What's new

Donovan should temporarily change his number in remembrance of George Floyd

The Killers revised this song in remembrance of George Floyd. A couple of them live in Park City and show up to the Jazz games often - These are also some of the good guys.

Damn it, everyone should be free. Not just free, but a deep respect of the freedom and value of everyone. It won't be perfect, but everyone should have a fair shake and treated with dignity, not brute force.

What would be sweet would be if every NBA player put the name of someone different who was murdered, either by police or obviously and iconically racially motivated.

Who would get to put Medger Evers on their jersey?

The Killers revised this song in remembrance of George Floyd. A couple of them live in Park City and show up to the Jazz games often - These are also some of the good guys.

Damn it, everyone should be free. Not just free, but a deep respect of the freedom and value of everyone. It won't be perfect, but everyone should have a fair shake and treated with dignity, not brute force.

I would want the Killers to play that song during a halftime show. Man, would that be courageous, they would probably lose half their sales for their new album. Too many are blinded because of group thinking but desperately need a couple of nudges to wake them up.

There is truth everywhere man. We need to walk a mile in someone's shoes to see. The lefty stuff i don't like but i think things should change for the better for everyone.

There is truth everywhere man. We need to walk a mile in someone's shoes to see. The lefty stuff i don't like but i think things should change for the better for everyone.
You know parable on the mount/beattitude stuff. If your bother asks you to walk with him one mile then walk with him two. That is Jesus asking us to do that. Period.

I doubt it. He's upset. You are analyzing it too much. For me it's a maybe, but hey not everyone can handle these fiery situations keeping everyone happy. Buy yeah, it is true that there are many good people here in SLC. It is not honest to say otherwise. Some need to grow up, but that is true everywhere. I don't really care. He's not a pastor. He's a very respected intelligent young man but hell no he ain't Jesus - it hurts a little, but man that is not his job. But truthfully, I think Jesus would have a talkin' to everyone in the USA. I think Jesus is all about fairness and mercy, something which we have drastically, awfully failed at.

Twitter is a very narrow slice of reality, it ain't reality. If that is the source of dialogue with others, of course it would sour anyone. The Utah folk like very specific things to work on. If Donovan said, cops don't pull over anyone without crystal clear cause. Or don't vandalize things or don't use slurs (which they have done and improved), this community would mobilize - I am serious. My worst paranoid thinking is this, does he want people to improve or has he given up???

Last edited:
If I were a player, I would change my name to "For ALL".
Hat tip to pledge of allegiance and reminder this is not just for the Black community or other minorities, it is a movement for the rights and freedom of every American.

If I were a player, I would change my name to "For ALL".
Hat tip to pledge of allegiance and reminder this is not just for the Black community or other minorities, it is a movement for the rights and freedom of every American.
It’s almost like you don’t realize the social injustices that go on around you

What would be sweet would be if every NBA player put the name of someone different who was murdered, either by police or obviously and iconically racially motivated.

Who would get to put Medger Evers on their jersey?
OK, the NBA said no names of dead people, and I guess I understand that. Still seems like a missed opportunity, but legally fraught.

A couple of thoughts.

Why in the hell are there no black characters in the Last Airbender? Seriously, why not??

Politics for some people are super important. Their loyalty to a political party runs very deep for many generations. There are talking points in the GOP against black lives matters that have existed for at least a decade. I don't believe these talking points, but they typically go like this: BLM is just a marxist front group who wants to upend the american system and really don't care about black lives but want to sow violence and choas. Or another point - all lives matters or blue lives matters. Are these points racist or are they just political paranioa? Maybe it is there are many people who are just blinded by their politics instead of being racist?

Last edited: