Votes: 5 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Trade Conley and keep DL

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Keep Conley and Fire DL

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Conley. You can make a case that they should have measured Mitchell's height to realize he was only 6'1" and therefore should not have brought Conley over even if he was able to play at the same level he was playing on Memphis. But I'm still glad DL tried to make something happen rather than just sitting around and doing nothing.
it's worse than doing nothing when you are incompetent because you may have done more harm than good, which is exactly the case with the Conley trade.

You could put together a good team with all the guys who "were getting ready to come here":

Kyle Lowry
Blake Griffin
Drazen Petrovic
Len Bias

I feel like petrovic and bias would be too old if they were on the same team as lowry and griffin

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

DL is good at what he does but has made some serious blunders. He has generally found ways to redeem himself (trading Trey Lyles for Donovan, trading Exum for Clarkson, busting wildly on Burke but getting Gobert) so I hope he pulls another rabbit out of his ***.
So pretty much in the class of a good solid GM. There are bad ones but the whole draft process is a guess.

doesn't matter what size he is, you always do whatever possible to hide your franchise player on defense so he can give his all on offense. Doncic is 6'8 and jokic is 6'10 but their teams still manage to surround them with guys who can take care of all the dirty work so they can save their energies for moment when it matters.
No matter what anyone has ever told you remember... size matters.

Conley. You can make a case that they should have measured Mitchell's height to realize he was only 6'1" and therefore should not have brought Conley over even if he was able to play at the same level he was playing on Memphis. But I'm still glad DL tried to make something happen rather than just sitting around and doing nothing.
You don’t think they knew? The measure people’s god damn hand pads and you don’t think they knew.

You've just encapsulated Jazz nation in one paragraph.

But you also forgot to mention that 3-4 years later someone from the FO will casually leak how we almost traded for _____, or how _____ was wanting to sign.
Every DL press conference:

“Look we were aggressively pursuing multiple things that could improve the team... you wouldn’t believe how aggressively I was waiting by the phone... I was rocking back and forth, tapping my toes, the whole nine yards. In the end sometimes the most aggressive actions are no actions... so I would describe our mode of operation as aggressively stagnant... we have a firm belief in the direction of this program and the Millers have backed us every step of the way. They were willing to spend aggressively to improve and ultimately we thought that investment might be better used elsewhere. You’ll notice we got new padded comfy chairs for the media room and I’ve currently got some new, really nice file cabinets in my Amazon shopping cart... once I decide what color is best I will be aggressively closing that deal. We’ll also be conducting 450,000 workouts this summer... mostly so that anytime some young guy pops we can say we had him in for a workout and really liked him but went a different direction. I’d just like to close by saying screen assists... thank you”

You could put together a good team with all the guys who "were getting ready to come here":

Kyle Lowry
Blake Griffin
Drazen Petrovic
Len Bias
I’ve noticed a newer trend too. People mentioned we had Lu Dort in for a workout and the team was very high on him... I mean we only had three picks we could have used on him so we were a bit limited. Had we had just one more second he was definitely the guy.

So now we have had all these guys in and can use that as part of the proof the program is working if any of them pop anywhere.

I’ve noticed a newer trend too. People mentioned we had Lu Dort in for a workout and the team was very high on him... I mean we only had three picks we could have used on him so we were a bit limited. Had we had just one more second he was definitely the guy.

So now we have had all these guys in and can use that as part of the proof the program is working if any of them pop anywhere.
So... you’re saying DL is PGABing?

According to Tony Jones of the Athletic the Jazz are planning on keeping Conley for next season (who knows how they REALLY feel). But also according to Jones, the Jazz are willing to go into luxury tax territory to do what needs to be done.
Hopefully the Jazz can sign Conley long term

I think Conley has 3-4 more good seasons left in him. Hopefully they can get him at like 15 million per season for 2 more years after this deal runs out.

Holy ****, THEY ****ING KNEW, MATE. How big of a dip-**** are you?

Last edited:
According to Tony Jones of the Athletic the Jazz are planning on keeping Conley for next season (who knows how they REALLY feel). But also according to Jones, the Jazz are willing to go into luxury tax territory to do what needs to be done.
lol. Right. Sure thing.

lol. Right. Sure thing.
I would like an owner who does say no they won’t pay the tax...
You guys gonna pay the tax... “**** no... I have a cpa that gets me out of income taxes... you think I’m paying that ****”.

I would just appreciate the honesty.

I disagree. Many of us hated it and were vocal about it even back when it was floated as an idea at the mid-season trade deadline the previous season. I do not believe the majority here ever felt it was a good trade.
I too had little interest in the trade, but there were a fair amount that loved it and flaunted that we only had to give Crowder and Allen to go with the firsts. And most loved the signings af Davis and what’s his name, it escapes me right now.

I believe him on the first part... Actions speak louder than words on the second part.
Every owner in sports always says they will spend what is necessary to do what it takes... every. owner. Why would they say anything else?
I think it’s fair to mention that the jazz ownership have made claims like this before and have indeed gone into the tax, if I recall it was to match the Portland offer sheet to Millsap. I think they’ll be careful, they won’t go into the tax unless they see a great opportunity. For example they see a sure fire way to add a top star. My best guess anyway.

I think it’s fair to mention that the jazz ownership have made claims like this before and have indeed gone into the tax, if I recall it was to match the Portland offer sheet to Millsap. I think they’ll be careful, they won’t go into the tax unless they see a great opportunity. For example they see a sure fire way to add a top star. My best guess anyway.
They did it for two years when the tax was a dollar for dollar deal... dumped harpring and manor to really limit how much they paid. The system is more punitive now... after they paid the tax they lived at the salary floor. I’m guessing during the pandemic/impending financial crisis we will do gymnastics to duck the tax.

I disagree. Many of us hated it and were vocal about it even back when it was floated as an idea at the mid-season trade deadline the previous season. I do not believe the majority here ever felt it was a good trade.
I wanted Brogdon from the get go. He would've been a perfect fit alongside donny.

it's worse than doing nothing when you are incompetent because you may have done more harm than good, which is exactly the case with the Conley trade.
With that kind of logic one would never take any risk and be content with being mediocre at best.

With that kind of logic one would never take any risk and be content with being mediocre at best.
the solution for it would be to replace this current management with someone who's actually competent then try it again. our FO had their shot, and they blew it. so it's someone else's turn now.