad.

I really want Mitchell to win ROY so all these guys will have their heads explode.

Not expecting anything. . . But it would be funny as hell.

I mean between those 3 there are 15 All-Star appearances and 2 of them are MVP's. It's not a huge insult.

I get what he is getting at, but Mitchell differentiates himself in that he is useful off-ball and on a team that doesnt put him on the ball all the time. If the Jazz were doing what so many fans here have called for, becoming a full-time PG, I would worry about him developing bad off-ball habits like those 3 did early in their careers.

Production meeting this morning:

CC: What's the buzz in the NBA that isn't 'Bron?
Staff: Rookies were talked a lot about. Simmons vs. Mitchell vs. Tatum.
CC: So hot take on one. Got it. Which one?
Staff: Won't matter. All three will either be incensed or validated.
CC: PROFIT! I earn that multi-million dollar yearly contract.