What's new

Elijah Millsap: Lindsey in exit interview: “if u say one more word, I’ll cut your Black *** and send you back to Louisiana”.

The comment, if accurately recalled by Elijah, is certainly inappropriate. But if that was the worst thing DL ever did it kind of gets a "meh" from me.

I'd like to live in a better world. I'd like to have better equality and eliminate injustice as much as possible. But I have no illusions about humanity ever achieving perfection, or anything close to it. Yeah, easy enough to say that comment is unacceptable. But we have zero context. I don't think this goes very far.

He should have just said he'd cut his sorry *** and leave race out of it.
The mention of his race on top of the I will send you back to Louisiana is really rough. But even without the reference there is a tone to that you are property and I am power.

Guess we will see how woke Ryan really is.

Yeah, without corroborating evidence, they aren't going to fire Lindsey. I'm fairly certain that all of the Jazz players know enough about him to know if he is a racist or not.

You guys think Lindsey is a racist, or does that even matter?
I don't know if he is but yes it does matter

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Well, there is a difference between a long history behavior and it happening one time. Especially if there is no collaboration. Both are bad, but one is more forgiveable.

Settle down. We don't even know if it's true.
Sunk cost effect. The possibility of it being true could have caused so much damage to this Jazz teams championship quest that it is best for us to cut our loss and fire the man who has been fairly mediocre at his job anyways.

Sunk cost effect. The possibility of it being true could have caused so much damage to this Jazz teams championship quest that it is best for us to cut our loss and fire the man who has been fairly mediocre at his job anyways.
I think what would be even more damaging is sending the message to every employee that the Jazz aren't above firing even their president based off nothing but an accusation.

Puts him in an awkward position. Also have to consider this is almost 6 years old. Not a good look though.
When it happened doesn't matter. Cancel culture has shown that it could have been 30 years ago with a stellar track record in between and they will still call for you to lose your job and your life.

lol ok The same way Mike Conley has been bad at his job ?

I think what would be even more damaging is sending the message to every employee that the Jazz aren't above firing even their president based off nothing but an accusation.
It's basically your words versus his. Then up to the players and media to pick their side. AND WE DON'T WANT TO GO INTO THAT. Next thing you know it goes into players mind that your team president could be a racist then they lost all of their energy and motivation on the court.

Any other year maybe we can afford to do a bit of investigation and find out what happened. Not now. Not the year of 2021.

It's basically your words versus his. Then up to the players and media to pick their side. AND WE DON'T WANT TO GO INTO THAT. Next thing you know it goes into players mind that your team president could be a racist then they lost all of their energy and motivation on the court.

Any other year maybe we can afford to do a bit of investigation and find out what happened. Not now. Not the year of 2021.
I can't with this guy, lol.