What's new

Enes Kanter Highlights vs. Thunders

I really didn't see him struggling at any point this year. It was just lack of consistent minutes and limited touches IMO. Yes, he's not rebounding as well, but last year he wasn't scouted and maybe that's where those came from along with a bigger body.

If Kanter plays well next game how many minutes will he earn? and will those earned minutes come out of Jefferson/Sap or Favors? That's what I want to know

If Kanter plays well next game how many minutes will he earn? and will those earned minutes come out of Jefferson/Sap or Favors? That's what I want to know

Kanter should get no less than an opportunity to play 15 minutes next game .. but no free pass if he's sucking. Get him in early, with an opportunity at 25 .. let him know he's got 5 minutes to show his effort last game wasn't a fluke... and go from there.

He takes Saps minutes, imo.

Next step is better defensive rebounding and attacking the rim like on the play where Durant is falling down where Kanter had a clear line to the basket.

about kanter,

when he was a draft prospect, he said he adored dirk's shooting, dwight's toughness and pau's post moves but then they edited it to smth like a self-righteous little dick claims he owns the things he listed.

back to today, we can't see kanter perform too well consistently - mostly because of his playing time- but we have seen a bunch of games since he wore the jazz uniform. can we blame him even if he claimed he has all those three great perks? he kinda have'em both!

from what i see:
-he sets much much better screens than last year, because of being in a better shape
-his midrange jumper has finally arise
-he looks significantly small near other centers, i think he should play 4
-his hairstyle is way better now
personally, i think he'll eventually reach to his potential if given chance to play. but i don't think that will happen in jazz uniform, sadly. either him or one of al or sap should be traded.

Kanter should get no less than an opportunity to play 15 minutes next game .. but no free pass if he's sucking. Get him in early, with an opportunity at 25 .. let him know he's got 5 minutes to show his effort last game wasn't a fluke... and go from there.

He takes Saps minutes, imo.

Corbin has never rewarded Kanter for playing well. Even with the game Kanter was having last night, Corbin pulled him out and put in Millsap. With Favors out, I expect Millsap to get 40 minutes and Evans to get 8; I doubt Kanter will get even 12.

Seriously, I have little doubt that Kanter will be rewarded with more minutes. Why is it that only rookies or young guys have to earn minutes? Millsap has been sucking lately and he still gets his minutes. The only time he sat was in the fourth quarter when Favors was playing well. I would think that the young guys are still looking over their shoulders because their minutes are limited.

Kanter's performance would be more consistently like last night if he got consistent minutes. Of course he is going to lay an egg every once in a while but so did Malone. I have been ready for the young guys to play. I know what Millsap and AJ can do but I think both Kanter and Favors have only shown a little of what they can do. One of the big guys have to go, either Millsap or AJ. Just think if the Jazz get a high pick with the GS pick and the best player is a PF or C, how are they going to find minutes next year if they re-sign both Millsap or AJ. You can't realistically do it without losing one of our two young guys.

I would rather increase Favors/Kanter's minutes, play Evans 10 minutes and decide between AJ and Millsap. I would also play Burks more. I know he has struggled but how can you seriously evaluate him with the lack of playing time. Foye is not going to be here next year. give Burks about 15-18 minutes to see if he can get his game going. Right now the Jazz are a .500 (9-8) and after last night's game one can see the difference in a championship caliber team and an average team. It is time to grow some balls as an organization and trade AJ/Millsap and play the young guys.

Highlights like these make me positively yearn for a legit PnR PG for these young bigs.

I'm getting very close to thinking we should trade both Al and Paul (even though the latter is my boyee)...