Elections Have Consequences.

Gameface

IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR GAMEFACE ON!
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
Looks like the GOP is going to be forced to make a choice. Either they can win elections by moving away from Trumpism or they can win primaries by moving towards Trumpism.

Good luck with that...

Paradox.jpg

Red

What is Trumpism exactly?
I can’t do that question justice, but, among other things it is an attitude of extreme antipathy towards all authority(i.e., elites) in science, medicine, and politics. It is the promotion of conspiracism as the default mode of thinking. (The talking points in his phone call to Georgia were born of QAnon, 4chan, etc.) It is extreme grievance politics, where Trump is a victim, and since his followers believe, they too are the victims. It is adhering to the position that nothing Trump says must ever be questioned. In the latter case, it is much like a cult. It is the position that Trump=the state, and that anybody who disagrees with Trump is an enemy of America.

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
Looks like the GOP is going to be forced to make a choice. Either they can win elections by moving away from Trumpism or they can win primaries by moving towards Trumpism.

Good luck with that...

Paradox.jpg

Trump succeeded in burning down the Republican party. It's been his goal all along to reform it into the Trump party. They'll never recover.

cowhide

I can’t do that question justice, but, among other things it is an attitude of extreme antipathy towards all authority(i.e., elites) in science, medicine, and politics. It is the promotion of conspiracism as the default mode of thinking. (The talking points in his phone call to Georgia were born of QAnon, 4chan, etc.) It is extreme grievance politics, where Trump is a victim, and since his followers believe, they too are the victims. It is adhering to the position that nothing Trump says must ever be questioned. In the latter case, it is much like a cult. It is the position that Trump=the state, and that anybody who disagrees with Trump is an enemy of America.
I think you did great justice to the question. I commend your explanation and feel as thought you hit a grand slam.

LogGrad98

Contributor
Well said.

I was going to just say it is a cult. And that's about it. The most pervasive cult, in the worst possible sense, at the highest level, america has ever seen. Complete with everything, excluding the Kool-aid.

So far...

Avery

Quite simply, the best post you've ever written on this site.

Red

Thanks guys, for your kind words. Just got home and saw what was happening in Washington. Jaw dropping!

Saint Cy of JFC

Read Red's post then turn on the news right now 1-6-21. That's Trumpism and it needs to be eradicated from our nation.
So how does one eradicate Trumpism? Is Trumpism a new thing? Or just some that has a new face? How does it differ from Nationalism?