What's new

Dwill and CJ are BOTH on pace...

The funny thing about this complaint is that shooting 33% from 3 is the same as shooting 50% from 2. Only downside is you usually don't get points from the FT line by shooting 3's. Still.. lulz.

The funny thing about this complaint is that shooting 33% from 3 is the same as shooting 50% from 2. Only downside is you usually don't get points from the FT line by shooting 3's. Still.. lulz.

So we throw out all comparisons because shooting 50% overall (including 3 point attempts) is decent?

So we throw out all comparisons because shooting 50% overall (including 3 point attempts) is decent?

50% shooting overall is easily top 3 in the NBA at any time - right now if you averaged 50% FGs you'd be ranked #1 in the NBA. And after Boston (49%), you'd have a sizable advantage over the rest of the league.

I just think it's funny how people complain about shooting 3-point shots at a reasonable clip when you compare it to the number of points you actually earn at that clip. It's a hell of a lot better than shooting roughly 40% on 20-foot jumpers. 20-foot jumpers are the worst shot in basketball. If you have an open look and you can shoot it at around 35% or so, take it. I don't see what the problem is with that.

I would rather see Hayward than CJ right now. CJ is becoming a volume scorer, what we do not need, whereas Hayward seems to play within the offense and really hustle, not to mention I think he will turn out to be a better shooter than CJ, early season jitters notwithstanding.

50% shooting overall is easily top 3 in the NBA at any time - right now if you averaged 50% FGs you'd be ranked #1 in the NBA. And after Boston (49%), you'd have a sizable advantage over the rest of the league.

I just think it's funny how people complain about shooting 3-point shots at a reasonable clip when you compare it to the number of points you actually earn at that clip. It's a hell of a lot better than shooting roughly 40% on 20-foot jumpers. 20-foot jumpers are the worst shot in basketball. If you have an open look and you can shoot it at around 35% or so, take it. I don't see what the problem is with that.

You're talking team shooting, and I thought we're talking individual (CJ).

I can't agree 33% is a good 3 point %. A good team average is 38 - 39 %. Having your two highest volume guys sub-34% is terrible no matter how you spin it statistically.

33% three point, considering negligible 4 point plays, translates to 1 PPS. That's pretty poor. Every good team has a PPS 1.25 or higher the season. In other words, 25% more points are scored per shot than D-Will and CJ when shooting threes.

33% three point, considering negligible 4 point plays, translates to 1 PPS. That's pretty poor. Every good team has a PPS 1.25 or higher the season. In other words, 25% more points are scored per shot than D-Will and CJ when shooting threes.

This season leader, Spurs, average 1.04 PPS actually. You forgot to exclude free throws points.

It would be a lot easier for our shooters if we had a guy who, oh I don't know, COMANDED A DOUBLE TEAM IN THE POST so that he could dish it out to the open man.

I remember watching Gametime in December, and when the guy who plays power forward for the Bulls came back, Rose and some other guard (I think it was Korver), increased their three point shooting by 10% after he came back.

I'm not saying they don't. I'm saying they have nothing to do with this specific discussion in regards to justifiable shot percentages.

Why not? Does scoring efficiency not matter? (Hint: the best and most efficient scorers tend to get to the line a lot. Durant is the scoring king, for example).

It would be a lot easier for our shooters if we had a guy who, oh I don't know, COMANDED A DOUBLE TEAM IN THE POST so that he could dish it out to the open man.

I remember watching Gametime in December, and when the guy who plays power forward for the Bulls came back, Rose and some other guard (I think it was Korver), increased their three point shooting by 10% after he came back.
I wonder what player your talking about cause every player the Jazz lost this past off season did not command a double team, all though there was one that did occasionally get double teamed.
My next question/comment leads and coincides with your next point as well when he came back this player that occasionally got double teamed also seemed to have that same penchant for always needing to come back for one reason or another.
Lastly I wonder if the shooting % going up is partly because they're better shooters then the Jazz have and not playing injured, not sure just a thought.

Hey VinylIdiot, I shouldnt be wasting time digging out links for you. But since you seem to be incapable of doing it yourself, here is just as a sample from a FOX sports article
https://sports.mobile.msn.com/en-us/articles.aspx?aid=579989&acid=2&afid=0

It'd be criminal if Williams did push Sloan out. As good a career as Williams is putting together, he simply doesn't have the resume at this point to command such power with the Miller family, which owns Utah's only pro franchise.

Here's what we heard on that front: Williams was pushing behind the scenes to get more playing time for C.J. Miles and other younger players, while Sloan was committed to continue going into battle with veterans he trusted, including Raja Bell and Andrei Kirilenko. His trust in Kirilenko was met with the rolling of eyes by some players, who noted that Kirilenko milked injuries and liked to take an occasional game off.

Obviously this wasnt the only link where I read or heard about it, but I wasnt going to spend more than 2 mins on googling all the links out for you.

And just because I dont respond to your stupid posts within a day, it doesnt mean I dont have anything to back up what I said earlier. It could just mean that I have better things to do with my life.