What's new

Dwyane Wade buys ownership stake in Utah Jazz

Make no doubts. This is F'in huge. Wade has been one of the most beloved players in the 20th century. The dude was voted the sexiest athlete alive. He throwing in his hat with the Jazz is like Jay Z joining the Nets. After all the obvious disrespect the Jazz have gotten with there domaince this year (elite hate underdog stories) D Wade backing the Jazz brings national legitimacy. This is f-in huge!

Idk how this doesn’t have more comments but who cares I guess lol. Something I loved though is that Wade said he was gonna take a active role in the region as well. Even though I’m a conservative and Wade is not, that’s a dude I’m willing to hear out on things because he seems like a good man and reasonable, unhateful or brash thinker/talker. I’d love for both the state the team to have a better image in areas of diversity because I think there’s a lot of minorities out here that get left out. Again, no way I’m every going to be liberal but man I appreciate their efforts to help the state/team try to modernize and be a community leader.

um3g5qs.jpg

Idk how this doesn’t have more comments but who cares I guess lol. Something I loved though is that Wade said he was gonna take a active role in the region as well. Even though I’m a conservative and Wade is not, that’s a dude I’m willing to hear out on things because he seems like a good man and reasonable, unhateful or brash thinker/talker. I’d love for both the state the team to have a better image in areas of diversity because I think there’s a lot of minorities out here that get left out. Again, no way I’m every going to be liberal but man I appreciate their efforts to help the state/team try to modernize and be a community leader.
Maybe it's cause people aren't sure what to say or how to respond, it is just so out of the blue, I know I am at a loss of words on anything meaningful. Other than to say I was shocked and happy when I saw the news.

Wonder how much Ryan Smith played a role in this is as well, would like to hear/read more how this all came about. I know even pre-Mitchell many Jazz fans liked Wade and it has only grown since.

Jokingly I thought oh great moving to Chicago (where Wade is from) and it will be like MLB having Cubs on the North side and Whitesox on the South side.

I’d bet this immediately pays dividends with officiating.

Why the jazz?
That is part of what I was referencing in my previous comment about wanting to read/hear more about how this came about. My guess is it had something to do with Ryan Smith reaching out to gauge interest, possibly after Wade may have put out "feelers" to let people know he was interested in wanting to join in on ownership on any team in the NBA.