What's new

Enes Got Indigestion

I like a and w quite a bit.
I also like Wendy's burgers. Ah hell, who am I kidding, I like McDonald's and burger king and every other place too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I've never cared for Wendy's burgers. Their chicken products are good. I remember back in the day the spicy chicken sandwich was really something. Then they kept making it smaller and smaller, so I just get the crispy chicken sandwich. Should try that stuff with their chili hot sauce, the stuff in the gold packets.

wendys-chili-seasoning-01.JPG

Those are the equivalent of glamor shots for hamburgers. Neither one of those places hands you a burger that looks like that.

True but they still demonstrate the quality difference between them and say BK.

Those are the equivalent of glamor shots for hamburgers. Neither one of those places hands you a burger that looks like that.
I disagree. That picture of the 5 guys burger looks exactly like a burger that would be handed to me when I eat there. (Except no tomatoes)

I've never cared for Wendy's burgers. Their chicken products are good. I remember back in the day the spicy chicken sandwich was really something. Then they kept making it smaller and smaller, so I just get the crispy chicken sandwich. Should try that stuff with their chili hot sauce, the stuff in the gold packets.

wendys-chili-seasoning-01.JPG
The spicy chicken is still my go to but I like their Jr bacon cheeseburger a lot and their son of the baconator.

I disagree. That picture of the 5 guys burger looks exactly like a burger that would be handed to me when I eat there. (Except no tomatoes)

I'll take a picture of my 5 guys burger next time I get one. I mean, I get totally different toppings, but mine is a tightly wrapped smashed down burger like most I get from any fast food place. It's not all fluffy and fresh looking like that pic. In&Out is actually pretty close to the pic most of the time.

I'm going to El Paisa grill tonight for dinner.
Anyone ever eat there before

I'm going to El Paisa grill tonight for dinner.
Anyone ever eat there before

I haven't but the yelp reviews are all over the place. You going with anyone who speaks Spanish? Sounds like they have a secret menu for Spanish speakers and in some cases get turned off by gringos and then provide sub-par service.

Keng mentioned on facebook he was going to go for their unlimited lunch taco bar. Maybe check with him if you see him. But a place that offers all-you-can-eat is typically a minor red flag for me. First, because most places I go have portion sizes that are essentially all I can eat or more (and I get to take the leftovers home). Second because it often seems like they are trading good, fresh preparations for dumping mass quantities of mediocre food into bins for you to scoop onto your plate, more like a stack 'em deep sell 'em approach to food.

But that's their lunch.

I'd be interested to hear what you thought after you try it.

I will give my thoughts for sure.
No one in our group hablas teh Espanol. Brother in law birthday party.

I'm skeptical

Last time I went to 5 Guys it was $18 for a burger, drink, and medium fry. Good burger but they can kiss my A$$.
I agree it's a bit pricey and tbh I prefer smash Burger but my wife likes 5 guys better and I don't see smash Burger much.
Habit burger is pretty good but I still prefer 5 guys to them. It's dumb but those onions at 5 guys just do it for me. (Fresh onions, not sauteed)

I will give my thoughts for sure.
No one in our group hablas teh Espanol. Brother in law birthday party.

I'm skeptical

I just looked at their menu.

They have a very big menu, with Burritos, Enchiladas, Fajitas, Tortas, Steak, Hot Wings (yeah, hot wings), and then pages and pages of Mariscos. I kind of have a rule that I only get seafood at a place that is all about seafood. You need that stuff to be constantly moving. I don't want old seafood and I don't want it cooked by someone who doesn't know how to cook it right. I mean, they have a lot of it, but it makes me wonder, are they all about seafood and they're gonna half-*** your fajitas, or are they spread so thin that they don't really excel in anything?

How does a fake picture demonstrate the difference?

4564745-d8e972.jpg

Look at the quality!

I see a difference. The cheese, the thickness and quality of the patty. The look of the fries. The other clearly looks better to me.

I just looked at their menu.

They have a very big menu, with Burritos, Enchiladas, Fajitas, Tortas, Steak, Hot Wings (yeah, hot wings), and then pages and pages of Mariscos. I kind of have a rule that I only get seafood at a place that is all about seafood. You need that stuff to be constantly moving. I don't want old seafood and I don't want it cooked by someone who doesn't know how to cook it right. I mean, they have a lot of it, but it makes me wonder, are they all about seafood and they're gonna half-*** your fajitas, or are they spread so thin that they don't really excel in anything?
Ya that doesn't sound good. I'm definitely not going for seafood.
Maybe a chimichanga or fajitas. Hell, maybe even a steak. Can't really **** up a steak.