What's new

Donovan Mitchell - We are lucky to have him

I'm pretty cynical when it comes to people, so I have a hard time believing Mitchell is actually enjoys being as altruistic as he comes off.

Doing good for others makes you feel good. It's a pain in the *** sometimes... not sure why you wouldn't think he likes this or is partly disingenuous. I think in large part this is who he is and he is genuine.

Doing good for others makes you feel good. It's a pain in the *** sometimes... not sure why you wouldn't think he likes this or is partly disingenuous. I think in large part this is who he is and he is genuine.
If he wasn’t genuine he would not be in SLC, in an Apple store, in the beginning of August taking care of some fan he knows nothing about. He didn’t know it would find it’s way on twitter to blow up. He owned this fan base before he paid for someone’s iPhone, didn’t need to do it. He could, so he did. Donovan’s a good person, and I think that’s completely legitimate. Maybe sometimes we’re cynical because we know we wouldn’t do the same thing. If it’s all 100% him, I’m not afraid to admit that 21 year old kid is a better dude than me.

Clearly him feeling good about himself wasnt the only benefit for him in this exchange.

I mean, his dad is the director of community outreach and relations for the Mets. He's clearly had this stuff ingrained in him. He also clearly cares about branding himself.

I'm not saying he's secretly some POS guy who is completely fake and just doing it all for brand boosting, but being this great all the time has to be mentally draining.

I mean, his dad is the director of community outreach and relations for the Mets. He's clearly had this stuff ingrained in him. He also clearly cares about branding himself.

I'm not saying he's secretly some POS guy who is completely fake and just doing it all for brand boosting, but being this great all the time has to be mentally draining.
Yes he’s been kind of raised on what to do and what not to do, but it’s also sooooo much more than he has to do. Does he need to go to multiple 4th of July parties, if only for publicity why not go to one? Does he need to pay for someone’s iPhone? Does he need to take time to take pictures with multiple fans as he gets back to SLC from Shanghai and has a camp the next morning? Did he need to do a camp here his first year? Does jumping to Utah’s defense really help his branding that much? He’s went to bees games, Ute games, Stars games, BYU games, high school games. He’s plugged himself in to the community, that’s a very good thing.

61yJKZIJqjL._SX425_.jpg

They guy is most likely a legimately really nice guy. And he also probably likes to be perceived as a nice guy and that probably pushes him to keep showing that he is one, which isn't a bad thing. We'd have to get in a deep psychological discussion on why people are nice, but when it comes down to it does it really matter the reason he's nice as long as he continues to be? Extended niceness makes you a nice person.

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app

They guy is most likely a legimately really nice guy. And he also probably likes to be perceived as a nice guy and that probably pushes him to keep showing that he is one, which isn't a bad thing. We'd have to get in a deep psychological discussion on why people are nice, but when it comes down to it does it really matter the reason he's nice as long as he continues to be? Extended niceness makes you a nice person.

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app
Oh I’m sure it’s a part of it. Donovan probably loves the love he’s getting. I’m sure he’s treated like the hottest **** around wherever he goes here because he is. There’s nothing wrong with doing nice things, because you’re a nice guy AND you like the love you’re getting. He’s 21, I’m sure he loves it.

If he was a phony it might be draining... I mean who says being a good guy is more draining than being a selfish *******?

I’ve known a lot of super good dudes... they don’t seem tired or like they are doing stuff for their brand... im sure he just did this as a PR stunt and will get so much brand credit for it.

I’ll just say... those that question why someone would do good things and look for other motives... are very likely to be guys that only do good things for selfish reasons.

Or when he had that nice line of “if that’s what he needs to be f***** MVP, then f*** it”

Yup you can have edge and competitiveness and be a good dude.

To paraphrase the greatest TV show ever: there's no such thing as "deep inside." All you are is the things you do. If you treat people well, it doesn't matter what you're like "deep inside." Same goes for treating people poorly.

Every piece of data we have points to this is just kind of who he is.

He isn’t perfect... he might be mean to someone at some point but this stuff is all coming from a really genuine place.

Every piece of data we have points to this is just kind of who he is.

He isn’t perfect... he might be mean to someone at some point but this stuff is all coming from a really genuine place.
Someone deep dive into his twitter and find the time he tripped a kid in a wheelchair then tweeted about it.