What's new

Dont Veto Neto

jumpin bean

This should be an easy decision. Bring over Neto this year.There is going to be a fight between Burke and Exum for point.We know who the loser will be. The jazz need to secure the backup to Dante by bringing over Neto. Then cut bait with Trey before it rips at the team.Good by Trey ,thanks for your time . Welcome Raul to the Nba.

1e40b70642d727d4fb9edd389ad89a178a310fa7a17e9f1ade9f7b98642b75ba.jpg

thanks.the story is that the Jazz think that Exum and Trey can coexist and I don't think there is a chance in hell because of the ego of the 2 point guards. you want to make Exum happy at all costs. Hope the jazz have what it takes to do the right thing but I think they like Burke and that looks like trouble for the team.

Minutes are hard to come by. If we bring over Neto, rotation would probably look like this:

Burke 22 Exum 16 Neto 10
Burks 28 Hayward 5 Exum 5
Hayward 25 Hood 15 Novak 8
Kanter 28 Booker 20
Favors 30 Gobert 18

Do we want him to barely 10 minutes at NBA or 28-30 Minutes in Spain? And three PGs that will probably contribute around the same level is hard to manage for every coach let alone one trying develop players.

And you want to play Exum at PG as much as you can, bringing Neto would prevent that.

Ps. People who already gave up on Burke are numbnuts. Thanks.

Last edited:
thanks.the story is that the Jazz think that Exum and Trey can coexist and I don't think there is a chance in hell because of the ego of the 2 point guards. you want to make Exum happy at all costs. Hope the jazz have what it takes to do the right thing but I think they like Burke and that looks like trouble for the team.

Great post. Rep'd.

Why bring him over on his rookie contract this early?

You want to stagger his contract in relation to the others if you actually think he can be good.

This should be an easy decision. Bring over Neto this year.There is going to be a fight between Burke and Exum for point.We know who the loser will be. The jazz need to secure the backup to Dante by bringing over Neto. Then cut bait with Trey before it rips at the team.Good by Trey ,thanks for your time . Welcome Raul to the Nba.

I'm loving this made up controversy about Trey Burke being a negative to the team through his demeanor.

How about we watch a month or two of basketball with Snyder's system and give the young guys time to develop and play.

Might be crazy but maybe.......Wait and see how both of the perform.......

The Jazz should and will give Burke another chance which will be the whole coming season. I don't I expect a trade to move him. No doubt we will try Burke and Exum in different ways and I believe Quinn will find a balance between them.

However, it's been long since I began to think that Burke won't be the main PG of the team. I just don't see it in him. But he can still be a part of the franchise and could find ways to be helpful in the team.

The Jazz should and will give Burke another chance which will be the whole coming season. I don't I expect a trade to move him. No doubt we will try Burke and Exum in different ways and I believe Quinn will find a balance between them.

However, it's been long since I began to think that Burke won't be the main PG of the team. I just don't see it in him. But he can still be a part of the franchise and could find ways to be helpful in the team.

Then you've gotta ask the question is Burke willing to take the backup PG role? I doubt he would say yes.

Then you've gotta ask the question is Burke willing to take the backup PG role? I doubt he would say yes.
If the things go that way after this season, yep. You're right, it's unlikely he would accept a lesser role than being the first point guard. However, he will have to make a choice and if he wants another "another chance", then he should ask it from a different team, imo. But like I said, he's a very serviceable player at worst so the Jazz should try to convince him to stay even though it will be unlikely.

By the way, I don't mean he couldn't prove me wrong ever. That's why I'm OK giving him a chance under Quin(more importantly, after Corbin).

If the things go that way after this season, yep. You're right, it's unlikely he would accept a lesser role than being the first point guard. However, he will have to make a choice and if he wants another "another chance", then he should ask it from a different team, imo. But like I said, he's a very serviceable player at worst so the Jazz should try to convince him to stay even though it will be unlikely.

By the way, I don't mean he couldn't prove me wrong ever. That's why I'm OK giving him a chance under Quin(more importantly, after Corbin).

I do like Burke, but I don't really see Burke overtaking Exum for the starting spot in the foreseeable future.

Reactions: ema
Why bring him over on his rookie contract this early?

You want to stagger his contract in relation to the others if you actually think he can be good.

The Jazz are not going to get him on a rookie contract if he ever plays well in Europe anyway. Might as well get him over here while your focus is on developing players.

Umm Neto is a 2nd round pick-- his rookie contract isn't that big of deal. The potential problem would be a Chandler Parson situation if he was really, really good.

But we would have RFA rights for up to a 3 season deal.

3 PG's with a total of 1 year of NBA experience? Don't think so. I like Neto, but it does not look like he fits at present.

3 PG's with a total of 1 year of NBA experience? Don't think so. I like Neto, but it does not look like he fits at present.

Maybe that's not the ideal scenario, but it is what it is. Isn't there value in being able to evaluate 3 young players while they are simultaneously in front of your eyes for a season? My guess is the Jazz just don't like Neto all that much. He's essentially begging to come over...and last year would've been a great scenario where he could've came in on equal footing with Trey....didn't do it. Now it's more complicated.