What's new

Dwill and CJ are BOTH on pace...

Okur13

To set the franchise record for most three pointers attempted in a season.
And are shooting 33% and 34%.
If there is a trade its gotta be for a shooter, teams are starting to realize it and it's only going to get worse.
Why couldn't we just keep either Korver or Matthews...ugh

Deron wanted more mins for his buddy Miles. That was one of his disagreements with Sloan. I hope Deron gets his wish. I'd love to see Miles start and play 30 mins every night at SG or SF. Our own Rip Hamilton should'nt be buried on the bench behind Bell or Kirilenko. Play Smiles and give him the license to shoot anytime he wants. And see what happens. Championship, baby!

Dwill and CJ are BOTH on pace...To set the franchise record for most three pointers attempted in a season.
And are shooting 33% and 34%.
Call that Exhibit-Q of Jazz players not buying into the system. Exhibit-R is as a team, the Jazz are on pace to shoot more threes than they have in the past 15+ years. Bad shooters shooting alot of bad shots (not that 3's are bad, but too many of our 3's are the result of poorly executed half-court sets) and you have the worst Jazz offense since 2005-06.

With Raja AK & Memo all hurt who else is suppose to shoot from outside?

Ummmm how about anyone else?

Those are horrible percentages. I'd much rather see Millsap shoot than CJ. In fact, why the hell did CJ shoot 8 more times than Deron and 6 more times than Millsap?

See, that's another problem this team has. The real scorers, Al and Millsap, don't get the ball. While guys like CJ and Raja cast away like they're Kobe Bryant playing for the 05 Lakers with Chris Mihm at center.

Those are horrible percentages. I'd much rather see Millsap shoot than CJ. In fact, why the hell did CJ shoot 8 more times than Deron and 6 more times than Millsap?

See, that's another problem this team has. The real scorers, Al and Millsap, don't get the ball. While guys like CJ and Raja cast away like they're Kobe Bryant playing for the 05 Lakers with Chris Mihm at center.

LOL @ dragging Mihm into this. Well played.

Hard to feed an undersized Millsap the ball if everyone is sagging in on him and AJ because we have no threat from outside.

Hard to feed an undersized Millsap the ball if everyone is sagging in on him and AJ because we have no threat from outside.

I agree.

But that doesn't justify CJ chucking the ball 19 times to one side of the court.

If he doesn't shoot it, hell, maybe the defense still thinks he can make it and won't crash down so much on Millsap. But when the defense knows how badly the chucker is off, because he has proven his incompetence, well then the defense can just about forget guarding him.

Besides, a forced jumper from al and Millsap have a much better chance of going in than a wide open jumper from chucker.

We are shooting more 3's than we did last season, there's just no logic behind it with the team we currently have.

Clearly spacing is a huge problem. I think you need three 3-point shooters on the court at all times to win in this league. The Jazz usually only have two. Either Deron and Raja or Deron and Miles.
The Jazz succeeded last year because they usually had three shooters at all times on court (Okur, Matthews/Miles/Korver, Deron).

Clearly spacing is a huge problem. I think you need three 3-point shooters on the court at all times to win in this league. The Jazz usually only have two. Either Deron and Raja or Deron and Miles.
The Jazz succeeded last year because they usually had three shooters at all times on court (Okur, Matthews/Miles/Korver, Deron).

This is right on the money. Even when we have two 3-point shooters on the floor. None of them are consistent from 3. It's a flaw in the way the roster was built. Until this is addressed, we will continue to have issues.

Deron wanted more mins for his buddy Miles. That was one of his disagreements with Sloan. I hope Deron gets his wish. I'd love to see Miles start and play 30 mins every night at SG or SF. Our own Rip Hamilton should'nt be buried on the bench behind Bell or Kirilenko. Play Smiles and give him the license to shoot anytime he wants. And see what happens. Championship, baby!

How do you know this? Where you at a team meeting?

Our own Rip Hamilton should'nt be buried on the bench behind Bell or Kirilenko. Play Smiles and give him the license to shoot anytime he wants. And see what happens. Championship, baby!

LOL. I don't know how, but I almost missed the beauty in your post.

and of those you mentioned that are on the team this season, I wouldn't say their shooting percentages are anywhere near where they need to be for any of those players to be categorized as shooters

far more depth in the shooting category last year, even Ronnie Price could hit a decent outside shot with some degree of regularity

CJ does get a lot of run I agree. He is either on or way off. Wouldn't mind see little Gordie Haywurrrd get some more run.